PDA

View Full Version : Speed "assaulted" by STR team boss during race?

Chitowncartfreak
07-22-07, 05:43 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38913/

Looks like things are going downhill fast at STR.

opinionated ow
07-22-07, 06:29 PM
what crap. liuzzi has been abysmal all season and yet they always pass his DNF's off as mechanical problems. He just overcooked it like Speed and even Hamilton did in turn 1, yet liuzzi is apparently an angel and gets away with mediocrity like it is in fashion. Scott Speed to a decent team in 2008. please!

anyone else think Franz Tost is a wanker?

Indy
07-22-07, 06:31 PM

I prefer Franz Tost with maple syrup, but I like Belgian Waffles with blueberry sauce. To each his own, I guess.

Insomniac
07-22-07, 06:54 PM
what crap. liuzzi has been abysmal all season and yet they always pass his DNF's off as mechanical problems. He just overcooked it like Speed and even Hamilton did in turn 1, yet liuzzi is apparently an angel and gets away with mediocrity like it is in fashion. Scott Speed to a decent team in 2008. please!

They said he had something break. You can see he didn't overcook it because he was hitting the inside wall before going back across to the outside where the gravel trap was.

Bourdais has done well at the tests, so I can't blame them for wanting him. I think Speed has been doing better than Liuzzi lately though. If they drop Speed, it means the Red Bull driver search program didn't work.

I know the article quotes someone as saying "assaulted", but the actual description isn't even close. Sounds just like the Ralf and the track worker. I doubt they drop Speed immediately.

Fio1
07-22-07, 08:11 PM
I think the, "I don't care anymore" attitude does not work well in European racing especially F1. You do your job the best you can and hope for the best. That worked for Alonso, it sure could work for Speed. After reading this article I doubt we will see Scott Speed in F1 again. Too bad. :shakehead :thumdown:

RHR_Fan
07-22-07, 10:47 PM
I prefer Franz Tost with maple syrup, but I like Belgian Waffles with blueberry sauce. To each his own, I guess.

Waffles with strawberries is good too. Wish I had waffles for breakfast tomorrow...

spinner26
07-23-07, 12:12 AM
Could Sebastian be plucked before the end of the season? I realize anything is possible , is it likely?

Fio1
07-23-07, 02:44 AM
The Toro Rosso team is scheduled to test at Mugello this week (starting Monday or Tuesday). Speed is due to take over from Luizi on the second day. Let's see if this happens. If not....adios. :shakehead :cry:

Insomniac
07-23-07, 09:45 AM
Could Sebastian be plucked before the end of the season? I realize anything is possible , is it likely?

Only if they pay N/H/L a lot of money to get them to let him go. They have him under contract for 2007. STR has an option through the end of July on Bourdais for 2008. Which, I presume is the "contract" that RM believed he signed. It is one if STR wants it to be one.

oddlycalm
07-23-07, 02:33 PM
Can't imagine driving for Berger, and Tost seems to be the same kind of major league jerk. Bourdais will have a rude awakening driving for these people after years in the NH environment.

oc

Spicoli
07-23-07, 06:52 PM
Can't imagine driving for Berger, and Tost seems to be the same kind of major league jerk. Bourdais will have a rude awakening driving for these people after years in the NH environment.

oc

agreed. but he'll go and we'll never see that jackwad again. :thumbup:

Fio1
07-24-07, 01:36 AM
To be honest, I don't think it's fair for the team to publicly call their driver's w*nkers.

According to motorline.cc, Tost scowled after the pair skidded out: "Only the good drivers reached the finish line today."

I think he forgot that the Championship leader went off as well in the same corner. :saywhat: Not to mention Rosberg & Button!

Italian Liuzzi told trackside reporters that his power steering had failed, but Berger disagreed: "We checked his steering and there was no fault. He approached the situation simply too fast for the amount of water."

But Berger told Auto Motor und Sport: "We were the only team that lost both cars to accidents. That is unacceptable."

Again, if Liuzzi & Speed were the only two to spin off then maybe the last comment would make sense.

Team principal Tost's criticism, meanwhile, is even more general.
"In free practice our drivers do decent lap times, but the closer to qualifying we come, the slower they go."

I don't think it's a question of Liuzzi & Speed slowing down as it is the other guys speeding up......:rolleyes:

The Austrian said: "In Formula One no-one should ever feel one hundred per cent secure."

Including you, Gerhardt! :shakehead

Rogue Leader
07-24-07, 07:47 AM
Nothing like motivating your drivers :rolleyes:

Its sad because both Liuzzi and Speed, while not the second coming of Senna, are both decent and talented, are probably both going to be done with F1 for good after this, and I think they both deserved better.

Tifosi24
07-24-07, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you sell your soul to Dieter. He has scores of minions waiting to sell their souls for a piece of what you got.

Wheel-Nut
07-24-07, 09:54 AM
Looks like Scott Speed is gone. . . .

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38951/

BobN
07-24-07, 10:12 AM
Updated on autosport. Robin may have jumped to early.

Berger said on Friday that Toro Rosso had an option on ChampCar champion Sebastien Bourdais for 2008.

On Tuesday, however, a Toro Rosso spokesperson denied reports that Speed had left the team, and said the American was still scheduled to test at Mugello on Wednesday and Thursday.

"There's no truth in that and Scott is also planned to be driving for our test in Mugello tomorrow and the day after tomorrow," she said.

Fio1
07-24-07, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you sell your soul to Dieter. He has scores of minions waiting to sell their souls for a piece of what you got.

I don't know about that. Without Red Bull a lot of these guys won't ever have made it to GP2 let alone F1. It takes a lot of money to go racing and no matter how good you are, someone needs to pay for it. Liuzzi & Speed would probably be doing what David Fore & Matt Jaskoll are doing; karting if it weren't for Red Bull.....

Yup. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61125

ferrarigod
07-24-07, 04:58 PM
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32246

Liuzzi showed up, but Speed has yet to take the track. Is he supposed to be out tomorrow?

At any rate, Liuzzi was faster than Luca in the Ferrari at Mugello, but Luca is working on the 2008 Ferrari, so things are a bit different among the 2 teams :rofl:

p.s. if speed is gone, then I'm happy. Shouldn't have been there in the first place. The competition to find an American driver was a sham from the beginning and I'm happy to see it end.

Accipiter
07-24-07, 05:30 PM
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32246

Liuzzi showed up, but Speed has yet to take the track. Is he supposed to be out tomorrow?

Under the current testing rules, you can only run one car per day, and most teams won't waste track time changing them over for a different driver. We'll have to see what happens tomorow.

Wally
07-24-07, 05:46 PM
p.s. if speed is gone, then I'm happy. Shouldn't have been there in the first place. The competition to find an American driver was a sham from the beginning and I'm happy to see it end.

Agree...:thumbup: The whole F1 in the press dirty laundry thing sucks, having said that Speed has failed to impress. Send him back to the states and lets find out if he can drive.

ferrarigod
07-24-07, 06:34 PM
Under the current testing rules, you can only run one car per day, and most teams won't waste track time changing them over for a different driver. We'll have to see what happens tomorow.

is that true? Seabass had tested earlier against Liuzzi and Speed. When did it take effect?

jonovision_man
07-24-07, 08:25 PM
Q: And you haven't talked to them since Sunday?

Speed: "No, I haven't talked to anyone since Sunday."

That's good news. :p

Will Bourdais leave NH mid-season for F1?? :eek: That'd be f'n awesome.

jono

Rogue Leader
07-24-07, 10:55 PM
This team seems like its run like Andrea Moda!

Accipiter
07-25-07, 10:14 AM
is that true? Seabass had tested earlier against Liuzzi and Speed. When did it take effect?

Yes, the current testing restrictions go something like this:

8 3-day test sesions are allowed, with only 1 car able to be used in the test. They are also restricted to a maximum of 30,000 kilometres, and 300 sets of tires.

These were rules intended to go into effect next season, but the teams agreed to move them up a year.

Any time you see two drivers' times from the same team on the same day, they set them in the same chassis.

Accipiter
07-25-07, 10:25 AM
Speed testing today:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61131

It may be a case of Mateschitz saying, "you take my money, you take my driver."

Methanolandbrats
07-25-07, 10:33 AM
Team principal Tost's criticism, meanwhile, is even more general.
"In free practice our drivers do decent lap times, but the closer to qualifying we come, the slower they go."

I don't think it's a question of Liuzzi & Speed slowing down as it is the other guys speeding up......:rolleyes:

Ya, that sounds like a team principal/car design/race engineer/mechanic problem, not a driver problem.

oddlycalm
07-25-07, 02:49 PM
It may be a case of Mateschitz saying, "you take my money, you take my driver." The most amusing restult would be if Mateshitz fired Tost and Berger and kept the drivers. Oooops.....:D

oc

cameraman
07-25-07, 03:09 PM
The most amusing restult would be if Mateshitz fired Tost and Berger and kept the drivers. Oooops.....:D

oc

It would be a huge benefit to the team's performance if he did.

Fio1
07-25-07, 05:15 PM

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38951/

Once again Robin Miller jumps the gun. He's better off covering Lindsay Lohan rather then motor racing. :irked:

Wheel-Nut
07-25-07, 05:24 PM
^^^ He gets paid by the update!!

Fio1
07-26-07, 10:51 AM
The Hungarian GP should be a lot of fun to watch.

This says it all: www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=219188

Red Bull's driver adviser Helmut Marko has defended the beleaguered pair and also issued slight criticism to their bosses.

“The drivers are not so bad,“ said Marko, who developed and then recommended the pair to Toro Rosso. “It is simply very difficult for them if support from above is missing,“ he told Sport Bild.

Berger, who like Marko is also a former grand prix driver, hit back: “Look at the drivers that Dr Marko recommended to us as future champions! And look at who he thought were unsuitable -- Kimi Raikkonen and Nico Rosberg. That says everything, I think. I have never experienced a pair of drivers such as ours.“

Nice one Gerhard. :shakehead :saywhat: :thumdown: