View Full Version : So if ABC pushes IRL to ESPN, and it spills over

Spicoli
07-22-07, 02:37 PM
past 3, which is assured, where the hell will CCWS go? :D

:gomer:

Off to da pub.:thumbup:

dando
07-22-07, 02:40 PM
past 3, which is assured, where the hell will CCWS go?

:gomer:

Off to da pub.:thumbup:

Egit. :tony: The EARL moves back to ABC after the Open, which just finished. CCWS will on fine @ 3 on E$PN. :thumbup:

-Kevin

JohnHKart
07-22-07, 02:43 PM
Oh geez....this is ridiculous. I'm taping both........What frickin Joke!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPN's screwups were annoying ten years ago, and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm glad I'm not away or asleep, I just barely caught this in time. I hate that network F em!

John

Spicoli
07-22-07, 02:45 PM
Oh geez....this is ridiculous. I'm taping both........What frickin Joke!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPN's screwups were annoying ten years ago, and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm glad I'm not away or asleep, I just barely caught this in time. I hate that network F em!

John

so does Super D. :D

you guys know each other? :laugh:

ferrarigod
07-22-07, 04:15 PM
thanks for the bump in ratings Tony. We need all the .1's we can muster.

Jag_Warrior
07-22-07, 05:17 PM
Hell, a .1 here and a .1 there... pretty soon we'll be back up to whole numbers again.

nrc
07-22-07, 05:25 PM
Oh geez....this is ridiculous. I'm taping both........
Well there's your problem.

CCWS recorded on ESPN as scheduled. :thumbup:

devilmaster
07-22-07, 05:46 PM
guys, today be happy with ESPN. trust me.

Canadians got screwed at the start big time by GlobalTV :shakehead

Insomniac
07-22-07, 06:10 PM
guys, today be happy with ESPN. trust me.

Canadians got screwed at the start big time by GlobalTV :shakehead

ESPN didn't let us down. They started the CC race on time and even went over for a couple more interviews. It's been a long time since they went over for a CC race!

devilmaster
07-22-07, 06:18 PM
ESPN didn't let us down. They started the CC race on time and even went over for a couple more interviews. It's been a long time since they went over for a CC race!

Well, GlobalTV in Canada has used the INTL feed of Jeremy Shaw and James Hinchcliffe for the Canadian races which are the only races they show - now the intl feed never goes to commercial, leaving the networks the choice of when to do it.

I've noticed these past two races that Global goes commercial when there is a small pause in the announcing. Shaw stops talking for a sec, Global goes to commercial - it looks fairly well planned.

Well, today, just as the cars gridded for the standing start, Shaw stops talking as the lights start coming on, I guess for a little bit of drama. And global goes to commercial. :flame: They realized it and cut the commercials short but when they came back the cars were in turn 3 or 4. :shakehead

Insomniac
07-22-07, 06:49 PM
Well, GlobalTV in Canada has used the INTL feed of Jeremy Shaw and James Hinchcliffe for the Canadian races which are the only races they show - now the intl feed never goes to commercial, leaving the networks the choice of when to do it.

I've noticed these past two races that Global goes commercial when there is a small pause in the announcing. Shaw stops talking for a sec, Global goes to commercial - it looks fairly well planned.

Well, today, just as the cars gridded for the standing start, Shaw stops talking as the lights start coming on, I guess for a little bit of drama. And global goes to commercial. :flame: They realized it and cut the commercials short but when they came back the cars were in turn 3 or 4. :shakehead

D'oh! They did show replays later at least. ;)

rosawendel
07-22-07, 08:15 PM
I'm interested in the numbers between the IRL and ALMS, which were on at the same time (ALMS was tape delayed on CBS, the IRL was live on abc), while remembering that ALMS was the undercard for the weekend.

jonovision_man
07-22-07, 09:57 PM

That was beyond brutal... :thumdown:

You got the double shaft I assume, with F1 being tape delayed on TSN and no ExpressVue?

Insomniac
07-22-07, 10:36 PM

You got the double shaft I assume, with F1 being tape delayed on TSN and no ExpressVue?

ChampCar didn't feel like congratulating Alonso this week. :D

devilmaster
07-22-07, 11:28 PM

You've read my facebook status I presume? ;)

yep - basic cable screwed me over. I'd been holding off on digital cable for the simple reason that I don't watch enough TV to really make it worth having (its why I got rid of expressvu in the first place.) Of course, neither would have changed what happened in the CC race.

If I had still had sat or digital cable, I could have at least watched the F1 race live this morning. TSN has an 'alternate' channel used only when stuff conflicts.

Oh well, c'est la vie. Ain't the end of the world. :\

[edit] And I almost forgot. it seems like every race series got screwed today. I flipped to TSN at 3:58 or so cause the F1 replay was supposed to start at 4. The IRL race just finished and they were about to start interviews when TSN abruptly ended their broadcast and went to the F1 replay. :rofl:

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 08:33 AM
You've read my facebook status I presume? ;)

No, just missed you at the morning chat. :) Figured that's what was up.

Too much racing on this weekend, which usually is a good thing, but with all the conflicts it was just a mess... I only ended up watching ChampCar and F1 (and the Tour de France :)).

jono

Jag_Warrior
07-25-07, 11:05 AM
ChampCar didn't feel like congratulating Alonso this week. :D

No, they (ABC/ESPN) dropped the dime on the ALMS race this time. I was bouncing around ABC and ESPN trying to figure out what was going to be on and when. I believe the "news" came out about the Porsche sweep during the IRL broadcast (ESPN maybe?). ******s! :flame:

The lesson I've now learned is to avoid ANY ABC or ESPN broadcast if there's another major race on that I haven't seen yet. I can only record two programs, so if there's three on, from now on, it will be the ABC/ESPN broadcast that gets bumped.... whatever it is.

If Champ Car's ESPN deal is good for the series, then that's fine. But I hated ESPN in the mid-90's and I hate watching those channels now. If not for the NHRA and CCWS, I'd have no need to EVER turn to the ESPN channels.