PDA

View Full Version : So they are actually going to show it

opinionated ow
07-22-07, 06:48 AM
Apparently Champ Car has finally realised Australia exists, and a race is being shown at 12:50AM Tuesday. I wonder how many laps before I turn it off and have a cry...

KLang
07-22-07, 09:24 AM
You're welcome....:\

ferrarigod
07-22-07, 04:16 PM
i assumed you were already crying. :confused:

cart7
07-22-07, 05:20 PM
wrong thread.

opinionated ow
07-24-07, 11:54 AM
for anyone interested, i lasted 5 laps. i just couldnt stand the trainwreck i saw. i nearly vomited at the standing start, the ugly cars nearly sent me over the edge, and then i discovered i had no idea how many laps were left, so i turned it off before i cried.

jonovision_man
07-24-07, 01:06 PM
They mentionned a lack of graphics on the international feed, it was fixed a few laps in.

The cars are beautiful. :) Standing start went well.

Too bad you're writing it off, it's been a decent season. The grid has been compelling, the races closely fought, some controversy here and there, I've enjoyed it.

jono

nrc
07-24-07, 01:13 PM
for anyone interested, i lasted 5 laps. i just couldnt stand the trainwreck i saw. i nearly vomited at the standing start, the ugly cars nearly sent me over the edge, and then i discovered i had no idea how many laps were left, so i turned it off before i cried.
Ugly cars? :confused: Whatever else people may think about the state of CCWS I think you're solidly in the minority on that point.

dando
07-24-07, 02:58 PM

:confused: Perhaps you meant the IRL race @ Mid-Ohio and confused which forum in which to post this. :)

-Kevin

ferrarigod
07-24-07, 03:56 PM
if you're so unhappy and think the series has no redeeming qualities(which i agree it does have major major issues) then why still post? do you think your speech is going to change anything?

the racing is still fun for me, as crappy as 17 cars may be, I still see remnants of the series I once loved. All you seem to do however is bemoan any and all change, and complain that it has ruined everything. The series may be standing on 1 leg, but do you see any positive whatsoever? If not, what keeps you here, and posting?

just curious.

oddlycalm
07-24-07, 04:56 PM
Agreed, not broadcasting in Australia and New Zealand is lame. Now they come at mid-season with a 1am air time...? :thumdown:

Disagree on the new car and standing starts. The Lolas were on their way to becoming "classics" and the rolling starts were hurting.

oc

emjaya
07-24-07, 05:20 PM
for anyone interested,

I'm not...

i just couldnt stand the trainwreck i saw.

It looked like a motor race to me.

i nearly vomited at the standing start,

I can not think of any thing sillier than a rolling start at a street circuit.

the ugly cars

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - Margaret Wolfe Hungerford.

nearly sent me over the edge,

At Sydney Heads, I hope.

and then i discovered i had no idea how many laps were left,

Checkered flag waves, race is over.

so i turned it off before i cried.

Is there a way to turn your whinging off.

grungex
07-24-07, 07:50 PM
This thread is fun!

jonovision_man
07-24-07, 08:12 PM
It looked like a motor race to me.

That's just it... I can't see anyone being so whiney about this race and still claim to be a race fan.

Sorry opinionated ow, I can agree with you on the state of the series from a business perspective, but I can't figure calling the DPO1 ugly, it's f'n gorgeous. And the start is what, 10s out of the entire race? Get over it.

jono

gpflepsen
07-24-07, 08:20 PM
Dude, you're giving Aussies a bad name. What makes you think we want to hear you bitch?

Indy
07-24-07, 08:34 PM
As disgusted as I am with Champ Car in general, the races this year have been entertaining. This one was probably the least interesting, but not for the reasons mentioned.

Why bother, OOW?

Robstar
07-24-07, 10:15 PM
Checkered flag waves, race is over.

:laugh:

Kiwifan
07-25-07, 03:07 AM
oow, mate in the past I have kept my trap shut when you have rabbited on but come on. Some of us would love to see Champ Cars on telly. Highlights or not. The cars are ugly? As em' said, "beauty is in the etc" I remember seeing the car in Indy last year and I thought it was a cracker, as did most of the crowd where we were.

And about that crowd from a thread long gone,,,, maybe I'm at the wrong end of the track from you (although I have wandered amongst the hill crowd many times) but your view on the drunken behavior of the fans is way off the mark. Sorry mate but I just haven't seen it. Have I seen a few under the weather? Sure? Are they all drunken yobbos "just" supporting the V8s? N'ah. Just my humble opinion but hey.

You seem to have a burr in ya butt lately and maybe you have reason over the flying fiasco but if ya don't enjoy Champ Car, move on.

Take care bro and chill out before ya blow a fuse. :)

Rusty.

pitwall3
07-31-07, 04:46 PM
Question for oww. Do you correspond regularly with IC or JW on TF? Your bleatings re Champ Car's would make one wonder. :D

opinionated ow
07-31-07, 08:04 PM
Question for oww. Do you correspond regularly with IC or JW on TF? Your bleatings re Champ Car's would make one wonder. :D

i could launch a much harder, ruder attack on the irl but i can't be bothered 'cause we all know it is s@#$er:D. and i am still convinced defender and jim wilke are parodies.