PDA

View Full Version : So what happens if BE just fell over and died?

Andrew Longman
07-20-07, 10:42 AM
Not that I wish that for anyone, but given how much of F1 is driven directly by what puts the most money in BEs pocket, there must be some sort of succession plan, no?

Or do all the players just run around in little circles and grab as much money as possible?

jonovision_man
07-20-07, 11:22 AM
Surely he has a will... :)

jono

Spicoli
07-20-07, 12:04 PM
http://www.smackforum.net/showthread.php?t=1208

Well, you can a;ways read "The Spawn of Bernie" thread over on smacklette.hate :thumbup:

Them chillens be runnin thangs next.

cameraman
07-20-07, 12:19 PM

Somehow I doubt those two will be running anything.

Accipiter
07-20-07, 12:42 PM
Surely he has a will... :)

jono

Yeah, it states he's taking it with him.

eiregosod
07-20-07, 05:14 PM
he's trying to make his money now because no one will be loyal to his trust fund.

dando
07-20-07, 06:10 PM
Do you mean after I dance a jig? ;)

-Kevin

gjc2
07-20-07, 10:18 PM
Just a few weeks ago Ecclestone was talking about how unimportant the USGP was, but today during practice when Peter Windsor asked him how soon we could expect another US race he replied “as soon as possible”

I’m sure BMW, Mercedes Benz, Honda, Toyota, Ferrari, Bridgestone, Red Bull, ING, etc. had something to do with BE’s change of opinion about the need for a United States Grand Prix.

Jag_Warrior
07-21-07, 06:00 PM
http://www.smackforum.net/showthread.php?t=1208

Well, you can a;ways read "The Spawn of Bernie" thread over on smacklette.hate :thumbup:

Creepy odd. Makes one wonder if ol' Bernie didn't produce a luv bambina in Venezuela some years ago... who (for) now races in the IRL.

BTW, good to see that the grand Dunce was given life somewhere else, once the piano wire was put to his neck at T/F. :rolleyes:

STD
07-21-07, 06:15 PM
It will be fun watching the scavengers come out of the thickets before the body is even cold.
No repeat of the George family misfortune.

nissan gtp
07-21-07, 06:17 PM
when Bernard kicks, it's gonna be ugly.

RTKar
07-22-07, 09:53 AM
I had heard a while back ona tv broadcast that the holding companies of Bernies that essentially are F1 are in his wife's name (???).

Indy
07-22-07, 09:56 AM
The first thing I do is open a bottle of Champagne.

Jag_Warrior
07-22-07, 01:43 PM
I had heard a while back ona tv broadcast that the holding companies of Bernies that essentially are F1 are in his wife's name (???).

I doubt the DEA combined with the CIA could figure out the mezzanine structure of Bernie's empire of companies. The banks and hedge funds that get into bed with him every few years never seem to know (exactly) what it is they've bought into... and they've apparently done due diligence. :confused:

Whatever one might say about him, Ecclestone's genius is in separating (voting) control from ownership interests: SLEC and Bambino Holdings being the best examples I know of. SLEC was named after Slavica Ecclestone, but there would be no way to know what percentage of ownership she has, if any. Bambino Holdings is a trust he set up for his lil darlings years ago (I swear the chubby one must have had her nose done by the same doc that whacked up Milka Duno's nose - or Bernie is baby daddy of Milka?), and that entity seems to be the vehicle he most uses to play with other racing entities.

True enough, Bernie is a bastage by most accounts. But if I could attend a business seminar dealing with racing business men, if I could find one that included Ecclestone, Penske and the France Family, I would take time off from work to attend that one. With my luck, that one would be full, and I'd get the one featuring Andy Evans and Tony George. Other than Warren Buffet, seldom do hyper successful people have a reputation for being sweet, fair & cheery.