PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton 2007

G.
07-19-07, 05:51 PM
Might as well start a topic on this. Should be a great race.

As a side note, I cannot find a single "What was she thinking?" instance in this pic.

All very nice.:thumbup:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2007/By800/20070717P_0001.jpg

pchall
07-19-07, 07:40 PM
Needs more camel toe.

:cool:

Robstar
07-19-07, 08:39 PM
Canadian girls = very tidy :thumbup:

Kiwifan
07-19-07, 09:10 PM
Oi Aussie, put down what you are doing and walk outside and look up the street. :) Or maybe Sydney Girls aren't as hot as Goldy Girls? :)

Take care, Rusty.

PS, nice find G. :thumbup:

Spicoli
07-19-07, 09:19 PM
let's ge3t them drunk. :thumbup:

Robstar
07-19-07, 10:06 PM
I didn't say "ultra tidy" though... ;)

Methanolandbrats
07-19-07, 10:09 PM
let's ge3t them drunk. :thumbup: Get ME drunk so they look better :thumbup:

Warlock!
07-20-07, 07:52 AM
Nice selection, relatively speaking. Of course there's better out there, but I sure as Hell wouldn't say "no" a single time out of twenty. They might, but I wouldn't.

JT265
07-20-07, 08:34 AM
Needs more camel toe.

Indeed. :thumbup:

Spicoli
07-20-07, 09:56 AM
I'll takwe the bookends. :thumbup:

JohnHKart
07-20-07, 06:25 PM
And my mom wonders why her late brother stayed in Edmonton instead of So Cal. Sheesh.

John

G.
07-21-07, 12:36 PM
live webcam

here (http://www.canada.com/globaltv/globalshows/champcar/stickam.html)
At the track, not the girls. :p

OW
07-21-07, 01:12 PM
During RD video on Saturday Practice where Will lost his headrest on the track...(caused a red)...RD focused on the pit crew bicycling to get Will's HeadRest from the track man that got it off the track... kinda funny...but actually kinda ... informing of the reality that occurs....:D Maybe the drama was just that there was no announcers.

TravelGal
07-21-07, 02:20 PM
Given the snafu about Race Director times yesterday, I decided to check timeanddate.com to be SURE what time it is in Edmonton relative to what time it is in LA. Lo and behold, the entire top of the page is revolving flash advertisements for the Champ Car race. YIKES. Promotion!!!!!

Add: It's a pretty decent site also. Not only has the time clock but weather, sun, GMT, etc.

jonovision_man
07-21-07, 08:13 PM
I didn't see... what happened to Bourdais??? And Gommendy?

TKGAngel
07-21-07, 09:03 PM
No idea what happened to Bourdais, but here's what happened to Gommendy

""After making contact with the wall during Friday's qualifying, Tristan Gommendy complained of back pain and was sent to the hospital for precautionary x-rays and was released. Because of ongoing pain, he received a MRI this afternoon which shows edema of two thoracic vertebra which implies subtle bone injury. He will be unable to compete this weekend and will be reevaluated by Dr. Trammel this week in Indianapolis," said Chris Pinderski, Champ Car Director of Medical Affairs

Above quote from www.champcar.ws

David Phillips says Mario D or Andrew Ranger could potentially replace Gommendy.

dando
07-21-07, 10:28 PM
Go Go out for @ least two races:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=5&id=2944819

:(

Stoopid Mario. :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
07-21-07, 10:34 PM
Which one is Tiana? ;)

Speaking of which, she's been MIA for awhile now. :(

-Kevin

jonovision_man
07-21-07, 11:25 PM
David Phillips says Mario D or Andrew Ranger could potentially replace Gommendy.

Ranger! Ranger!!!! RAAAAANGEEEERRRR!!!!!! :thumbup:

Too bad about Gommendy, I was reading another article that said 40mph. I didn't see the accident, but really, you shouldn't be able to get injured in a race car at 40mph. But like I said, didn't see it so really can't squawk too much on it, seems unusual though.

jono

Rob
07-22-07, 12:17 AM
First PT at Long Beach, then Gommendy yesterday; two back injuries that should not have happened. There's a design flaw somewhere that needs to be examined and corrected.

Insomniac
07-22-07, 12:11 PM
First PT at Long Beach, then Gommendy yesterday; two back injuries that should not have happened. There's a design flaw somewhere that needs to be examined and corrected.

They addressed the issue in PT's crash. They said the mounting points of the restraints were not ideal. I'm sure they will investigate this and see what was the cause.

Insomniac
07-22-07, 05:48 PM
Not a very entertaining race. I thought there would be more passing given the course and DP01.

nrc
07-22-07, 05:58 PM
Not a very entertaining race. I thought there would be more passing given the course and DP01.It looked like it would be a battle until Bourdais pulled an extra two laps out on the fuel strategy. There was a fair amount of racing in the pack, but not as much passing as one would hope. I'm guessing the higher downforce made it possible to carry more speed in the fast corners which made venturing off line precarious.

Insomniac
07-22-07, 06:09 PM
It looked like it would be a battle until Bourdais pulled an extra two laps out on the fuel strategy. There was a fair amount of racing in the pack, but not as much passing as one would hope. I'm guessing the higher downforce made it possible to carry more speed in the fast corners which made venturing off line precarious.

Will Power falling out probably didn't help either. The race had such little action, even PT just drove in circles all day and finished 5th. ;)

Also, did KK say Gommendy had a fracture?

TKGAngel
07-22-07, 06:37 PM
Will Power falling out probably didn't help either. The race had such little action, even PT just drove in circles all day and finished 5th. ;)

Also, did KK say Gommendy had a fracture?

KK did say TG had a fracture. Speed also seems to confirm it.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/38888/

Insomniac
07-22-07, 06:48 PM
KK did say TG had a fracture. Speed also seems to confirm it.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/38888/

I doubt he'll be back next week then. One more week for Mario, or with more time will they find someone else?

Dr. Corkski
07-22-07, 08:43 PM
Panoz backbreaking POS crapwagon. :tony:

RHR_Fan
07-22-07, 10:43 PM

hater :gomer:

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 08:31 AM
Race was not bad, not as exciting as past Edmonton races.

My sister went (she lives there), not usually a race fan but she had a great time, called me raving about it. :) So next year I guess I'll have to get out there for it.

She said the crowds were huge, although not as big as the first year, but still lots and lots of people everywhere. Sounds promising. They interviewed the General Manager of the race on the Global broadcast, he seemed enthusiastic. This looks like it will be a race that's here for the long haul.

jono

Hard Driver
07-23-07, 11:11 AM

Hey, without prejudice, this does seem a bit worrisome. I mean neither back breaking wreck looked extreme, so what would happen in an extreme wreck? Could be a problem. How many broken backs have occured in past years, and this year we have 2 already.... :(

Seriously, if this happened in the IRL, we would be calling them crapwagons.. So I hope this is looked into seriously.

extramundane
07-23-07, 11:35 AM
Hey, without prejudice, this does seem a bit worrisome. I mean neither back breaking wreck looked extreme, so what would happen in an extreme wreck?

That's the thing, though- the IRL sleds have held up reasonably well during most of the "extreme" wrecks. Most of the injuries have come from the more innocuous-looking back-into-the-wall hits, not the flights into the grater. I didn't see Gommendy's hit- did it resemble PT's in that it shouldn't have been a big deal?

Now, ol' Donny P. doesn't seem terribly concerned about the cars bearing his name that race in his own series, so perhaps expecting him to care about cars built for another series is a bit much. :\

Wheel-Nut
07-23-07, 11:37 AM
Go Go out for @ least two races:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=5&id=2944819

:(

Stoopid Mario. :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

so stupid Mario was there to drive the 2 seater!! :eek: Holy Crap!! I think I would have to pass on that ride, even if I could afford to burn the cash.

TKGAngel
07-23-07, 12:23 PM
so stupid Mario was there to drive the 2 seater!! :eek: Holy Crap!! I think I would have to pass on that ride, even if I could afford to burn the cash.

I don't know if he was doing 2-seater duty, but Mario D. was in Cleveland as well, shaking hands and kissing babies.

On a related note, Champcar has pics of Mario A taking PLN out in the two-seater.

Andrew Longman
07-23-07, 01:25 PM
I didn't see Gommendy's hit- did it resemble PT's in that it shouldn't have been a big deal?

About a 40 mph hit straight into the wall following a spin that scrubbed off speed.

I wouldn't expect a broken back from such a hit.

Tracy's back was traced to how/where his belts were attached. Do I hope that Gommies back wasn't for the same reason (why wasn't it fixed?), or do I hope there isn't a new problem?

G.
07-23-07, 02:05 PM
Apparently, the seatbelts allowed your pelvis to slip forward. When PT popped up, his L seating postion became a J (uh, I'm trying here.:gomer: ). The short drop made his fracture.

Gommendy? I don't know, but I thought that the teams ALL moved the belts back, giving the cars that great attribute of cheap hotels - no ballroom.

Not good at ALL if the cars are dangerous. Not at ALL.

Racing - it seemed to me that there was a lot of passing, just not up front and not on TV. Watching the crawl, it would seem so anyway, and NO - I am NOT talking about the funny screwups that kept happening on the crawl.

Anybody else catch that? (a couple of times they screwed up the order bad.)

KLang
07-23-07, 03:51 PM
Watching the crawl, it would seem so anyway, and NO - I am NOT talking about the funny screwups that kept happening on the crawl.

Anybody else catch that? (a couple of times they screwed up the order bad.)

Yep, looked like the software was attempting to update in real time as the crawl was going but it sometimes lost track of where 1st place was. I quit paying attention to it for the most part.

I thought the race was OK. Pretty clean for a change. Power seemed to hose up the start. Was it really because of the painted number on the runway?

NismoZ
07-23-07, 04:14 PM
Hearing a 3-day 167,000...but only a few hundred more on Sun. than Sat. (60+k) Still quite a bit more than MO (heard 21k sold) and all paying spectators but there sure were a lot of empty seats. Perhaps fewer stands next time?

Wheel-Nut
07-23-07, 04:43 PM
Mario Andretti driving, Paul Newman passenger!

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2007/By800/20070722P_0071.jpg

Wheel-Nut
07-23-07, 04:47 PM
Hey Bobby, your team is in Ohio. . . . :laugh:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2007/By400/20070522P_0004.jpg

pferrf1
07-23-07, 04:51 PM
I hope they don't fall in the CCWS promoter trap of reducing stands.

I think that with Rexall around next year (IIRC they're signed for next year) they will have a stronger promotion push. Plus, there'll be less competition for the sports $$$ - there were 9 games of hte FIFA U-20 held in Edmonton including a quarter final and semi final. Same deal for Toronto & Montreal.

FYI -

Toronto held 12 matches
Montreal held 9 matches

Insomniac
07-23-07, 04:57 PM
Yep, looked like the software was attempting to update in real time as the crawl was going but it sometimes lost track of where 1st place was. I quit paying attention to it for the most part.

I thought the race was OK. Pretty clean for a change. Power seemed to hose up the start. Was it really because of the painted number on the runway?

I thought it was simply because Bourdais just went straight and Power drifted one way and then back.

Accipiter
07-23-07, 05:22 PM

Both of them.

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 05:30 PM
Plus, there'll be less competition for the sports $$$ - there were 9 games of hte FIFA U-20 held in Edmonton including a quarter final and semi final. Same deal for Toronto & Montreal.

FYI -

Toronto held 12 matches
Montreal held 9 matches

There was nobody at the games in Edmonton... that really didn't have an impact.

jono

Spicoli
07-23-07, 06:51 PM

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2007/By400/20070522P_0004.jpg

and he wonders why people hate him. :shakehead where's your team you traitorous, opportunistic money-grubbing ammoral sucktard? he'd steal a dime from his dead mama.

:hate rahole:

:flame:

TKGAngel
07-23-07, 06:56 PM
and he wonders why people hate him. :shakehead where's your team you traitorous, opportunistic money-grubbing ammoral sucktard? he'd steal a dime from his dead mama.

Gee, Spicoli. Tell us what you really think. No need to sugarcoat. ;)

I don't have a problem with Rahal supporting his son, but Rahal Sr's treading a very thin line between do as I say, not as I do.

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 07:01 PM

His team was at Mid-Ohio, his son was in Edmonton, he chose his family.

What a jerk. :rolleyes: :p

jono

TKGAngel
07-23-07, 07:18 PM
His team was at Mid-Ohio, his son was in Edmonton, he chose his family.

What a jerk. :rolleyes: :p

jono

IIRC, didn't the Rahals get divorced? I wonder if there was something in the final paperwork that says that Bobby must be at the track when Graham is racing?

dando
07-23-07, 07:40 PM

Hate him if you must, but @ least he had the good sense to put his son in a proper racing series unlike FMA, who is presently watching the ruination of Marco. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

Spicoli
07-23-07, 07:43 PM
IIRC, didn't the Rahals get divorced? I wonder if there was something in the final paperwork that says that Bobby must be at the track when Graham is racing?

oh please. only an idiot would sign something that........nevermind.

listen: booby is a complete butthead. You know it, and so does everyone else here. We all know team owners are a strange breed, but this guy is a boob of epic proportions. yeah, its his kid, yeah he *cares* but rest assured he's looking for some way to make this N/H/L/R or some such creation.:thumdown:

rockin on someone else's dime is this guy's MO.

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 07:45 PM
Why "rock" on your own dime? :)

jono

Spicoli
07-23-07, 07:50 PM
Why "rock" on your own dime? :)

jono

PLN does. Unka Gerry does. KK does.

Show me one sponsor that Rahole has brought in. Also, please tell the class how good Rahole was at CEO of CART. And this famous line: "Judge me on the R3":laugh:

There isn't a more opportunistic turncoat in motorsports. And yes, that includes Mikey. At least Mikey never looked back and admitted he was Homoco's beyotch. Rahole is the worst of the worst. :yuck:

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 07:53 PM
I'm not saying he's a competent businessman... :)

But he's running one more race team than I am, and if he's "rocking" it on someone else's dime then he's got something figured out that the rest of us don't. :p

I don't mind the guy. A little like Ross on Friends.

jono

Spicoli
07-23-07, 07:59 PM
I'm not saying he's a competent businessman... :)

But he's running one more race team than I am, and if he's "rocking" it on someone else's dime then he's got something figured out that the rest of us don't. :p

I don't mind the guy. A little like Ross on Friends.

jono

well, i guess we have different expectations of "business people" and "friends".

http://www.abfnet.com/forum/images/smilies/blow.gif

jonovision_man
07-23-07, 08:42 PM
I expect business people to run their race teams using money from other people (ie. sponsors).

I expect hobbyists to do it from their own pockets. :p

jono

Indy
07-23-07, 10:27 PM
Bobby has done more for this ****ing series than anyone. He told me so.

Spicoli
07-24-07, 12:44 AM

That was funny. You'll have to share that one with the rest of the class. you made him mad. :rofl:

Indy
07-24-07, 01:11 AM
That was funny. You'll have to share that one with the rest of the class. you made him mad. :rofl:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11794&highlight=Rahal

Siebkens in 2 1/2 weeks. I expect trouble. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
07-24-07, 10:17 AM
So, that was a year ago, and I still can't think of a single ****ing thing he has done for the series. :shakehead

DagoFast
07-24-07, 04:47 PM
So, that was a year ago, and I still can't think of a single ****ing thing he has done for the series. :shakehead

He left. ;)

What more could you ask?