PDA

View Full Version : Short Staffed at Coyne?

TedN
07-14-07, 09:55 AM
... Three marshals arrived at the circuit last Friday to be flaggers. They wound up working on Catherine Legge's pit crew because Dale Coyne Racing doesn't have enough people.
Link (http://www.wheels.ca/article/29915)

Are things that bad at Coyne or was this just an isolated incident? Anyone have any insight?

Ted

Insomniac
07-14-07, 10:04 AM

Are things that bad at Coyne or was this just an isolated incident? Anyone have any insight?

Ted

That's rough, but since KL isn't going to be winning any races even if her pit stops take 1-2s less time, seems economical. :)

TravelGal
07-14-07, 12:47 PM
I half don't care because it was such a relief to read such a positive article. Where is this guy and how do we send him flowers? (Eric Jensen also).

extramundane
07-14-07, 01:06 PM
I half don't care because it was such a relief to read such a positive article. Where is this guy and how do we send him flowers? (Eric Jensen also).

Just hold a hospitality event and you can bet Jensen will show up.

Sir_Robert_Peel
07-14-07, 10:20 PM
Just hold a hospitality event and you can bet Jensen will show up.

If they let you in, wouldn't you go too. Never hurts to network!

pchall
07-14-07, 10:35 PM

Ted

DCR has always been short on staff. For years they didn't even have an engineer.

TorontoWorker
07-14-07, 11:13 PM
They just didn't "show up" and were told that they would be working for DCR.

What a bunch of BS.

1. They knew in advance.
2. Everyone was asked ahead of time if anyone was interested. I like blue flagging so I turned them down.
3. No one was "told" to do anything.
4. Of the three reported (wrong number) - one wasn't working a corner on the Sunday when needed as he was out of a job after the Fri and Sat as he is "timeline" and timeline postion isn't needed for race day.
5. The second of the three was working pass control that weekend instead of working a corner, (he does this every year for only our home race and marshals at all other CCW races) He had everything running well for pass control (he's a section leader) and felt it was a neat once in a life time deal that he would like to do.
6. The third person was from a crew of 6 who could be spared and also loved the idea of working with a race team.
7. A Hole can't even get the numbers right - there were FOUR corner workers asked and he was one of four who had worked for them at St.Jovite the week before and loved it.
8. All but the pass control person worked two out of three days on corners flagging.
9. All were treated as team members and got free stuff and a great lunch. One commented to me that how many times in your life will I ever get the chance to polish a DP01 and help the team move it around.
10. One of them has a deep crush on Kat... :) (No worries - he's married with kids!)
11. Ever hear of American passport screw up's?
12. The commie Toronto Star can suck my ****

extramundane
07-14-07, 11:28 PM
If they let you in, wouldn't you go too. Never hurts to network!

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

TravelGal
07-15-07, 12:48 AM
TW, just to clarify, I meant all the article but the bit about the Coyne crew. That was obviously hogwash. Props for the list of reasons why.

Thank you Groucho. :D