19 Duno resting....

pchall
07-14-07, 07:37 PM
Rain delay.

pchall
07-15-07, 11:52 AM
News for the bored:

IRL on hold with Phoenix

IRL officials confirmed that returning to Phoenix International Raceway in 2008 is being discussed, although a deal seems unlikely. Talks with International Speedway Corp., which owns the track, started with Homestead-Miami Speedway (another ISC-owned track) wanting its season-opening race earlier in March. To do that, the IRL needs a warm-weather venue to occupy a spot at the end of March.

Brian Barnhart, the league's president of racing and competition, wants to see Indy cars racing at Phoenix, but he said returning to the region means facing the same crowded spring sports market that helped doom the 2005 event, the last for the IRL at the track.

"The challenges we left behind remain," he said.

Yup. Your product still sucks.

BTW, local radar suggests scattered shower activity in the Nashville area with some heavy precipitation to the southwest.

Andrew Longman
07-15-07, 12:20 PM
returning to the region means facing the same crowded spring sports market that helped doom the 2005 event

So that was the reason. And that's why they are racing in Iowa, Richmond, Nashville, 65 miles from Chicago, Watkins Glen, etc.

pchall
07-15-07, 02:56 PM
Nashville Final Futility

1 Scott Dixon

3 Patrick -3.18

9 Manning -1 lap

12 Foyt IV -2 laps

14 Carpenter -3 laps

15 Fisher -6 laps.

No clue what happened, not that it matters, since everybody appears to have been their usual mediocre selves.

Wheel-Nut
07-15-07, 09:36 PM
Danican't was complaining that the lapped cars would not move over during the last re-start with 5 to go. :cry: :cry: She should learn to drive around them.

SurfaceUnits
07-15-07, 09:51 PM
There will only be 7 cars starting the rest of the races because danicant is going to have the wankers parked

“You need to let the people at the front have their race,” Patrick said. “That’s what held me up the most. Carpenter was not cooperating, and we’ll address that. There’s no doubt about it.”

Methanolandbrats
07-15-07, 11:23 PM
“You need to let the people at the front have their race,” Patrick said. “That’s what held me up the most. Carpenter was not cooperating, and we’ll address that. There’s no doubt about it.”

Is there anybody left in the IRL paddock that does'nt say "here comes that bitch"....................... I doubt it :)

cart7
07-16-07, 07:10 AM
It's always those pesky cars in front of her that stop the Danica express from the eventual racing fame and fortune she so richly deserves.

pchall
07-16-07, 07:31 AM
Danican't was complaining that the lapped cars would not move over during the last re-start with 5 to go. :cry: :cry: She should learn to drive around them.

On a track like Nashville the only real way around is on the outside, and Princess Permapout isn't going to try that -- let alone go inside and risk the car in front coming down on her. Remember how scared she looked at Richmond in a three wide pack?

Insomniac
07-16-07, 08:10 AM
The blue flag should be eliminated from motor racing. If you can't get by lapped traffic, it's your problem.

TKGAngel
07-16-07, 09:02 AM
If league rules don't force the lapped traffic to move over on restarts, then Danica shouldn't be complaining that the lapped traffic wouldn't move over. And besides, Dario was in the exact same situation as she was in, and you don't hear him complaining about it.

Speaking of Dario, RM said on SpeedNews last night that Dario and Kanaan are the leading candidates to replace Hornish at Penske when he goes to NASCAR.

Don Quixote
07-16-07, 10:48 AM
In my mind, this is her second win. Dixon gets an asterisk next to his name on this one because the princess was held up by lapped traffic. :)

Wheel-Nut
07-16-07, 10:53 AM
I thought she was going to start crying during the post race interview. :laugh:

NismoZ
07-16-07, 11:33 AM
She's right. In this modern age of made for TV racing if the race goes green within the final ten laps all cars 1 or more laps down restart at the end of the line. Before then it's pass 'em if you can. The League will likely adopt a rule similar to that soon. I could understand her frustration very clearly. It wasn't just her. You saw what happened to Kanaan when he tried a high side pass on the slowest car on the track. You saw Marco lose 2 spots trying the same thing. Crappy track (conditions) crappy cars, crappy race. Some of those drivers aren't so crappy but it sure looked that way.

cameraman
07-16-07, 11:34 AM
And besides, Dario was in the exact same situation as she was in, and you don't hear him complaining about it.

Not so much, I saw an interview with Dario where he was complaining mightily about the backmarkers screwing up his race. From what I saw on the news it was a sad excuse for a race:shakehead

Methanolandbrats
07-16-07, 11:53 AM
She's right. In this modern age of made for TV racing if the race goes green within the final ten laps all cars 1 or more laps down restart at the end of the line. Before then it's pass 'em if you can. The League will likely adopt a rule similar to that soon. I could understand her frustration very clearly. It wasn't just her. You saw what happened to Kanaan when he tried a high side pass on the slowest car on the track. You saw Marco lose 2 spots trying the same thing. Crappy track (conditions) crappy cars, crappy race. Some of those drivers aren't so crappy but it sure looked that way.
No, I did'nt see any of that :D