1. Castroneves 136.021

9. Manning 132.222

15 Patrick 130.809
16 Foyt IV 130.518
17 Carpenter 129.033 :tony:
18 Fisher no speed

SurfaceUnits
07-07-07, 05:40 PM
The technical reason given for dnfisher's no qualification attempt is: "to prevent further League embarrassment..."

she was 9mph off yesterday

special ed is 7mph and 4.5sec off

DagoFast
07-07-07, 06:30 PM
The technical reason given for dnfisher's no qualification attempt is: "to prevent further League embarrassment..."

she was 9mph off yesterday

special ed is 7mph and 4.5sec off

What would they use for their "technical reason" if Milka was there?

diamond dave
07-07-07, 07:18 PM
milka issued a press release that states (reading between the lines)
"I suck! and will not attempt to qualify this weekend. Bring on the ovals!:laugh:

Tony George
07-08-07, 12:09 AM
Was Danicant saving fuel during qualifying to prepare for her future F1 career? :tony: :gomer: :tony:

devilmaster
07-08-07, 05:36 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:laugh:

TKGAngel
07-08-07, 05:41 PM
I don't know what's funnier: Sam's dad getting his arse kicked, or Marco pulling Mikey out of the fray. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

devilmaster
07-08-07, 05:44 PM
it was a boring follow the leader snore-fest. They've mandated out the fuel knob to stop fuel conservation runs, so all that's left is to mandate mandatory pit windows and then the cycle will be complete.

the most exciting thing was the mini-shovefest.

devilmaster
07-08-07, 05:48 PM
so sam's dad and [edit]some other guy? :laugh:

ban both their asses. :D

* - was not danica's dad.

pchall
07-08-07, 05:53 PM
The Suckage and Futility Results

1. Dixon

9. Manning - 0:47

11 Patrick - 0:57
12 Carpenter - 1:06
15 Foyt IV - 1:25

16 Fisher - 2 laps

Sean O'Gorman
07-08-07, 06:18 PM
I think the best part is when you come to the realization that the racers had long walked away from the fight and you are watching a slugfest between a crew member and Tony Kanaan's boyfriend. :laugh:

cart7
07-08-07, 06:33 PM
* - was not danica's dad.

They've got him on one of those dog runners strung between the transporters.

Wheel-Nut
07-09-07, 11:35 AM
They should have taken their helmets off. What the hell was Mikey trying to do? Nice to see Marco push his dad around!! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaINqU-R4PQ

TKGAngel
07-09-07, 01:31 PM
Don't forget the special guest appearance of Sandy Andretti with her circa 1980s checkered flag jacket.

Methanolandbrats
07-09-07, 01:55 PM
Tempers sure are flaring in paradise. Only a matter of time till there is a huge bitch slapping, purse swinging, hair pulling dust up involving several teams and at least three genders.

EVL29
07-09-07, 02:31 PM
They should have taken their helmets off. What the hell was Mikey trying to do? Nice to see Marco push his dad around!! :p

Sham just preppin' for Nascar.

KLang
07-09-07, 02:55 PM

Too funny. :laugh:

So who was it that had Sham's father pinned to the ground?

Wheel-Nut
07-09-07, 03:20 PM
Here is a better video of the post race "celebration."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMHhmDy6kA&mode=related&search=

Methanolandbrats
07-09-07, 03:28 PM
Too funny. :laugh:

So who was it that had Sham's father pinned to the ground?Tony Kaanan's Lover. Chivalry is not dead.

Gnam
07-09-07, 04:03 PM
:D Awesome!

I would not pay money to attend an IRL race; you couldn't pay me to watch one on TV; but, I'd gladly wait in line to pay for a ticket to see IRL drivers, family members, and various series personalities punch each other out.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/281/fightee5.gif

dando
07-09-07, 04:21 PM
Meh, just another example of the EARL copying CCWS. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
07-09-07, 04:36 PM
Crap. I missed a good ole' fashioned slap fight.

Don Quixote
07-09-07, 04:38 PM
Only a matter of time till there is a huge bitch slapping, purse swinging, hair pulling dust up involving several teams and at least three genders.
I think there may be four genders involved:
(1) man
(2) woman
(3) man-woman
(4) drag queen

SteveH
07-09-07, 05:12 PM
I think there may be four genders involved:
(1) man
(2) woman
(3) man-woman
(4) drag queen

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

pchall
07-09-07, 07:15 PM
Meh, just another example of the EARL copying CCWS. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Tracy and Tagliani had a lot better reason to go after each other. That was just a cat fight over a bit of rubbin'.* ** ***

* The IRL -- not making drivers NASCAR ready since 1996.

** No, not that kind of rubbin'!!!

*** Well, maybe it was. :confused:

Andrew Longman
07-10-07, 01:44 PM
Wierd.

The dude that went after Sam's dad is some gold chain wearing goomba Lehigh Valley hanger on friend of the family. Sam's dad created the whole situation when he didn't let the boys settle it themselves. It onlyu prompted others, Micky included, to feel the need to dive in.

Marco definitely was in his dad's face with a serious WTF are you thinking gesture.

Dixon must have done some serious driving when Marco pits out of P1 with a big lead and then doesn't cycle back to anywhere near P1 or did I get that wrong?

And HCN makes a serious unforced error at T11 and whallops the wall. I expect better from him.

Wheel-Nut
07-10-07, 02:00 PM
The dude that went after Sam's dad is some gold chain wearing goomba Lehigh Valley hanger on friend of the family.

Found this on another board. :laugh:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=60093673

And HCN makes a serious unforced error at T11 and whallops the wall. I expect better from him.

We all know the only reason he is in that seat. :(

Don Quixote
07-10-07, 02:22 PM

Is this the guy that went all slap fight on Hornish Sr?

Methanolandbrats
07-10-07, 02:29 PM
What a tard, figures he hangs with Mikey.

dando
07-10-07, 02:55 PM

Looks like Longman's kinfolk. :D :p

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
07-10-07, 03:05 PM

That's the story over at TF.

Don Quixote
07-10-07, 03:09 PM
Doesn't get much better than being a MA groupie. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
07-10-07, 03:43 PM
Looks like Longman's kinfolk. :D :p

-Kevin

Yo, Yo, Yo.

My Mom's maiden name ends in a vowel, but the Andretti's live on the other side of the river. Check out a Walmart over there sometime. Scary.(apologies to Elmo ;) )

Andrew Longman
07-10-07, 03:46 PM

Is that a reference to #99?

There's another reason he is still in it. HCN has always had talent and has become a sponsor favorite/ And I don't recall unforced errors by him before.

Elmo T
07-10-07, 03:57 PM
Yo, Yo, Yo.

the other side of the river. Check out a Walmart over there sometime. Scary.(apologies to Elmo ;) )

Hey now... Hunterdon County vs. Lehigh County sounds like a draw to me. I sit comfortably between Nazareth/Allentown and Philly. ;) No Walmarts in Doylestown.

Which is worse - the coverage this has already received or how it will be portrayed at the next race? :shakehead

FWIW, it seems Marco may be the only sane one of the bunch there.

Wheel-Nut
07-10-07, 04:13 PM
Is that a reference to #99?

. . . . . .

Yes.

Andrew Longman
07-10-07, 04:14 PM
Hey now... Hunterdon County vs. Lehigh County sounds like a draw to me. I sit comfortably between Nazareth/Allentown and Philly. ;) No Walmarts in Doylestown.

Which is worse - the coverage this has already received or how it will be portrayed at the next race? :shakehead

FWIW, it seems Marco may be the only sane one of the bunch there.

Warren county maybe. Hunterdon county ranks either #1 or 2 in the nation (depending on the year) for per household income. But they broke ground for the county's second Walmart the other day... At the old Flemington Speedway. :yuck:

As you know Nazareth is actually a charming little town but the ABE corridor can produce a few scary types. I does seem that Marco inherited more from grandpa than dad.

TKGAngel
07-10-07, 06:45 PM
Penalties announced today.

Kanaan and Hornish each fined undisclosed amount and placed on probation until 12/31/07.
Penske and AGR fined $25,000 each.
Sam Hornish the elder suspended from pit road for one race and on probation until 12/31/07.
The friend of AGR had his credentials revoked and re-application privileges suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2932156

cart7
07-10-07, 07:16 PM
On his myspace page....

"I STALK THE ANDRETTIS"

yeewww.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-10-07, 07:59 PM
I don't like Hornish, but you don't go after his old man. That said, Sam's old man shouldn't try and play Mike Tyson, 'cause he 'aint.

JohnHKart
07-11-07, 02:58 AM
The usual suspects demonstrating their usual Futility:

1. Castroneves 136.021

9. Manning 132.222

15 Patrick 130.809
16 Foyt IV 130.518
17 Carpenter 129.033 :tony:
18 Fisher no speed

Well damn, I just finished the race an hour ago on my DVR , and as soon as the flag dropped I erased it....I had no idea of the fun to come, just thought it would be the usual post race "our guys did a great job, this feels good, thanks to Target..bla bla bla." So before the dribble I mean drivel, I just hit erase. And one more, what is the deal with "lets go ride around the track onboard" then proceeding to cover up half the screen with telementry, therefore ruining the lap for viewers. Ludicrous. Thanks ABC. Thankfully August 2 I'm going to the old Nurburgring to drive, looking out my rented Golf's windshield without your BS cluttering up the scenery.

John

KLang
07-11-07, 06:49 AM
Penalties announced today.

Kanaan and Hornish each fined undisclosed amount and placed on probation until 12/31/07.
Penske and AGR fined $25,000 each.
Sam Hornish the elder suspended from pit road for one race and on probation until 12/31/07.
The friend of AGR had his credentials revoked and re-application privileges suspended.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2932156

That's dumb. The Elder started the whole thing and got the least punishment.

I wonder if they are allowed to appeal? ;)

Insomniac
07-11-07, 07:41 AM

Probably. They'll take a month to review it, admit they were wrong and then say the decision is final. :)

Andrew Longman
07-11-07, 09:28 AM

Oh that's funny.

I guess it will depend on when you ask. Or they'll say you can appeal but it doesn't mean the decision can be changed.

The Andretti friend got the worst of it. What does he have in his life now that he can't hang in the pits? He'll just have to hang at the Walgreens in Nazareth.

manic mechanic
07-13-07, 01:34 AM
Note to Cornish's old man:

Dude, if you are gonna go after a guy like that, wait until his helmet is off, then SUCKERPUNCH the Mfer! Giving him a shove won't deliver the point.

If you get his nose, then maybe he will get a better one courtesy of his insurance (and lord knows, he needs one!!!) :rofl: :rofl:

In short, I have seen altercations break out after a sporting event, but NEVER from a snore-fest like this!

Maybe Sammy's dad woke up at the wrong time(s)... :laugh:

Makes me glad I never tuned in to the crapfest... I had better things to do.

manic