PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Kiwis!

Kiwifan
07-05-07, 07:55 PM
Didn't see this one coming. :)

http://www.indy.com.au/news/articleid/189/index.htm

Rusty.

Jag_Warrior
07-05-07, 10:36 PM
:thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

dando
07-06-07, 09:43 AM
Didn't see this one coming. :)

http://www.indy.com.au/news/articleid/189/index.htm

Rusty.

And here I thought y'all were finally going to get some TeeVee coverage, so y'all could watch something instead of buggering the sheep. ;) :D

Good news. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Kiwifan
07-06-07, 05:10 PM
Lol, to be honest you'd be hard pressed to find a sheep these days as most of our farmers have moved over to Dairying. I think in the last 15 years the flock has dropped by more than half but I'm picking given your interest, you'd know that. :)

N'ah, still no TV but I have someone who knows someone on the inside who is going to get back to me soon. I can't wait. Lol.

These days when I'm feeling a bit down I just chuck Superspeedway in the DVD and get high on that. Then I get angry when I wake up to the fact we had it so good until greed stepped in. :flame:

Take care sport,

Rusty.

Ronbo
07-07-07, 03:02 AM
Lol, to be honest you'd be hard pressed to find a sheep these days as most of our farmers have moved over to Dairying. I think in the last 15 years the flock has dropped by more than half but I'm picking given your interest, you'd know that. :)

N'ah, still no TV but I have someone who knows someone on the inside who is going to get back to me soon. I can't wait. Lol.

These days when I'm feeling a bit down I just chuck Superspeedway in the DVD and get high on that. Then I get angry when I wake up to the fact we had it so good until greed stepped in. :flame:

Take care sport,

Rusty.

Don't let the nay-sayers wear you down!!

Keep the Faith and can I stay at your house????? (KIdding)

Enjoy the Aussie swing for CC and i hope that you get your connections sorted out SOON!!!:)

Kiwifan
07-07-07, 04:30 AM
Thanks mate! Just paid for the accommodation today so it's all good to go. :)

Can't wait,,,,,,, ;)

Rusty.

nz_climber
07-08-07, 03:28 AM
yeah i just read about halliday in the latest racer mag.. (free nz mag mainly for speedway folk - always laying around at auto parts shops like repco etc ).. nice work on the booking the holiday,

I am in saving mode at the moment, going to sell my chevron and work on building a car from http://www.mcgregormotorsport.co.nz/

:)

Kiwifan
07-08-07, 04:16 AM
I thought you were off saving the World from themselves? :) :)

Take care buddy and good luck with the car. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Cam
07-08-07, 07:33 AM
yeah i just read about halliday in the latest racer mag.. (free nz mag mainly for speedway folk - always laying around at auto parts shops like repco etc ).. nice work on the booking the holiday,

I am in saving mode at the moment, going to sell my chevron and work on building a car from http://www.mcgregormotorsport.co.nz/

:)

Prang the old one (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10415) already Aaron?!?! :p

Shadow
07-08-07, 01:40 PM

Take care sport,

Rusty.

When we were over in 04 and dropped by your fine establishment we were surprised at the quantity of deer being raised for meat. Is that still the case?

Shadow

Kiwifan
07-08-07, 02:21 PM
Yep, still a huge industry. I remember that day mate, nothing has changed. Still running around like a one armed paper hanger. :)

Where have you been lately??

Rusty.

Shadow
07-09-07, 08:42 PM
Yep, still a huge industry. I remember that day mate, nothing has changed. Still running around like a one armed paper hanger. :)

Where have you been lately??

Rusty.
Have been spending a lot of time on motorhome forums. On our fourth now - hopefully our last. Went from a 41 ft diesel pusher to a 32.5 ft Class C with the bed over cab. Making much more use of the smaller unit as we've been to Michigan twice to watch our son race in SCCA D Sports Racing.

We were hoping to get over for another visit next Feb to April but our No 2 son and his wife are expecting at the end of Feb so we will be staying fairly close to home (well, within 1200 miles). So we may be in NZ the following year. DW (in RV lingo that means Dear Wife) would like to do both Milford and Doubtful again. Also have to see the Barrier Reef since we ended up with 3 days of bad weather in our Townville to Cairns cruise last trip (12 foot waves at one point).

Shadow
ps. You can see the downsizing we did here. We had to get a hefty C Class to tow the 6,000 lb Tahoe. We'd love to have this unit in NZ and AU for a year (dream on DW says). Our son just loves the bed over the cab as it is like a room of his own.

http://www.40plq.photos.us.com/c1287483.html

Kiwifan
07-09-07, 09:35 PM
Cool! Nice pics. :thumbup:

Ya know where to find me, the coffee is hot and on the house but my time might be a bit short if we are busy. :) Actually the coffee is not hot today, the bloody pipes have frozen, again. Lol. Make sure you come in the summer or after lunch in the winter after things have thawed out. :)

Rusty.

Shadow
07-10-07, 06:28 PM
Cool! Nice pics. :thumbup:

Ya know where to find me, the coffee is hot and on the house but my time might be a bit short if we are busy. :) Actually the coffee is not hot today, the bloody pipes have frozen, again. Lol. Make sure you come in the summer or after lunch in the winter after things have thawed out. :)

Rusty.

Interesting weather. DW (that is Dear Wife in RV lingo) just pointed out during the weather report when they did international locations that Wellington was only 9 deg C. No question, we'll be over in February and no later. :)

Shadow

nz_climber
07-14-07, 10:48 PM
don't worry cam - haven't crashed the old one, still good and up for sale if you are interested.. after owning it thou there are alot of things i would have done different, and looking forward to the challenge of building my own one (of course it will have more power too)

G.
07-16-07, 01:46 PM
Can't find the posts about Oz TV coverage, but they gets it now!

The old adage "better late than never" is hardly consoling to the Australian champ car fan base who have been without any coverage of the 2007 Champ Car season, which included Aussie Will Power's first & second Champ Car wins. Never the less, with half the season remaining, fan's down under will finally be able to get up to speed with the series and their home town hero prior to the series arrival in Surfer's Paradise in October.

Seven Network announced today it has taken up the broadcast rights for the remainder of the 2007 Champ Car season, beginning this coming weekend with the Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton. Seven will schedule full race coverage of each round late Monday night – early Tuesday morning.

Team Australia co-owner and fellow Australian, Craig Gore, was pivotal in the negotiations to broker the deal for Aussie motorsport fans.

“I’m just thankful that Australian audiences will be able to share in the successes of Team Australia’s home grown strike weapon Will Power in the lead up to Indy,” said Gore.

I'm starting to like this site (http://www.champcarworld.net/pages/news.php?id=3787)

So is Seven Network any good for you guys? Everybody get it?

emjaya
07-16-07, 04:51 PM
It's good for us on the East. :)

Not sure about the wild west.

TravelGal
07-20-07, 02:01 AM
I'm starting to like this site (http://www.champcarworld.net/pages/news.php?id=3787)

Hmmm, what's not to like on a site that has Tracy's car in front of Bourdais? :D