PDA

View Full Version : What Is Wrong With People?

Insomniac
07-03-07, 06:27 PM
As stabbing victim LaShanda Calloway lay bleeding on the floor of a convenience store at 25th North and Hillside, no fewer than five store patrons stepped over her to complete purchases -- and at least one took cell phone pictures of her -- before bothering to call 911, police said.

Police have been told that some of those photos landed on the Internet.

"It's on the video," said Wichita Police Chief Norman Williams. "She laid on the floor while people continued to do their shopping. They're taking photographs. That's our frustration. They didn't call immediately. If people would have been calling us, who knows what the outcome might have been."

Calloway, who was stabbed after an altercation June 23, eventually died at a hospital from her injuries.

Yet Calloway lost approximately two precious minutes while patrons strangely ignored her, according to Wichita police spokesman Gordon Bassham.

"This is one of the most disgusting examples of disregard for life I've ever seen," Bassham said of the video. "It is a very, very tragic video to watch. It was revolting to see this lack of humanity."

The video showed the 27-year-old Calloway struggling to her feet and collapsing three times without anyone helping her.

http://www.kansas.com/201/story/112757.html

I live pretty close to Wichita and I'm personally disgusted by this. It could've been anyone laying on that floor dying. :flame:

rabbit
07-03-07, 06:50 PM
They stepped over her!?!? That's worse than the Kitty Genovese murder - if that's even possible... :shakehead

Indy
07-03-07, 08:21 PM
Experience has taught me that the world is full of sociopaths. Given a hypothetical situation where a person could kill you with no possible consequence to himself and be rewarded $100, most would take the money.

These people have learned that helping someone is messy and potentially dangerous, so they prefer the payoff of privacy and lack of commitment to saving a life. Pathetic.

Sean O'Gorman
07-03-07, 08:51 PM
What was the store clerk doing?

Insomniac
07-03-07, 10:25 PM
What was the store clerk doing?

They said s/he did not know about it. S/he has since quit the job. This story may go national soon. The number of articles on Google News has been steadily climbing.

G.
07-03-07, 11:16 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19586738/
found a link my own damn lazy self.