PDA

View Full Version : IMS revenues must really be down...

pchall
05-05-03, 10:22 PM
Snooping around at another forum I saw a couple a posts about $10 increases in overall ticket prices for the late, great Indy 500 in 2004.

It's not like they can command primo prices for a world class hard-to-get ticket event these days, so they seem to be sticking it to the dwindling base of event fans and loyalists.

cart7
05-06-03, 09:23 AM
Back in the days when the 500 meant something, we wouldn't bother with 03 tickets now because the race would've been sold out after last years race, now they're still trying to hawk tickets for this year and there's still no info on next years tickets on the web-site.

JLMannin
05-06-03, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Back in the days when the 500 meant something, we wouldn't bother with 03 tickets now because the race would've been sold out after last years race, now they're still trying to hawk tickets for this year and there's still no info on next years tickets on the web-site.

They may still be working out the details of what weekend the IRL race at Indy will be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

racer2c
05-06-03, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
They may still be working out the details of what weekend the IRL race at Indy will be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Or working out details of the 400/500 ticket packages.

Spicoli
05-06-03, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Or working out details of the 400/500 ticket packages.

You're exaclty right. They ARE desparate. You'll have to buy tickets to all 3.

This year again, if you buy 4 USGP tickets from imstix.com, lucky you can wait in line in your Volvo and drive 20 mph through the "F1-Road Course"...

WOW!:eek:

Hot Rod Otis
05-06-03, 06:31 PM
Yet another example of the genius that is Tony George. Demand for tickets is at its lowest point in the last 40 years, and he RAISES ticket prices. Yeah Anton, that'll increase your attendance next year.

Spicoli
05-07-03, 11:49 AM
Perhaps he is trying to up-scaple the event. You know, get those well off guys in there that lust after Sarah....:saywhat:

pchall
05-07-03, 12:30 PM
Now somebody at another site is complaining that there is an eight buck "processing fee" for each order...

:rofl:

You've got to love moments like this when the lemmings are admitting they are being screwed and not enjoying it.

pchall
05-07-03, 09:18 PM
here is the link:

http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=026349

cart7
05-07-03, 10:39 PM
It looks like Tony is anticipating continued decreases in attendance and is going to offset it with making more money with fewer tickets. I'm sure he'll be able to get away with paying fewer Yellow shirts these days.

DaveL
05-07-03, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I'm sure he'll be able to get away with paying fewer Yellow shirts these days.

The last time I was at IMS was 1995 (big guess why). Given the Yellow shirts I saw, I figure at least a third of them have either died since then, or will have by next year's race.

Unless Indiana has somekind of unlimited supply of incredibly rude, grouchy 85 year old men who love blowing whistles in peoples' faces.