PDA

View Full Version : The wisdom of Bob Jenkins

Lizzerd
05-05-03, 08:45 PM
On the local sports talk show on WIBC radio, Bob Jenkins was being interviewed by the host, Tim Bragg. Of course, the topic was the irl 497.5.

He was talking about the Andrettis. About Michael, he said something along the lines that there wouldn't be a dry in the house if he was in a position to win near the end and didn't. He went on to say that he is probably the fan favorite this month at the speedway.

Excuse me, Bob, but I don't think so. I think (I could be wrong) that the devout earlers would like nothing less than to see Mikey slow on the backstretch again. The casual fans probably think he's coming out of retirement, and the event fans probably don't remember him anyway.

About Mario, Mr. Jenkins said that, despite Mario's past negative comments about the irl, that he came to realize how safe these cars really are.

Excuse me again, Bob, but Mario was just plain lucky. Lucky to not go over the fence, lucky to land on his wheels. The safety of those back breakers had nothing to do with it.

More about Mario, Bootlicker Bob said that he thinks that Mario came to the realization that he was no longer able to bring a car up to speed and race.

Excuse me for the third time, Boob, Mario was doing 224's and 225's in a SHAKEDOWN run, and hadn't been in an open wheel car for several years. And he had NEVER been in a crapwagon before in his entire career.

I'm reminded of an April evening in 1996. I went to the home opener for the Indianapolis Indians (AAA baseball team) and saw Bub there. I couldn't resist. I asked him what race he would be attending on Memorial Day weekend. His reply: "Is there another race?"

Geez, what a shill...

Treeface
05-05-03, 09:32 PM
the shrill shill.

Cam
05-05-03, 09:49 PM
That from Bob "The Voice"??? Who is from Floriduh and had never even seen a car race till he was in his 30's??? :saywhat:

Never!:shakehead

Ziggy
05-05-03, 10:00 PM
haha, Bootlicker Bob, I like it!

Boob Judkins, "Voice of the 500nert". He was a champion of the "grass roots" till he tasted the TerreHaute root, now he is an Indy "icon"

What a tool.

Put Boob, Dave Depain, KurtCavein, Dave Clapsaho and Jack Myroot in a bus and shove it over a cliff

Ziggy

pchall
05-05-03, 10:04 PM
Jenkins is, arguably, worse than Arute on tv and on radio.

Enough said.

Hink
05-06-03, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Jenkins is, arguably, worse than Arute on tv and on radio.

That's an awful low bar to limbo there.

I would have thought those comments came from Arute though so you're on to something.

Lizzerd
05-06-03, 02:59 AM
I just remembered that I forgot to mention this.

Jenkins also said that he expects a lot of the CART drivers to be roaming around, looking for a ride with helmet in hand, in the second week of practice. (uh huh, and Paul Tracy will be leading the pack, right, Boob?) He almost sounded sad as he said it.

Kiwifan
05-06-03, 05:05 AM
I normally like to think along the lines of 'if you can't say anything nice about someone then don't say it' but old Bob gets my blood boiling. I don't think I have ever heard him say the CART word. He is just so pro IRL and the Speedway that it clouds his judgment. Maybe he's not allowed to say the C word but come on Bob, CART does exist.

I'm afraid I lost respect for Bob years ago. Shame on you Bob. At least I can admit the IRL is a racing series up against CART. I don't like that series but just because I don't like it doesn't make it go away.

Actually, now that I think about it that's just another reason why I don't follow the IRL. I don't like any of their commentators. Just in case you think I'm biased I'm not that keen on Steven Cox but hey, that's life! ;)

Rusty.

IlliniRacer
05-06-03, 02:32 PM
I'm just amazed that you could use "Jenkins" and "wisdom" in the same sentence.

RaceGrrl
05-06-03, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer

:D I was ready to reply to this thread with that same observation. Great minds...

Napoleon
05-07-03, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer

:thumbup:

Jenkins is a tool.

L1P1
05-08-03, 10:02 PM
Whizdom. The Word is Whizdom. ;)