PDA

View Full Version : Mont-Tremblant

KLang
06-29-07, 10:31 AM
P1 starting.

KLang
06-29-07, 11:54 AM
It's a French sweep in Quebec as Bourdais, Pagenaud and Gommendy claim the top three spots in the first practice. Qualifying gets underway at 2:15pm local/ET, 18:15 UTC.

SB again. <sigh>

jonovision_man
06-29-07, 12:42 PM
Go France! :p

I can't wait to see the cars on track... should be very sweet, it's a beautiful setting.

I just hope the straight proves long enough that they can overtake each other, it always struck me as being a place where a ChampCar wouldn't be able to stretch its legs.

jono

Wally
06-29-07, 12:54 PM
SB again. <sigh>

Yeah getting old for sure......:shakehead

KLang
06-29-07, 12:55 PM
Yeah getting old for sure......:shakehead

It was old a couple years ago. :irked:

Insomniac
06-29-07, 12:55 PM
SB again. <sigh>

I'm shocked.

Winston Wolfe
06-29-07, 01:16 PM
PT will sort them all out before you know it.....
heck, last week he took out two other cars, got down a lap, and won the darn thing...
Can he do any better this week ?
Off-leader pit strategy fuel run, followed by some chrome horn, could result in win #2 and take out SeaBass just for good measure...

jonovision_man
06-29-07, 01:18 PM
It was old a couple years ago. :irked:

Most talented driver on the grid on the best team, whatcha gonna do?

Doornbos has to be the driver to watch, no? Looking very quick, just has to learn that he's not in Europe... no blocking! :) Could challenge SB more in the coming races.

And last year AJ+Forsythe put together a pretty good challenge, too bad he bailed to do one competition lap a weekend in NASCAR. :p But SB's domination hasn't been as bad as it seems sometimes, there have been guys that have beat him out there, they just haven't been able to do it consistently.

jono

Insomniac
06-29-07, 01:53 PM

Doornbos has to be the driver to watch, no? Looking very quick, just has to learn that he's not in Europe... no blocking! :) Could challenge SB more in the coming races.

And last year AJ+Forsythe put together a pretty good challenge, too bad he bailed to do one competition lap a weekend in NASCAR. :p But SB's domination hasn't been as bad as it seems sometimes, there have been guys that have beat him out there, they just haven't been able to do it consistently.

jono

I think when you're winning 25% of your races and breaking long standing ChampCar records with this being only your 5th year in the series, the domination over the rest of drivers is pretty bad.

KLang
06-29-07, 02:46 PM

Nothing. It's up to the other teams to step up. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. :)

jonovision_man
06-29-07, 02:57 PM
I think when you're winning 25% of your races and breaking long standing ChampCar records with this being only your 5th year in the series, the domination over the rest of drivers is pretty bad.

I guess it's all relative. :) Having suffered through Ferrari domination in F1, this seems mild by comparisson, there was that one year that Schuey won 13 of 18 races...

SB/NH are tough, but there's some fast drivers in this field that can beat still them on a good day.

jono

KLang
06-29-07, 03:04 PM
SB only 5th after the 1st stint. :thumbup:

KLang
06-29-07, 03:13 PM
Gommendy takes the provisional poll. SB almost catches him on his final lap.

jonovision_man
06-29-07, 03:17 PM
Gommendy takes the provisional poll. SB almost catches him on his final lap.

I'll say! 0.007s!

0.074s separating the top 5. :eek: That's amazing.

jono

Insomniac
06-29-07, 03:22 PM
Wow, the guy who had trouble completing a test weekend gets the pole. That's a surprise!

G.
06-29-07, 03:46 PM
Wow, the guy who had trouble completing a test weekend gets the pole. That's a surprise!Not to Jeemy. He heard he was fast.:gomer:

Insomniac
06-30-07, 03:11 PM
Is ChampCar continuing with the standing starts tomorrow?

TKGAngel
06-30-07, 03:12 PM
Holy cow! Gommendy keeps the pole and doesn't even go out for today's wet/dry Q2 session. Power starts in P2, almost 4 seconds off Gommendy's time.

nrc
06-30-07, 03:24 PM
Seabass relegated to row two. Welcome to planet Mawtrahblah.

Looks like FCR's casual approach to testing there didn't pay off.

For all the carping we've heard about the field this year we're starting to see teams besides FCR challenge Seabass on a regular basis. That hasn't been the case for years.

Team Aussie, PKV, and Minardi all seem to be ready to become regular contenders.

SteveH
06-30-07, 04:06 PM
Team Aussie, PKV, and Minardi all seem to be ready to become regular contenders.

Yeah, ain't that cool. :thumbup: :cool:

pchall
06-30-07, 07:18 PM

Race weekends are getting interesting again. :)

Spicoli
06-30-07, 09:36 PM

:thumbup:

oddlycalm
06-30-07, 09:49 PM
I can't wait to see the cars on track... should be very sweet, it's a beautiful setting. It really is, a race in a moutain park. Fond memories, wish I could be there. Looks like it will be a pretty good race as well. Nice elevation changes too after the flat as a fritter courses at Portland and Cleveland.

oc

jonovision_man
07-01-07, 07:10 AM
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/231359

PT:

"I don't believe it, you know," he said. "We finally got the car sorted out and it was competitive. We ended up second fastest in the warm-up (prior to qualifying) and run the fastest lap we've done on the weekend and (expletive) as soon as we (expletive) want to go, it starts (expletive) down rain. I know we had luck last week, but we're getting paid back for it today."

What a (explitive) whiner... :laugh:

jono

TKGAngel
07-01-07, 12:11 PM
Sounds like le toot toot des chrome is going to come out today. PT is starting last after a wreck in the morning warm-up forced him to go to the back-up car.

Insomniac
07-01-07, 04:21 PM
I was all set for the multiple :thumbup: for JW. Him passing 3 cars on slicks as the rain was coming down was very well done. Then he loses it all (and then some) on the wet tires.

Insomniac
07-01-07, 04:23 PM
What a (explitive) whiner... :laugh:

And the rest of the pay back was meted out today.

jonovision_man
07-01-07, 04:35 PM
I was all set for the multiple :thumbup: for JW. Him passing 3 cars on slicks as the rain was coming down was very well done. Then he loses it all (and then some) on the wet tires.

My thoughts exactly...

At first I was reminded of Senna in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Cfpaun978

But later I was reminded of Andretti in the same video. :)

jono

Insomniac
07-01-07, 05:48 PM
My thoughts exactly...

At first I was reminded of Senna in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Cfpaun978

But later I was reminded of Andretti in the same video. :)

jono

On an additional note, wasn't it awesome when all those cars were bunched up and they were all dicing for position? Everyone raced well without taking each other out. They may need to install a test track sprinkler system on all road courses. ;)

jonovision_man
07-01-07, 10:16 PM
Very impressive... they dealt with the rain better than they dealt with the standing start. :)

jono

skaven
07-02-07, 12:36 AM
On an additional note, wasn't it awesome when all those cars were bunched up and they were all dicing for position? Everyone raced well without taking each other out.

This was the only race I've watched all year, but there was some impressive driving and racing in the rain for sure. :thumbup:

I've become so soured on the product, that I kept waiting for a massive, wet cluster. Props to the drivers. I wonder if Go Mindy had anything for Doornbos and company. Rahal, Wilson and Pagenaud looked fast at times. Will Power might be the new Tracy.... the original version never impacting the race.

I think I might muster the urge to follow some of the next six races over two months. The following three races over three months... not so much.

Hard Driver
07-05-07, 01:01 AM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/champcar/2007/mt/champcar-2007-mt-eg-0679.jpg

I wonder when the last time Minardi won a race? I am glad to see him fighting for wins in a series with equal equipment.

Rogue Leader
07-05-07, 07:47 AM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/champcar/2007/mt/champcar-2007-mt-eg-0679.jpg

I wonder when the last time Minardi won a race? I am glad to see him fighting for wins in a series with equal equipment.

Probably when they were running F3000, they never won an F1 race.

Andrew Longman
07-05-07, 03:36 PM
I missed the start and middle of the broadcast. Was there any mention of jumping the start? I seemed pretty obvious.

Was there any mention/view of Doornbas blocking? I saw none.

Seebass was embarrassingly whiney at the end. He seemed to know he should not complain but he just couldn't help himself.

But if it made the crowd boo him and cheer a rising new star, all the better. Too bad he didn't throw a punch on the podium. Racing loves controversy. :D