PDA

View Full Version : Honda MotoGP futility thread needed?

oddlycalm
06-26-07, 02:52 PM
Will we need a Honda MotoGP futility thread soon? Honda's fearless leader Takeo Fukui will be at Assen this weekend amid rumors that both Repsol Honda riders are deserting the sinking ship at the end of this winless (so far) season.

Will the wheels come off at Repsol Honda? (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60188)

Can Honda magically transform a world championship program in MotoGP into suckage equal to it's F1 program in a single season...? Will the reverse midas touch that turns large piles of gold into manure spread to the two wheeled domain...? :D

Oh well, Honda always had the EARL to fall back on for racing glory. Hey, we wonned Indy...:tony:

oc

GLenz
06-26-07, 05:20 PM
Will we need a Honda MotoGP futility thread soon? Honda's fearless leader Takeo Fukui will be at Assen this weekend amid rumors that both Repsol Honda riders are deserting the sinking ship at the end of this winless (so far) season.

Will the wheels come off at Repsol Honda? (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60188)

Can Honda magically transform a world championship program in MotoGP into suckage equal to it's F1 program in a single season...? Will the reverse midas touch that turns large piles of gold into manure spread to the two wheeled domain...? :D

Oh well, Honda always had the EARL to fall back on for racing glory. Hey, we wonned Indy...:tony:

oc

Honda and Michelin both missed this year. Ducati/Bridgestone fast. Yamaha faster than Honda but struggling with the Michelins.

emjaya
06-26-07, 06:45 PM

oc

I wonder if the boom is about to be lowered on the Repsol Pedrosa lovefest. Last time the boss came to town, Hayden's "protracted negotiations" ended and he was signed up for two years.

When Loris crashed, I had thought maybe there is still a ride waiting at Ducati for Nicky. Loris seems to have lost his speed and Hayden had turned down the ride that Stoner has now(:rofl: I bet he kicks himself to sleep every night over that one). Maybe it's there for next year.Hayden deserves more that the Repsol Honda Team is giving him.

Maybe that's what Fukio here to fix.

RichK
06-27-07, 01:05 AM
Good points. I think Nicky will get the hell out for sure.

If Pedrosa leaves, I wonder if Repsol will end their long association with Honda and follow him to a new place? Now I'm going to have to shave the 26 off my back! :gomer: :laugh:

Ankf00
06-27-07, 01:14 AM
46 > 26

46 > *

bitches.

GLenz
06-27-07, 03:03 PM
Good points. I think Nicky will get the hell out for sure.

If Pedrosa leaves, I wonder if Repsol will end their long association with Honda and follow him to a new place? Now I'm going to have to shave the 26 off my back! :gomer: :laugh:
I think Pedrososa is Repsol's boy and will stay with him. JMO.

Nicky's been on Hondas his entire pro career, both in the US and MotoGP. I think he will be pretty loyal to them unless there is no hope for improvement in equipment. Again, JMO.

oddlycalm
06-27-07, 09:08 PM
Nicky's been on Hondas his entire pro career, both in the US and MotoGP. I think he will be pretty loyal to them unless there is no hope for improvement in equipment. Again, JMO. True enough, but he has also gotten scewed by Honda which may have him awake to the fact that Honda is not loyal to him. In 2006 he won the title in spite of Honda having him on the development bike all season and this year he's got a bike made for a midget (Pedrosa) that doesn't come close to working for him. Nicky may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but always being the guy to take one for the team is getting old and he's not getting any younger.

oc

emjaya
06-27-07, 11:40 PM
In 2006 he won the title ...this year he's got a bike made for a midget

Honda loyalty. :irked:

As long as Repsol is footing the bills and Puig is calling the shots, Hayden is going to get nothing from Team Repsol Honda.The team is focused on a Spanish World Champion from the 125's up.

I hope Stoner wins the championship this year, so both Pedrosa's (ex)teamates get one before he does. If Pedrosa does.

The rumour that Capirossi is going to Kawasaki next year isn't going away.

Empty seat at Ducati? ;)

opinionated ow
06-28-07, 05:57 AM
27>all ;)

GLenz
06-28-07, 09:14 AM
True enough, but he has also gotten scewed by Honda which may have him awake to the fact that Honda is not loyal to him. In 2006 he won the title in spite of Honda having him on the development bike all season and this year he's got a bike made for a midget (Pedrosa) that doesn't come close to working for him. Nicky may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but always being the guy to take one for the team is getting old and he's not getting any younger.

oc

Yup, good point. In 2006, it looked like Pedrosa was the favorite son.

Ankf00
06-28-07, 09:52 AM
27>all ;)

27 > a roo, that's about it :gomer:

opinionated ow
06-28-07, 10:03 AM
27 > a roo, that's about it :gomer:
hater :p

Ankf00
06-28-07, 10:53 AM
damn straight. :D

EVL29
06-28-07, 02:53 PM
As long as Repsol is footing the bills and Puig is calling the shots...

Repsol isn't "paying the bills",Honda is. Sponsorship accounts for hardly anything for the Factory squads.

And Puig is just the Crew Chief to El Midge(in add. to being his Manager),NOT the team manager,so how he can screw Hayden is debateable.

That being said...Honda has been behaving like a middle-aged douchebag who's found a young coed to replace the cuurent wife.:thumdown:

The Doctor
06-28-07, 10:46 PM
Perhaps a futility thread is not needed as the new bike has seen Nicky rocket back up the charts. Third fastest in both of the practice sessions today, behind Stoner and de Puniet. After the Barcelona test he's finally got the confidence in the front of the bike the RC212V has been missing all year. But this is almost definitely too late for this year, but maybe he'll be able to crank out a couple of wins in the latter half of the season at places like Laguna and Phillips Island, two places he traditionally goes very well at.

oddlycalm
06-30-07, 09:28 PM
Honda loyalty. :irked:

As long as Repsol is footing the bills and Puig is calling the shots, Hayden is going to get nothing from Team Repsol Honda.The team is focused on a Spanish World Champion from the 125's up.

I hope Stoner wins the championship this year, so both Pedrosa's (ex)teamates get one before he does. If Pedrosa does.

The rumour that Capirossi is going to Kawasaki next year isn't going away.

Empty seat at Ducati? ;) The irony is that it's not even about loyalty, Hayden is clearly the more accomplished rider. Repsol have made politics a bigger priority than success.

Hayden's interview on the race broadcast was great. Something like "I'm world champion but they made the bike for someone else" with a ruefull smile. Saying that to the media when the big boss is in town is a serious public challenge to Honda management. :thumbup:

Seeing Stoner and Ducati taking it to the big Japanese factories never gets old for me. Rossi did his best today and Stoner maturely let him go, but odds are still in Stoner's favor for the title.

oc

opinionated ow
07-01-07, 03:03 AM
The irony is that it's not even about loyalty, Hayden is clearly the more accomplished rider. Repsol have made politics a bigger priority than success.

Hayden's interview on the race broadcast was great. Something like "I'm world champion but they made the bike for someone else" with a ruefull smile. Saying that to the media when the big boss is in town is a serious public challenge to Honda management. :thumbup:

Seeing Stoner and Ducati taking it to the big Japanese factories never gets old for me. Rossi did his best today and Stoner maturely let him go, but odds are still in Stoner's favor for the title.

oc

the difference between stoner winning and not was the tyres. he and his bike matched rossi. the tyres made the difference in the dutch tt

eiregosod
07-15-07, 04:23 PM
according to sources I made up myself, Honda doesn't want to be labelled futile.

Spicoli
07-15-07, 06:51 PM
This just in: Pedrosa wins Spain. :p

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/580/580668_18681.jpg

G.
07-16-07, 12:42 PM
This just in: Pedrosa wins Spain. :p

Deutschland's in Spain??:eek:

Dani again proves why he belongs in the #1 seat for Honda.

(trolling, trolling, trolling...):p

Spicoli
07-16-07, 12:49 PM
Deutschland's in Spain??:eek:

Dani again proves why he belongs in the #1 seat for Honda.

(trolling, trolling, trolling...):p

sorry. :gomer: Still soaked/bloated from Vacation. :laugh:

G.
07-16-07, 01:38 PM
sorry. :gomer: Still soaked/bloated from Vacation. :laugh:No worries. Just thought that maybe I'd missed a War.:laugh: