PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit, dead ******

G.
06-26-07, 01:54 PM
ATLANTA - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

#@$%&!!@#
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead;_ylt=Apge1AYCCNO6w3lWTI3oNmwDW7oF)

Murder-suicide.:flame: :flame:

How could someone do that to his child??

When are people gonna figure out, when committing the murder-suicide thing, do the last part FIRST!

Elmo T
06-26-07, 02:31 PM
I know that something folks just pop a fuse, but the sad part is that someone somewhere is not surprised by this. I hope they had done all they could to get this dude the help he needed.

Andrew Longman
06-26-07, 02:52 PM
Its not as if he was a total darling before he offed his family. (Strangely, I share a hotel courtesy van with him and his agent at Newark airport a few years back. Large man.)

I hate these stories. Last week a guy up in Montclair drowned his two little girls before hanging himself. Custody dispute.

And also last week they found a mother not guilty by insanity when she couldn't handle finding out her 12 year old son was epileptic and smothered him. She then botched her own suicide.

Ankf00
06-26-07, 03:01 PM
there's been one of these seemingly every week in Houston this year

Sean O'Gorman
06-26-07, 03:54 PM
Wow, first Vince McMahon, now Chris Benoit. Not a good time to be a WWE fan, I guess.

WickerBill
06-26-07, 04:51 PM
Its not as if he was a total darling before he offed his family. (Strangely, I share a hotel courtesy van with him and his agent at Newark airport a few years back. Large man.)

I thought he was teeny tiny by pro wrestling standards. 5 foot 8 or something, only 220lbs.

cameraman
06-26-07, 05:15 PM
5'11" and 235 lbs according to the news

Wabbit
06-26-07, 05:52 PM
Wow, first Vince McMahon, now Chris Benoit. Not a good time to be a WWE fan, I guess.

Vince McMahon? I thought that was just a marketing ploy. :confused:

Methanolandbrats
06-26-07, 05:58 PM
#@$%&!!@#
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead;_ylt=Apge1AYCCNO6w3lWTI3oNmwDW7oF)

Murder-suicide.:flame: :flame:

How could someone do that to his child??
Steroid Rage.............musclehead just went nuts.

jonovision_man
06-26-07, 06:33 PM
At least society did its best to dissuade him from violent behaviour rather than reward him handsomely for it.

Oh.

jono

Insomniac
06-26-07, 06:42 PM

I don't know what set him off, but it's sad. A psychologist on Headline Prime, summed it up pretty well. That instant of rage is so much more powerful than logic and love.

Not saying this happened, but he snaps and kills his wife. It sinks in and he realizes his son doesn't have a mother and his father is a murderer kills his son. Then kills himself.

I also wondered if this is happening more often, or it is being reported more often.

Insomniac
06-26-07, 06:43 PM

It is, but I don't know if Sean was being serious or not.

extramundane
06-26-07, 06:49 PM

Apparently his wife had him restrained or somesuch a couple years back because he went bats****, smashed up the place and threatened to smash her up as well. Too bad someone didn't encourage this azzknuckle to OD on painkillers earlier, like so many of his colleagues.

Vince McMahon needs to be strung up in the public square. Congress wants to look at juice in baseball? Feh. Some of these wrestling dudes have stories that make Giambi's look like Peanuts strips.

</witchhunt>

spinner26
06-26-07, 07:10 PM

Vince McMahon’s hoax goes up in smoke
http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/20070612_12wwe_breaking.html

Insomniac
06-26-07, 07:32 PM

They didn't think the idea through too well. Didn't occur to them what would happen when shareholders heard the leader and primary visionary for the company died. They had to clarify it pretty quickly to the financial press.

Insomniac
06-26-07, 07:35 PM
Apparently his wife had him restrained or somesuch a couple years back because he went bats****, smashed up the place and threatened to smash her up as well. Too bad someone didn't encourage this azzknuckle to OD on painkillers earlier, like so many of his colleagues.

Vince McMahon needs to be strung up in the public square. Congress wants to look at juice in baseball? Feh. Some of these wrestling dudes have stories that make Giambi's look like Peanuts strips.

</witchhunt>

This doesn't sound like anything new (unfortunately) in our society (husband beats wife, wife does something (restaining order, call police, file for divorce) they get back together and one or both of them end up dead). Wrestler or not.

TKGAngel
06-26-07, 07:50 PM
ESPN's reporting that the 7-year-old had needle marks in his arms. The kid apparently had been given growth-hormones for some time, since the family thought he was "under-sized."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2917133

extramundane
06-26-07, 08:16 PM
This doesn't sound like anything new (unfortunately) in our society (husband beats wife, wife does something (restaining order, call police, file for divorce) they get back together and one or both of them end up dead). Wrestler or not.

Too true. But I'd like to think that if Jimmy Joe Bob kills his wife, and the investigation reveals that his boss down at Tire King is facilitating his crank habit, someone with a badge is going to break the Tiremeister's ass.

How McMahon has escaped steroid investigations mostly unscathed is remarkable to me.

Insomniac
06-26-07, 10:06 PM
Too true. But I'd like to think that if Jimmy Joe Bob kills his wife, and the investigation reveals that his boss down at Tire King is facilitating his crank habit, someone with a badge is going to break the Tiremeister's ass.

How McMahon has escaped steroid investigations mostly unscathed is remarkable to me.

That's pretty simple. He's not handing them out. He's turning a blind eye and has instituted steroid testing. If players in the NFL can cheat the test, I'm sure it's not overly difficult to do it in the WWE. I believe he was prosecuted by the federal government but they lost.

On news reports, they said he had prescribed anabolic steroids.

Sean O'Gorman
06-26-07, 10:10 PM
It is, but I don't know if Sean was being serious or not.

It was a big deal I thought, they had the FIC on it and everything.

Andrew Longman
06-27-07, 10:38 AM

The stunt seems to be part of an ongoing story of McMahon’s spiral into insanity, which wwe.com has been supporting with repeated updates of the faux-bombing story.

Spiral?

spinner26
06-27-07, 10:55 AM
Albeit this case is bizarre beyond imagination I can attest that as a former user of steroids they do make ones mind a little off kilter, obviously in this case a whole lot off kilter.

My problem while taking the juice as we called it was alcohol. i had a HUGE problem with alcohol without mixing steroids. Mixing the two I had my fair share of run ins with folks who admittedly had no business being harassed or assaulted but at the time I felt it was either necessary or ok, it didn't take much to flip the switch to instant *******. It is not til after the fact when you become coherent again that one realizes the damage he has caused by his outlandish behavior, to bad for Chris he'll never get to "really" feel the pain of what he did.

I in no way shape or form condone the use of alcohol or drugs nor do I suggest they are the excuse for what makes people do the things they do, people are people. I will just say strange people do strange things and while your using drugs you become a strange person.

Insomniac
06-27-07, 02:24 PM
ESPN's reporting that the 7-year-old had needle marks in his arms. The kid apparently had been given growth-hormones for some time, since the family thought he was "under-sized."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2917133

As a follow-up:

The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard said. He said he had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him growth hormones.

"The boy was very small, even dwarfed," Ballard said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2918274

nrc
06-27-07, 02:51 PM
If the child was that small it's not out of the question that he was prescribed growth hormones.

Andrew Longman
06-27-07, 03:09 PM
If the child was that small it's not out of the question that he was prescribed growth hormones.

Why get a prescription when Daddy has a locker full of them?

nrc
06-27-07, 03:25 PM
Why get a prescription when Daddy has a locker full of them?

You're right, of course. The most sensational answer is almost always the correct one.

cameraman
06-27-07, 04:45 PM
Proper administration of growth hormone does not leave needle tracks.

Methanolandbrats
06-27-07, 04:53 PM
Proper administration of growth hormone does not leave needle tracks. Maybe the rasler' got his medical degree from The University of Phoenix and his computer was down the day that was covered :D

coolhand
06-27-07, 05:41 PM
I hate needles

Andrew Longman
06-27-07, 06:35 PM

Actually, the way this whole story has leaked out of have several doubts. Why do needle tracks indicate growth hormones. It could be anything. And tox screens usually take weeks to come back.

Ankf00
06-27-07, 07:22 PM
You're right, of course. The most sensational answer is almost always the correct one.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

I hate needles damn straight.

Actually, the way this whole story has leaked out of have several doubts. Why do needle tracks indicate growth hormones. It could be anything. And tox screens usually take weeks to come back. who knows what the police have been told by friends, family, etc.

indyfan31
06-27-07, 07:29 PM

Not only that, but the article says "needle marks", not tracks. Yes, there is a difference.

Indy
06-28-07, 12:36 AM
Having been in the depths of despair before, it is still inconceivable to me that anyone could make such a choice. Suicide, maybe. Murder, never. Murder of one's child, beyond any concept I can imagine -- no sane person could ever do it.

Insomniac
06-28-07, 08:46 AM
Actually, the way this whole story has leaked out of have several doubts. Why do needle tracks indicate growth hormones. It could be anything. And tox screens usually take weeks to come back.

It's pretty simple:

http://i13.tinypic.com/6co49x4.jpg

People really don't like wrestling and will take any opportunity with events like this to take shots and blame them.

Ankf00
06-28-07, 09:12 AM
People really don't like wrestling and will take any opportunity with events like this to take shots and blame them.

When you deal roids, and one of your boys is found dead with 'roids in his home, people don't really need to search far and wide

Insomniac
06-28-07, 05:43 PM
When you deal roids, and one of your boys is found dead with 'roids in his home, people don't really need to search far and wide

Ohhh, I didn't know Vince McMahon can prescribe steroids...

Seriously though, his prescriptions were from that same place that was raided earlier this year with links to other sports, most notable I think was the Steeler's team doctor.

NOTE: I haven't watched wrestling in years, but have noticed that a lot of people just hate it for whatever reason.

G.
06-28-07, 11:16 PM
NOTE: I haven't watched wrestling in years, but have noticed that a lot of people just hate it for whatever reason.Reminds me of the IRL.

With MUCH bigger boobies. Male and Female. I like the female ones, but YMMV.:D

The girl's butts are nice.

(actually, I have never watched a WWE, WWF, whatever, rasslin match. Am I the only one?)

cameraman
06-28-07, 11:28 PM
(actually, I have never watched a WWE, WWF, whatever, rasslin match. Am I the only one?)

Nope

Indy
06-29-07, 03:04 AM
Lost interest in about 1978.

Dick the Bruiser rocked. :gomer:

SteveH
06-29-07, 09:47 AM
Lost interest in about 1978.

Dick the Bruiser rocked. :gomer:

I met Dick's mom, years ago. Went to church in Indy with my aunt. She was a member there. Nice lady. I thought I had met a celebrity. Or at least the mother of one.

The Crusher also rocked.

Used to watch it in the 60s when I was growing up. Black and white TV. Made for a great Sat. afternoon.

Wabbit
06-29-07, 10:34 AM

Me neither.

tllips
06-29-07, 10:55 AM

Make that 3 of us.

Andrew Longman
06-29-07, 11:00 AM

Well, just long enough to get a little creeped out by it. :)

Methanolandbrats
06-29-07, 11:21 AM
I was assigned to photograph Wrestling a few years ago. It was, uh, interesting. Backstage everyone was eating together and having a great time. It is not a sport, it is theater. Think of it as opera for stupid people.

The audience was interesting. Pockets of them looked like they had been keeping marriage "in the family" for several generations. The rest of them reminded me of a late night trip to WalMart.

Steroids? Some of the girls had really deep voices, but maybe they were just fighting off colds.

KLang
06-29-07, 11:26 AM
I remember watching whatever it was called back in the 60's a few times. It was broadcast on one of the independent TV stations when we lived in Cleveland back then. Didn't do anything for me as it was obviously fake.

Andrew Longman
06-29-07, 12:22 PM
Think of it as opera for stupid people

:D How true. That's good

The rest of them reminded me of a late night trip to WalMart.

I'm betting Walmarts I've visited in Phillipsburg, NJ and Pontiac, MI are the prototypes.

Dr. Corkski
06-29-07, 12:22 PM
Andre the Giant was really good in The Princess Pride.

Insomniac
06-29-07, 01:09 PM
I was assigned to photograph Wrestling a few years ago. It was, uh, interesting. Backstage everyone was eating together and having a great time. It is not a sport, it is theater. Think of it as opera for stupid people.

The audience was interesting. Pockets of them looked like they had been keeping marriage "in the family" for several generations. The rest of them reminded me of a late night trip to WalMart.

Steroids? Some of the girls had really deep voices, but maybe they were just fighting off colds.

I know almost everyone I know who watched/watches wrestling doesn't fit that mold. I wonder if it's a generational thing. Any 25-35 year olds here never watch it? (I'm going with the assumption it was very popular and on network TV in the late 80s.)

Andrew Longman
06-29-07, 02:39 PM
Odd story on NPR this afternoon. Apparently 14 hours before the bodies were discovered it was posted on Wikipedia that his wife was dead.

Tracked the IP to Stamford, CT., home off WWE.

Turns out the IP address is the same as someone who has posted all sorts of wacky stuff about wrestling in the past. When Benoit didn't show for an event last weekend he just guessed Chris' wife was dead and posted it.

Wierd

That wacky internet:\

Insomniac
06-29-07, 03:25 PM
Odd story on NPR this afternoon. Apparently 14 hours before the bodies were discovered it was posted on Wikipedia that his wife was dead.

Tracked the IP to Stamford, CT., home off WWE.

Turns out the IP address is the same as someone who has posted all sorts of wacky stuff about wrestling in the past. When Benoit didn't show for an event last weekend he just guessed Chris' wife was dead and posted it.

Wierd

That wacky internet:\

Sunday night there were reports he had told others that his wife and son were spitting up blood at some point over the weekend. Educated guess?

TKGAngel
06-29-07, 03:42 PM
I know almost everyone I know who watched/watches wrestling doesn't fit that mold. I wonder if it's a generational thing. Any 25-35 year olds here never watch it? (I'm going with the assumption it was very popular and on network TV in the late 80s.)

I'm 25 and I never watched wrestling. But then again, I'm a girl and get my niche sport requirement met through the NHL.

dando
06-29-07, 03:48 PM
I'm 25 and I never watched wrestling. But then again, I'm a girl and get my niche sport requirement met through the NHL and CCWS.

Fixed that fer ya. :)

-Kevin

Cam
06-29-07, 04:02 PM
I'm 25 and I never watched wrestling. But then again, I'm a girl and get my blood sport requirement met through the NHL.

Really fixed it for ya....:D

TKGAngel
06-29-07, 04:29 PM
Touche to both of you.

TMZ.com has a picture of Benoit and his son. The kid was a little cutie-pie.

Tim
06-30-07, 12:14 AM

Where was this?

cameraman
07-02-07, 08:09 PM
Seems he was using a vast excess of anabolic steroids...

The pro wrestler who strangled his wife and son and committed suicide last month bought injectable steroids excessively, according to court papers released Monday. His doctor was charged with improperly prescribing drugs to other patients.

Dr. Phil Astin prescribed a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Chris Benoit every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007, a Drug Enforcement Administration agent said in an affidavit filed Friday and made public Monday.

Anabolic steroids at over 10x dosage:saywhat:

G.
07-03-07, 02:06 PM
TMZ.com has a picture of Benoit and his son. The kid was a little cutie-pie.You are correct.

:flame: :flame:

Dr. Corkski
07-03-07, 02:33 PM
I'm 25 and I never watched wrestling. But then again, I'm a girl and get my niche sport requirement met through the NHL.OMGHi2U

:gomer: