PDA

View Full Version : DP01 vs Lola

Hard Driver
06-24-07, 09:56 PM
How is the DP01 working out in your opinion.

I think the car is turning out to be a step up from the Lola. It seems to allow nice close racing and is doing what it was supposed to. I just wish they would get the starters working, because that would get rid of a few yellows.

on a side note, the standing starts seem better to IMO.

extramundane
06-24-07, 09:59 PM
Where's the choice for March-Buick?

Indy
06-24-07, 09:59 PM
CC needs some competition in the form of multiple chassis' or some open rules, but the DP01 seems to be much better than the Lola as a spec car.

I also think the standing starts are working out much better than I expected.

Rogue Leader
06-24-07, 10:24 PM
CC needs some competition in the form of multiple chassis' or some open rules, but the DP01 seems to be much better than the Lola as a spec car.

I also think the standing starts are working out much better than I expected.

As a spec car it works better because everyone started out in the same spot. Lola became a spec car many years after the haves and have-nots had at it. So N/H has an unbeatable program, and Coyne drags ass.

I think the standing starts are great and better than the rolling starts which this series hasn't gotten right in MANY years....

ferrarigod
06-25-07, 01:01 AM
where's the '97 Reynard is better answer?

those mirrors will never work.

Andrew Longman
06-25-07, 07:12 AM
I think Cleveland was the first race where the ability to follow and equality among the cars really showed off. There was good racing on the streets, but I think the Lolas might have done equally well.

The Lola is still a bit sexier.

The (lack of) starters are a disappointment.

I like the rolling starts better, but not if they allow the field to string out and not if a bunch of cars are taken out in the first turn.

And the DP01 did not achieve (yet) its goal of attracting more cars to the grid.

NismoZ
06-25-07, 07:37 AM
Indy-More chassis and rules changes AFTER the merger.:tony:

dando
06-25-07, 11:05 AM
IMHO, it's a push w/o the onbaord starters. The Lola had better looks, but the DP has been pretty much as expected sans starters. If the starters were working as advertised, I'd vote DP, but w/o it's even.

-Kevin

stroker
06-25-07, 11:22 AM
I think the DP's "better", but I'm not sure it was worth the trouble of forcing the whole series to buy new cars. I haven't seen any reliable information on the costs of running the DP vs. the Lola.