PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast

Hard Driver
06-24-07, 09:52 PM
Seemed a bit better this week.

I would have liked more telemetry. And the announcers seemed more focused on the race, but still left me wondering a couple of times. Like when Power pitted from the lead, did he come out in front of Sabastian? How did Paginaut get those extra cars between him ans Sebastian when they were running before a round of pit stops?

But overall, I would give them an Improved and Decent rating.

jonovision_man
06-24-07, 09:55 PM
Did anyone else find the picture a bit washed out (bright)?

G.
06-25-07, 12:56 AM
I like the cams in the pits; helmet, fuel hose, etc. Looks pretty cool. Doesn't add to the racing, but cool nonetheless.

tantra
06-25-07, 01:13 AM
Excellent camera work. Those lipstick cams, pancam, and pit cams were major improvements. I attended the race and have now viewed the tape of it. If you weren't there, you didn't miss much.

Do take note, however, that there was nothing said about K. Legge. No interview. No coverage of her adventures at grass mowing, no interview with her after she finally parked the beast before it killed her.

Andrew Longman
06-25-07, 07:01 AM
Do take note, however, that there was nothing said about K. Legge. No interview. No coverage of her adventures at grass mowing, no interview with her after she finally parked the beast before it killed her.

Agreed. I saw she was listed as OUT on the scoring scroll and wondered what happened to her. What did happen to her?

Indy
06-25-07, 08:49 AM
T&S said "mechanical."

gerhard911
06-25-07, 09:48 AM
Did anyone else find the picture a bit washed out (bright)?

Yes, it looked awful on my LCD. I turned the brightness WAY down and it was tolerable but then the commercials were too dark. Incorrect camera white balance ? If so it was on more than one camera.

RHR_Fan
06-25-07, 10:43 AM
Agreed. I saw she was listed as OUT on the scoring scroll and wondered what happened to her. What did happen to her?

We never found out what happened to Figge either. It would be nice, even if it's mechanical, to at least acknowledge cars that are not in the race anymore.

Other than that I really don't have anything else to say about the broadcast. I know some people are bitching about RB, but I was too busy watching the race to even listen and catch mistakes or whatever. I know announcers are important, but with so-so announcers the last few years I guess I just pay more attention to the cars and the racing than them. Unless something big happens.

~Nicole

PS--> 900th post ;)

Insomniac
06-25-07, 10:43 AM
This is the first time Rick Benjamin actually bothered me. He seemed to be off this weekend (compared to other weekends). I think the telemetry stinks because it's delayed. The production is getting better, but they have some ways to go. I think if they are spending a lot of time showing replays of things missed, the director isn't doing a good job of seeing where the most likely places for action are.

Andrew Longman
06-25-07, 10:53 AM
We never found out what happened to Figge either. It would be nice, even if it's mechanical, to at least acknowledge cars that are not in the race anymore.

PS--> 900th post ;)

I think they eventually said he had gearbox issues, but it was much later. Odd when they actually gave him airtime showing him out of the car to not mention right away why.

Congrates on your milestone. I passed 2500 last week or so. Obviously you have more of a life than I.:gomer:

dando
06-25-07, 11:01 AM
PS--> 900th post ;)

Weak sauce. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

High Sided
06-25-07, 03:48 PM
Kablammo and Pwammo:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nrc
06-25-07, 06:50 PM

Got a kick out of that. :)

RHR_Fan
06-25-07, 08:51 PM

Wasn't that Jon that said that? I will admit when I heard that I said out loud "you are not Steve Matchett, you can't say that!"

~Nicole

High Sided
06-25-07, 09:10 PM
Wasn't that Jon that said that?
~Nicole

yep that was jon, best description of a race wreck yet, DW ain't got nuttin on jon :cool: