PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, JPM!

dando
06-24-07, 08:19 PM
:cool: :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

jonovision_man
06-24-07, 08:20 PM
Sweeeet drive! That was entertaining as all heck, loved it. :)

I kept thinking he had run out of fuel, but that's just how slow those pieces of crap go. ;)

jono

cart7
06-24-07, 08:21 PM
Always fun to watch Juan. Kudo's!! :thumbup:

Chief
06-24-07, 08:21 PM
Great day for CART era bred drivers today:

Paul Tracy at Cleveland.
Dario Judd in the cornfields.
Juan Montoya at Sonoma.

Makes us old CART fans mighty proud......:thumbup: :)

greenie
06-24-07, 08:27 PM
$$$$$

:cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
06-24-07, 08:42 PM

Paul Tracy at Cleveland.
Juan Montoya at Sonoma.

Makes us old CART fans mighty proud......:thumbup: :)You said it!

nissan gtp
06-24-07, 09:09 PM
good win by JPM :thumbup:

eiregosod
06-24-07, 09:16 PM
Rubby Gordon had a good today too. Though JPM and a few others had a better strategy.

spinner26
06-24-07, 09:53 PM
Love it that JPM won but you know if you watched Kevin Harvick has got to be major league P.O.'D. His dimwitted crew chief told him to let Monty go that he didn't have enough fuel. :shakehead :laugh:

eiregosod
06-24-07, 10:06 PM
Love it that JPM won but you know if you watched Kevin Harvick has got to be major league P.O.'D. His dimwitted crew chief told him to let Monty go that he didn't have enough fuel. :shakehead :laugh:

There was no indication from Monty's radio that they were low on fuel. I'm probably wrong on that, but they didn't seem to be that anxious about the amount of fuel that was left in the tank.

Sean O'Gorman
06-24-07, 10:35 PM

Paul Tracy at Cleveland.
Juan Montoya at Sonoma.

Makes us old CART fans mighty proud......:thumbup: :)

I was just about to bring that up. The winners of today's NASCAR, Champ Car, and IRL races were 1-2-3 in the 1999 CART season, and won 12 of the 20 races that year. Really makes you wonder what it would be like if they were still racing togehter.

Fio1
06-24-07, 11:22 PM
The winners of today's NASCAR, Champ Car, and IRL races were 1-2-3 in the 1999 CART season, and won 12 of the 20 races that year.

Interesting. :cool:

Indy
06-24-07, 11:56 PM
I was just about to bring that up. The winners of today's NASCAR, Champ Car, and IRL races were 1-2-3 in the 1999 CART season, and won 12 of the 20 races that year. Really makes you wonder what it would be like if they were still racing togehter.

Thanks, Tony!

cart7
06-25-07, 06:05 AM
I tuned into that Nascar recap show on Speed with Spencer and Loud mouth Wallace. They interviewed Juan and asked which was bigger, drinking the milk after winning at Indy or drinking the wine from the Sonoma winners trophy.

Guess which one he chose?

go ahead, guess. :laugh:

Don Quixote
06-25-07, 08:34 AM
(c) Monaco?

spinner26
06-25-07, 10:19 AM
I tuned into that Nascar recap show on Speed with Spencer and Loud mouth Wallace. They interviewed Juan and asked which was bigger, drinking the milk after winning at Indy or drinking the wine from the Sonoma winners trophy.

His reply on nascar.com was that Sonoma was biggest win yet b/c in open wheel he was expected to win everything and in cabs he's not supposed to be wining yet

eiregosod
06-25-07, 10:30 AM
I'm lovin' that the gomers are nearly chocking at the thought that a cab race could be more important than an Indy 500.
maybe if JPM wonned Indy before 1996 then his opinion might change :cool:

Insomniac
06-25-07, 10:52 AM

<cheating>Long Beach (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=199093&postcount=1)</cheating>

JohnHKart
06-25-07, 01:56 PM
deleted, i already posted in the AJ thread

Winston Wolfe
06-26-07, 09:39 PM
Congrats to JPM - but Robby had the field covered during the entire race...

Remember when the CART\Champ car races were pretty much turing into fuel economy runs ???? I cant believe it is happening so much more and more in NECKCAR now.... what happened to the days of guys just running flat out for as long as they can and trying to win ?

I guess with that mysterious "debris" caution they throw so often.... but I noticed at Sonoma - they always showed the actual peice of krap on the track that caused the caution. As always "the Man" was just trying to keep Robby down - just the way they always do....

The race at WG in a few weeks will be exciting to say the least.... Robby has something to prove, JPM has to uphold the road race king title and everyone else in the field will be looking to administer the chrome horn to JPM in case he thinks he can sweep 'em both.... it'll be fun, that is for sure.