PDA

View Full Version : "Champ Car has a lot in common with Rock and Roll."

Accipiter
06-24-07, 06:26 PM
*CRINGE*

Oh, just shut up, Rick! Please, just shut up!

devilmaster
06-24-07, 06:44 PM
Ya know I have, in the past, given Benji a bit of breathing room on his performance - thinking that he doesn't have the crew around him to make a top knotch broadcast.

After today I want a new voice again.

In the span of less than 20 seconds, the booth missed one car spinning out of the final chicane on a restart, then Benji quipped that doornbos might have a problem since he faded to 14th.

Ummm, rick, weren't you listening to anyone (including yourself) the 5 minutes prior when everyone explained that he got a drive thru penalty for blocking?!?

When you're missing the most obvious things, its time to go.

TravelGal
06-24-07, 06:44 PM
If you don't read Pressdog, you should. My guess is that the dog will catch several of those. They were flying like pieces from the front of PT's car.

devilmaster
06-24-07, 06:46 PM
I do read pressdog, and this isn't a slight against him, but it seems that the knowledgable fans (including dog) always pick up on more things than the broadcast team does.

And all we have is one tv feed. :shakehead

nrc
06-24-07, 10:29 PM
*CRINGE*

Oh, just shut up, Rick! Please, just shut up!

Haven't watched the whole broadcast yet, but are you blaming Benjamin for the scripted intro?

tantra
06-25-07, 01:19 AM
The guy at the mic has always written his own script for the into. After 25 years, what would you have written that hasn't already been used by one of the several other guys who sat in that chair over the years.

It's about the racing, not the TV performances by the on-air talent.
But if you want to judge the talent and work product of the guys in the booth, then use Jon and compare how he did in comparison to TK or one of the many others who have presented the Cleveland race.

Accipiter
06-25-07, 11:10 AM
Haven't watched the whole broadcast yet, but are you blaming Benjamin for the scripted intro?

Since he probably wrote the damn thing, sure I do.