PDA

View Full Version : I see Tracy is just as save as ever

Artemus
06-24-07, 01:18 PM
I haven't followed CART/ChampCar for a number of years (for various reasons), but am trying to get back into it. But while watching the start of Cleveland I just have to ask, why the hell is Paul Tracy still allowed to drive? How many race cars has he wrecked over the years?

Awe, shoot, can't edit the title. Should read "just as SAFE", of course.

Fio1
06-24-07, 01:21 PM
He's an idiot, but think how boring it would be without him! But, once in a while he is pretty quick....But, not often anymore.

jonovision_man
06-24-07, 01:58 PM
Too funny :rofl:

Opposite Lock
06-24-07, 02:14 PM
Awe, shoot, can't edit the title. Should read "just as SAFE", of course.

I thought you were going for "suave".
:tony:

Artemus
06-24-07, 02:17 PM
I thought you were going for "suave".
:tony:

That does work better, doesn't it? Next time I'll just write "I see that Tracy is still a ****** idiot!", and everyone can decide for themselves what ******* means.

cameraman
06-24-07, 02:22 PM
The idiot might win this thing....

jonovision_man
06-24-07, 02:28 PM
The idiot might win this thing....

No kidding... everyone else is just as screwed, at least he fixed his early. :)

IRL in Iowa is just as much of a mess, if not worse, they can't seem to restart without a pile-up.

NASCAR (shudder!) is my only hope! ;)

jono

Artemus
06-24-07, 02:36 PM
IRL in Iowa is just as much of a mess, if not worse, they can't seem to restart without a pile-up.

jono

I didn't even know there was an IRL race today. I switched over to take a quick look. Running on a 7/8 mile banked track? :eek: What on earth did they expect to happen? :shakehead

One of the reasons I gave up on CART was they kept trying to run on ovals that were inappropriate for the cars, with the idiotic rules to try to keep them safe (speedway wings on short ovals, the "Hanford device", the Texas Motor Speedway debacle, etc.). But the IRL has just about trumped it all with this one race.

Artemus
06-24-07, 02:48 PM
Four laps left. Bet he punts someone to get a yellow so he doesn't run out of fuel.

Artemus
06-24-07, 02:51 PM
Awe, poop.

Accipiter
06-24-07, 02:52 PM
What crap. Tracy wins becasue of the caution he caused, and then extended. :thumdown:

jonovision_man
06-24-07, 03:00 PM
What crap. Tracy wins becasue of the caution he caused, and then extended. :thumdown:

Sucks, but a pretty entertaining race anyway! I was hoping Doobie would get him at the end, though, close finish.

jono

Insomniac
06-24-07, 03:23 PM
How many race cars has he wrecked over the years?

There isn't even a name for a number that big. :)

Insomniac
06-24-07, 03:28 PM

That was one of the odd things about this race. Why the FCY on that first one? Debris? It looked like it all went on the grass. How did Tracy get back out mid-pack after a nose change after 2 laps were run. When he punted Bruno, I was trying to figure out who else had a white car. I knew Servia was in front, and just assumed PT was in 17th. That was very weird.

Also, I know I said this before, but :thumbup: to Bruno. His whining is gone. And he was a little funny there in his interview.

gjc2
06-24-07, 05:56 PM
Did Doornbos have any push to pass left? The commentators seemed sure he had 35 seconds remaining.

TedN
06-24-07, 06:01 PM
Nice result for PT heading into the next 2 weekends, which are in Canada.

Ted

:)

Accipiter
06-24-07, 06:06 PM
Did Doornbos have any push to pass left? The commentators seemed sure he had 35 seconds remaining.

I think as was proved at the start, you can't trust the graphics to be correct.

Using an animation and not a simple camera on the lights at the start was stupid.

TravelGal
06-24-07, 06:37 PM
I think as was proved at the start, you can't trust the graphics to be correct.

Using an animation and not a simple camera on the lights at the start was stupid.

Thank you; thank you; thank you. I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I think that about once at day but this was because I thought EVERYONE was moving before it went green and I couldn't figure out why no one said anything.

They used the actual lights for the Portland telecast, didn't they??

As for Tracy, you could tell even he was a bit chagrined. Have to admit, I was on the edge of the seat. Whether one likes it or not, it wasn't boring.

Ankf00
06-24-07, 06:48 PM
I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I think that about once at day... one would think that you would have positive confirmation by now. :p

devilmaster
06-24-07, 06:49 PM
one would think that you would have positive confirmation by now. :p

And Ank would know, Gal.

:D

Joelski
06-24-07, 06:54 PM
This thread needs more:

http://www.reillydairy.com/pics/natural_cheese.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TravelGal
06-24-07, 06:58 PM
:p :p :p :p :

oddlycalm
06-24-07, 07:04 PM
you can't trust the graphics to be correct Which is why my vote would be to get rid of them entirely starting with that giant bloody crawl they have up the entire race. Unless they want to post gaps, splits or something useful get rid of all that crap.

I agree about Benjamin as well, it was like watching an entirely different race. We never did get to see a replay of the actual move that got Doornob penalized which decided the race as it happens.

All that said, Cleveland has been won before by a driver that had been forced into the pits during the early laps. The fuel stategy just happened to fall PT's way today.

oc

Joelski
06-24-07, 07:05 PM
http://www.pmifirm.com/photos/general/images/tracy082706.jpg

http://www.researchtraining.org/images/Module864/crying_frog.JPG

:D

Insomniac
06-24-07, 09:25 PM
Thank you; thank you; thank you. I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I think that about once at day but this was because I thought EVERYONE was moving before it went green and I couldn't figure out why no one said anything.

They used the actual lights for the Portland telecast, didn't they??

As for Tracy, you could tell even he was a bit chagrined. Have to admit, I was on the edge of the seat. Whether one likes it or not, it wasn't boring.

I thought the same thing. Did Bourdais jump it and everyone else follow? That was just terrible.

RHR_Fan
06-24-07, 09:45 PM
This thread needs more:

http://www.reillydairy.com/pics/natural_cheese.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Give me some bread and I'll make y'all a kick ass grilled cheese.

nrc
06-24-07, 09:46 PM
I agree about Benjamin as well, it was like watching an entirely different race. We never did get to see a replay of the actual move that got Doornob penalized which decided the race as it happens.

Not necessarily. If Doornob hadn't been put at the back of the field by his drive through he probably wouldn't have been on the fuel strategy that put him in position to challenge for the win.

Rogue Leader
06-24-07, 10:22 PM
who would have thought... usually PT hits everything but the lottery out there, today he hits everything AND the lottery!

tantra
06-25-07, 01:07 AM
I regrete that all fans of CCWS were not able to get to the race today.
The radio conversations between PT and NM was priceless. I can't report any of it here, for I would be breaking all the guidelines for use of proper language on this forum, but trust me, their communications alone were worth the price of the ticket. Their team effort was one of the best I've seen in years.

mueber
06-25-07, 01:39 PM
I was at the race, surrounded by Canuckians. They loved it, and it was a fun race.

Sometimes I love Tracy; sometimes I hate him; yesterday I hated him.

G.
06-25-07, 02:11 PM
Give me some bread and I'll make y'all a kick ass grilled cheese.That reminds me. I think that you should do all of the cooking at RAm for the oc'ers that have supported (um, with words anyway) your studies in the culinary arts.

We can give you a nice setup to use, some shade, a couple of Coleman stoves, some beer. Waddaya say?:thumbup:

FTG
06-25-07, 03:13 PM
The radio conversations between PT and NM was priceless.

Use @#$##. We all know PT's favorite #$%#$#.

jonovision_man
06-25-07, 03:59 PM
I was at the race, surrounded by Canuckians. They loved it, and it was a fun race.

Sometimes I love Tracy; sometimes I hate him; yesterday I hated him.

I have mixed feelings too. The guy's an idiot, sometimes he's a dangerous idiot, but I can't imagine the series without him... he's so damn entertaining. :)

I'll never forget the time he lost half his front wing in Toronto to a collision with Bourdais, but kept given 'er in the lead... didn't seem to phase him at all, just kept throwing in lap after lap, the fans were going insane every time he'd come by... I don't think he lost a second, he was just on it, it was great gritty stuff.

Then he ran out of gas. Went ballistic with the crew... just great stuff. :)

jono

KLang
06-25-07, 04:36 PM
I'll never forget the time he lost half his front wing in Toronto to a collision with Bourdais, but kept given 'er in the lead... didn't seem to phase him at all, just kept throwing in lap after lap, the fans were going insane every time he'd come by... I don't think he lost a second, he was just on it, it was great gritty stuff.

My one and only trip to Toronto. NM asked PT over the radio if PT wanted a fresh front wing. PT declined. NM's response: 'You're my hero' :D It was an impressive display by PT.

NismoZ
06-25-07, 04:41 PM
Yeah, well one interviewer said "you just never quit" Sunday, but we all know better than that, don't we? At least this time he didn't. Probably a good thing for CC that he did win. Better than that smug arse Stoddart. I still see trouble in him somewhere down the line.

Joelski
06-25-07, 04:44 PM
Does anybody have the pic of PT with his whineritis mask?

tantra
06-25-07, 05:53 PM
Re: FTG and Use @#$##. We all know PT's favorite #$%#$#.

Yes, their choice of words was a bit censorable, but that's only a portion of their communications. Think of NM as the leader who takes charge, directs the team, keeps all informed, encourages, praises, affirms, rewards, and expresses himself with flair. Think of PT as his usual self, but with move self discipline and focus.

That was the radio communications I was listening to at Cleveland.

Insomniac
06-25-07, 06:23 PM
Yeah, well one interviewer said "you just never quit" Sunday, but we all know better than that, don't we? At least this time he didn't. Probably a good thing for CC that he did win. Better than that smug arse Stoddart. I still see trouble in him somewhere down the line.

I've never seen PT quit. He normally just sees red and uses the chrome horn.

nrc
06-25-07, 06:46 PM
There was one exchange where Tracy said, "Let's go for it, if we can't win this thing who gives a ****?" NM replies, "Well, we give a **** but yeah, let's go for it." Along with repeated requests and reports along the lines of "drive that thing like a mother****er," NM was matching Tracy expletive for expletive. :)

Also, NM told Tracy to burn fuel prior to the final restart so they were confident they could make it to the end.

Insomniac
06-25-07, 07:13 PM
There was one exchange where Tracy said, "Let's go for it, if we can't win this thing who gives a ****?" NM replies, "Well, we give a **** but yeah, let's go for it." Along with repeated requests and reports along the lines of "drive that thing like a mother****er," NM was matching Tracy expletive for expletive. :)

Also, NM told Tracy to burn fuel prior to the final restart so they were confident they could make it to the end.

Heh. Watching it I thought, how could PT not have enough fuel to get to the end? And NM kept saying "it's going to be close". Of course, it is FCR, so fuel is always a concern. ;) Guess what he was really trying to do was disguise the fact that PT was on a set of tires that had already done 20 laps.

tantra
06-25-07, 09:51 PM
Actually, Neil (numerous times) told PT to save fuel during the caution. At 17 minutes to the end. on the final lap of the yellow, Neil said, "Paul, I want you to do the impossible. I want you to warm up the tires while continuing to save fuel." PT was approaching turn 2 as that direction/request was made from the pit. A short time later, as PT approached turn 7, Neil again told him to continue to save fuel. It was only after PT exited turn 8 that Neil told him to go ahead and get ready for the restart.

The talk about their being either 'zeros or heroes' was a great exchange between the two and took place earlier when they were committed to staying out and going for the win even if they ended up parked and out of fuel somewhere before seeing the checkered. And, contrary to the TV report, Neil never mentioned Rahal's fuel situation (and possibly allowing Rahal to pass him).
It was always a balls to .... after the drive like a mf exclaimation from Neil to PT. Later Neil was telling PT when Robert was looking to the inside, telling him to check his mirrors (several times). It was as if Neil was in the car with PT and experiencing the same drive to win as PT was feeling. It was truely a great monemt for the team. As PT entered turns 9 and ten coming to the flag, Neil said "Now just keep it on the island and we will win a gd motor race."

(And, yes, I do have audible memory equivalent to those strange folks who are considered to have 'total recall' of what they read.)

Hesketh
06-30-07, 07:03 AM
I've never seen PT quit. He normally just sees red and uses the chrome horn.

He has quit many times, a good example being TO when he ran out of fuel. Had he stayed in the car like Neil told him to do, he would have gotten a tow back to the pits. It's what SB would have done: keep fighting.

Yes, PT was mad that he was out of fuel, but he also should have taken some of the responsibility for that because he was on pit in when the yellow came out. He alone made the decision to get back on the track instead of coming in for badly needed fuel. Sure, there would have been a penalty, but that would have been better than ending his race.

PT gets the red mist way too often, and mistakenly blames the crew way too often for me to find him "entertaining." It's like calling a train wreck entertaining. How many people is he allowed to take out before he gets parked?!

chop456
06-30-07, 07:16 AM
That reminds me. I think that you should do all of the cooking at RAm for the oc'ers that have supported (um, with words anyway) your studies in the culinary arts.

We can give you a nice setup to use, some shade, a couple of Coleman stoves, some beer. Waddaya say?:thumbup:

Bump. :D

Insomniac
06-30-07, 11:44 AM
He has quit many times, a good example being TO when he ran out of fuel. Had he stayed in the car like Neil told him to do, he would have gotten a tow back to the pits. It's what SB would have done: keep fighting.

I remember the incident, but I recall FCR asking if they could pull him back in (they were at pit out) and CC said no. Then PT got out, but he could've been towed around. Did he get out after the team asked him to stay in it?

cameraman
06-30-07, 01:01 PM
He has quit many times, a good example being TO when he ran out of fuel. Had he stayed in the car like Neil told him to do, he would have gotten a tow back to the pits.

If you have been towed around the track you can't go back out.

RHR_Fan
06-30-07, 01:24 PM
That reminds me. I think that you should do all of the cooking at RAm for the oc'ers that have supported (um, with words anyway) your studies in the culinary arts.

You know I just saw this post for the first time today. Shows what kind of education I gots. :D

Maybe, just maybe, I'll come over and play with the grill. ;)