PDA

View Full Version : In the pantheon of GREAT Champ Car ideas...

Racing Truth
06-21-07, 07:46 PM
China ranks just above Ansan. Enjoy the legal fun! (http://home.alltel.net/sb32511/sino_v_champcar_complaint.pdf):tony: All via Smackforum.

Couple things: Plaintiffs effed up on the '07 dates. We didn't start until April, fellas. Nice try, though.

Then, check out item #10.:shakehead "The power and influence in international motor car racing circles..." Really, Ger, really? Uhhhh, nice try Forsythe.:laugh: :laugh:

EDIT: But wait, this is all, somehow, a good thing! Well according to CCFantasies anyhow. This post is like racing forum pr0n to me. (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45383)

Tifosi24
06-21-07, 08:02 PM
I would need to see Champ Car's briefs, but after reading through the Chinese Promoter's brief, it really looks like Champ Car management are the quintessential keystone cops.

dando
06-21-07, 08:04 PM
China ranks just above Ansan. Enjoy the legal fun! (http://home.alltel.net/sb32511/sino_v_champcar_complaint.pdf):tony: All via Smackforum.

Couple things: Plaintiffs effed up on the '07 dates. We didn't start until April, fellas. Nice try, though.

Then, check out item #10.:shakehead "The power and influence in international motor car racing circles..." Really, Ger, really? Uhhhh, nice try Forsythe.:laugh:

EDIT: But wait, this is all, somehow, a good thing! Well according to CCFantasies anyhow. This post is like racing forum pr0n to me. (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45383)

Oh, snap. :\

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
06-21-07, 08:05 PM
Damn, Obi SRSLY needs a word budget. Or a Cliff's Notes recap.

jonovision_man
06-21-07, 08:24 PM

Then, check out item #10. "The power and influence in international motor car racing circles..." Really, Ger, really? Uhhhh, nice try Forsythe.:laugh: :laugh:

I don't know what's worse... the total mismanagement or the delusion over at ccf... what would CCWS have to do to earn criticism over there? They could BBQ newborns and CCF would have a thread about how it's attracting new fans. :p

jono

shaggy_socal
06-21-07, 08:38 PM
31. On April 2, 2007, FIA responded to the letter of CCWS and provided CCWS with its reasons for not approving the date of October 28. CCWS did not share that letter with FRC or SSE.

I think the letter went somehting like this...

April 2, 2007

Dear Champ Car,

In response to your letter asking why your application to move the China race to October 28 was denied, here is the reason as requested.

Because.

Now kindly F-Off you whiney second rate series!

Sincerely,

Max Mosely
FIA

FTG
06-21-07, 09:58 PM
You won't see me calling management idiots for racing in China and then calling them idiots for canceling a race that I never wanted in the first place. That would be dumb.

Dr. Corkski
06-21-07, 10:03 PM
The promoters won't stand a chance against ,,,'s patent lawyer.

jonovision_man
06-21-07, 10:42 PM
You won't see me calling management idiots for racing in China and then calling them idiots for canceling a race that I never wanted in the first place. That would be dumb.

Except they didn't cancel it, they screwed it up.

Not that your comments apply to me, I liked the idea of a China race. But I think you can not like it and still be critical of management's stunning ability to screw things up.

When's the last time ChampCar ran all the races it announced on their schedule?

jono

Spicoli
06-21-07, 11:14 PM
The promoters won't stand a chance against ,,,'s patent lawyer.

nice knowing you asswipe

:)

rabbit
06-22-07, 01:08 AM
This post is like racing forum pr0n to me. (http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45383)
How completely delusional... :shakehead

manic mechanic
06-22-07, 01:21 AM
As a member over there (and someone who has a bit of a path to "CC's innards" along the way) I have watched this "CF" grow, then fester into what it is today...

Taking into account what is bandied around over there, I only checked in on the issue to find out what the MOTs were smoking (and by the looks of things, it must have been WAAAY better than anything I've had my hands on over the last 20 years!). :D

To some, truth is only an indication of how far your a$$ has been sold down the river. To those that can see the truth through the smoke and mirrors, I applaud your pragmatism (but I still want a bit of what was smoked over there!!:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: ).

Gotta love it!

manic

Andrew Longman
06-22-07, 09:27 AM

On the other end I notice yesterday that Defender got himself a vacation from TF. He hasn't posted in over a month. If CF and TF are indicators of the OW fanbase then I'm not sure management of the sport matters that much any more.

Methanolandbrats
06-22-07, 09:35 AM
On the other end I notice yesterday that Defender got himself a vacation from TF. He hasn't posted in over a month. If CF and TF are indicators of the OW fanbase then I'm not sure management of the sport matters that much any more. Ya, kinda reminds me of a primate research lab where they have two tribes of crazy monkeys in a cage and all they do is fling turds at each other all day.

coolhand
06-22-07, 10:34 AM
Sounds like CCWS needs to do some on how business is done in China. There are a lot of books out there written by western businessmen who learned the hard way.

Question about the FIA. What is their authority when it comes to scheduling and what happens if you do something without their approval? NASCAR does not worry what they think right?

jonovision_man
06-22-07, 10:43 AM
Sounds like CCWS needs to do some on how business is done in China. There are a lot of books out there written by western businessmen who learned the hard way.

You'd think they'd have researched it after the debacle in Korea... :shakehead

Question about the FIA. What is their authority when it comes to scheduling and what happens if you do something without their approval? NASCAR does not worry what they think right?

NASCAR does worry about what they think, they are a member of ACCUS which ultimately answers to the FIA.

There was a discussion about the FIA on the original cancellation thread.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12954&highlight=fia

Short answer: ChampCar can't possibly race in China without the FIA's blessing, period.

jono

Gnam
06-22-07, 12:00 PM
They could BBQ newborns and CCF would have a thread about how it's attracting new fans. :p
jono
I want my baby-back, baby-back, baby-back...baby baaack riiibbs.

The writers at ChampCar have seriously lost the thread. The show used to be about car chases, hi-tech gadgets, hot chicks, and serious competition with suspense and interesting plot twists. Now it's all about international business deals, courtroom battles, and soap opera drama, featuring a revolving cast. Bor-ing.

I hope they know where they're going and can pull this season back from the edge.

Racing Truth
06-22-07, 01:16 PM

Why? Yes, I thought it wasn't the best idea in the first place. Buttttt, if you're going to do it, act like you know WTF you're doing! It's called compounding a mistake. BTW: Is there anything that "management" could do that you WOULD be critical of? Seems to me that you'll accept anything.

You just,,,,don't understand,there's a dream,,,,,follow the dream,,,follow the light:tony:

G.
06-22-07, 01:35 PM
You just,,,,don't understand,there's a dream,,,,,follow the dream,,,follow the light:tony:those are your,,,,dead realatives beckoning you,,,