PDA

View Full Version : Too much money on your hands?

devilmaster
06-19-07, 04:21 PM
Just got this email from Skip Barber....

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to drive a Formula One racecar? At Road America? Wonder no more.

For three dates only - August 2, 23, and 30 - Skip Barber is offering a special, full day version of our Introduction to Racing in conjunction with LRS Formula USA and their fleet of Formula One machinery.

The featured cars for these events will be LRS Formula USA’s pair of Arrows A-18 (as driven by Damon Hill and Pedro Diniz in the 1997 championship). Powered by Cosworth HF normally aspirated V8 engines that rev up to 14,000 RPM, these historic machines feature paddle-shifted semi-automatic gearboxes and carbon-carbon brakes -- just like they had when they were on the grid at Monaco, Spa and Monza.

The morning session will consist of the Skip Barber Introduction to Racing; a three-hour program consisting of classroom training and (3) 20-minute session on track in the Formula Skip Barber racecar. After a lunch break the LRS Formula USA guys take over, preparing you for the experience of piloting a Formula One racecar for four laps around the 2.2 mile Skip Barber School Course.

PRICE: $3,395

Space is limited, so call a School & Series Advisor to reserve your seat today. NOTE: Online registration is not available for these events.

nissan gtp
06-19-07, 04:45 PM
big jump from a barber school car up to an F1 machine :eek:

I'm too cheap and too fat to do it anyhow :laugh:

tllips
06-19-07, 04:49 PM
I once knew a guy who had a 1960's vintage F1 car and a Formula Ford from the 1970's (I don't remember which years for either car). I said that it must be blast to drive those at Road America and he said the F1 car was actually too much work to keep under control and he enjoyed tooling aroind in the Formula Ford.

I would think it would be very difficult to harness an F1 machine in one day.

P.S. I am also too fat and poor to do this.

emjaya
06-19-07, 05:00 PM
I am also too fat and poor to do this.

You and me.:D

devilmaster
06-19-07, 05:48 PM
You and me.:D

I'm the poster child. :irked:

Methanolandbrats
06-19-07, 06:19 PM
Takes "if you bend it, you bought it" to a whole new level.

jcollins28
06-19-07, 08:51 PM
big jump from a barber school car up to an F1 machine :eek:

I'm too cheap and too fat to do it anyhow :laugh:

Damn I had no idea that Chip Ganassi was a member here!

Winston Wolfe
06-22-07, 02:55 AM
Damn I had no idea that Chip Ganassi was a member here!

well - if that was the case - it would have been "I am Cheep (therefore) I am fat" - but then he could have afforded it.... weird, huh ?:rolleyes: