PDA

View Full Version : TV Viewing - Post Sopranos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Gnam
03-19-15, 04:11 PM
I was surprised Top Gear was new this week, but it seems the suspension won't apply to BBC America for few weeks.

In other BBC America news, I can't decide whether the appropriate description of the new 'Sherlock Holmes' series should be:
Out-f******-Standing! or Fan-f******-Tastic!

It's really good.

Insomniac
03-19-15, 04:37 PM
I was surprised Top Gear was new this week, but it seems the suspension won't apply to BBC America for few weeks.

In other BBC America news, I can't decide whether the appropriate description of the new 'Sherlock Holmes' series should be:

It's really good.

They've created another Sherlock Holmes TV show? My goodness.

Napoleon
03-19-15, 05:30 PM

It's really good.

I have been wanting to watch that. I assume PBS carries it.

stroker
03-20-15, 10:42 PM
Assuming they're talking the one with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, yes, it's outstanding.

Insomniac
03-21-15, 10:00 AM
Ohhh, if that's the one, it's not new. PBS airs it on Masterpiece. They're 3 episode seasons. BBC America has also been airing them (I noticed around Broadchurch, also a good show). Netflix has them as well.

I thought Gnam meant there was another series.

cameraman
03-21-15, 02:46 PM
Upcoming Sherlock episodes

Christmas 2015 special episode
Season 4 - 2016, filming fall 2015

chop456
03-23-15, 01:51 AM
Jack and Triumph. :thumbup: :D

nrc
04-17-15, 02:14 PM
Amazon is streaming Orphan Black seasons 1 & 2 for free. Season 3 kicks off this weekend. WOW dumped BBCA so I was excited TiVo showing it set to record on some other station. Turns out AMC is showing the first episode on all their networks so we'll probably have to stream the rest of it.

Insomniac
04-18-15, 09:36 AM
Louie is back. The pre-opening credits segment this week was hilarious. I don't know how he comes up with it.

Gnam
04-27-15, 02:17 PM
Top Gear is done done.
Clarkson, Hammond, and May are all out. The show may continue, but none of the three presenters will be on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3057337/Jeremy-Clarkson-Gear-colleagues-brink-new-three-year-contract-punched-s-producer-rage.html

Talk about putting it in the hedge. :shakehead:

KLang
04-27-15, 02:36 PM
Finally got around to starting to watch Game of Thrones. Finished up Season 3 a couple nights ago. There was no way to avoid being aware of the Red Wedding episode but I was still surprised when it happened. My Gosh, they've killed off almost half the cast. :eek:

Caught the first two episodes of the newest Sherlock series yesterday afternoon via iTunes. Excellent! :thumbup:

stroker
04-27-15, 11:24 PM
Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, I saw a blurb somewhere recently where Ian McKellen has been cast as a 90 year-old SH starting to lose his mind to old age. Sounded like an interesting premise. Keep an eye out.

dando
04-27-15, 11:31 PM
Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, I saw a blurb somewhere recently where Ian McKellen has been cast as a 90 year-old SH starting to lose his mind to old age. Sounded like an interesting premise. Keep an eye out.

He's also going to Cogsworth in the upcoming live action Beauty & the Beast. <Disney geek> :)

nrc
04-27-15, 11:58 PM
Finally got around to starting to watch Game of Thrones. Finished up Season 3 a couple nights ago. There was no way to avoid being aware of the Red Wedding episode but I was still surprised when it happened. My Gosh, they've killed off almost half the cast. :eek:

Caught the first two episodes of the newest Sherlock series yesterday afternoon via iTunes. Excellent! :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones. I was pleased with the adaptation from the books in previous seasons, but they really seem to have decided to accelerate the story a bit this season and I'm not thrilled with some of the alterations.

KLang
04-28-15, 12:51 AM
I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones. I was pleased with the adaptation from the books in previous seasons, but they really seem to have decided to accelerate the story a bit this season and I'm not thrilled with some of the alterations.

I've not read the books so the whole thing is new to me. I don't think I would enjoy reading the material but watching it has been fun.

Elmo T
07-30-15, 09:02 AM
Amazon signs Top Gear team for new car show (http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/30/media/amazon-top-gear-clarkson/index.html)

Deep enough pockets at Amazon to maintain the world travel taste of the show?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

cameraman
07-30-15, 11:44 AM
Amazon signs Top Gear team for new car show (http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/30/media/amazon-top-gear-clarkson/index.html)

Deep enough pockets at Amazon to maintain the world travel taste of the show?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

A significant percentage of Top Gear was the producers, they were the creative and stylistic drive behind the show. I'm not sure how this will go.

SteveH
07-30-15, 11:50 AM
A percentage of Top Gear was the producers, they were the creative and stylistic drive behind the show. I'm not sure how this will go.

seldom can the secret sauce be rebottled even if all the major ingredients are used

Gnam
07-30-15, 12:26 PM
SyFy had a good science fiction summer run:
1. Defiance - aliens, aliens everywhere
2. Dark Matter - cool ship
3. Killjoys - reminds me of 'Firefly'

Pilgrims Drop
07-30-15, 02:42 PM
A significant percentage of Top Gear was the producers, they were the creative and stylistic drive behind the show. I'm not sure how this will go.

Andy Wilman goes with them...

cameraman
07-30-15, 04:34 PM
Andy Wilman goes with them...

That might just be the saving grace.

nrc
07-30-15, 07:22 PM

By most accounts Clarkson and Producer Andy Wilman were the major creative forces behind remaking the show back in '02. Wilman is part of the Amazon package so I suppose we'll find out.

TravelGal
10-01-15, 08:05 PM
Blindspot. This could be good.
Minority Report. I see it fading quickly unless they figure out what they are doing.
Anyone else see anything new? We're catching up on the DVR so we're behind in our sampling.

TKGAngel
10-21-15, 03:09 PM
Mythbusters to end after 2016 season. :(

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/21/mythbusters-ending-interview

dando
10-21-15, 09:25 PM
Mythbusters to end after 2016 season. :(

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/21/mythbusters-ending-interview

They lost me after Kari left the show. ;)

nrc
10-22-15, 10:58 PM
We have a whole bunch on the DVR unwatched. As much as I enjoyed it I think it's pretty much played out. They're re-hashing things and the experiments have gotten more sloppy. They have put more effort into a spectacular result than a correct one.

dando
10-22-15, 11:25 PM
We have a whole bunch on the DVR unwatched. As much as I enjoyed it I think it's pretty much played out. They're re-hashing things and the experiments have gotten more sloppy. They have put more effort into a spectacular result than a correct one.

Kinda like TBBT. It's just run its course. :(

Insomniac
10-23-15, 12:49 PM

And that's why we now have What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/what-could-possibly-go-wrong/).

stroker
10-30-15, 09:48 PM
Just completed my collection of "Justified" DVDs! <happy dance>

nrc
11-22-15, 07:56 PM
We watched the first couple of episodes of Man in the High Castle, an Amazon series based on the Phillip K. Dick book of the same name. Castle is an alternate history, set in the 1960s in an America that lost World War Two. There is an alternate history within the alternate history, just to keep things interesting.

The most impressive thing about this series from the outset is the production and how well they capture this alternate world where the Western U.S. is under the control of Imperial Japan and the East under that of Nazi Germany. It takes some time to get on track but once it does the story of ordinary Americans dealing with life under a fascist regime is riveting.

G.
11-22-15, 08:18 PM
I also like "...HighCastle".
The whole season of "Jessica Jones" is released on Netflix as well. A bit more fun, but pretty gritty for a Marvel creation.

I'm torn on which binge to do 1st.

dando
11-22-15, 09:18 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/netflix-orbits-around-lost-in-space-reboot-20151121

KLang
11-23-15, 09:53 AM
I enjoyed the pilot of High Castle, don't know when I'll find the time to binge. I'll check out Jessica Jones as well.

Anyone else enjoying Blindspot? My favorite new series of the fall.

stroker
11-23-15, 08:56 PM
I'll have to wait for High Castle to show up on DVD at the library... :(

TravelGal
11-23-15, 10:02 PM
I enjoyed the pilot of High Castle, don't know when I'll find the time to binge. I'll check out Jessica Jones as well.

Anyone else enjoying Blindspot? My favorite new series of the fall.

Watching Blindspot but the dude makes my butt tired. Really, dude. Get a haircut. And stop with the moonie eyes at the dame. Too many closeups of eyeballs. Jamie Alexander, on the other hand = dynamite. Makes it worth watching but, like The Player, I'm getting a bit weary of the premise already. Just give me Blacklist where we knock off one a week in the A story line. :thumbup:

TravelGal
02-01-16, 12:49 PM
Anybody watching the "new" X Files? The story is a combination of everything we've seen yet it shows that decent writing and acting can equal barely imperceptible but noticeable increasing tension. So far.

Insomniac
02-01-16, 01:44 PM
Anybody watching the "new" X Files? The story is a combination of everything we've seen yet it shows that decent writing and acting can equal barely imperceptible but noticeable increasing tension. So far.

I stopped watching the original during its run (no clue at what point, but I'd guess season 3 or 4). I figured I'd watch this since it's only 6 episodes. It has kept my interest and seems to try and help people who either never saw it or doesn't really remember know some of the backstory. I definitely missed the whole kid thing and seems Scully was abducted or something.

TKGAngel
02-21-16, 01:48 PM
Anyone watching American Crime Story on FX? It's based on the Jeffrey Toobin book about the OJ trial. The first three episodes have been really good so far, even sending me down the OJ internet rabbit hole after the first episode.

indyfan31
02-22-16, 10:59 AM
Anyone watching American Crime Story on FX? It's based on the Jeffrey Toobin book about the OJ trial. The first three episodes have been really good so far, even sending me down the OJ internet rabbit hole after the first episode.

We've been watching it, pretty good so far. Not crazy about Travolta and Gooding Jr, too cartoony.
On the other hand, American Crime is just riveting this season. Felicity Huffman has to come away with an Emmy for this.

TravelGal
02-22-16, 07:02 PM

Not watching. I lived it. From stunned disbelief watching a TV in a local store showing that first slow Ford Bronco chase down the 405 to having Bob Shapiro and Johnnie Cockran BOTH as clients and friends of a friend of mine at the agency where I worked (not mine, I'm relieved to say). Once and half (all the insider stuff, which yes, I've forgotten) was enough.

Gnam
02-22-16, 07:24 PM
Not watching. I lived it. From stunned disbelief watching a TV in a local store showing that first slow Ford Bronco chase down the 405 to having Bob Shapiro and Johnnie Cockran BOTH as clients and friends of a friend of mine at the agency where I worked (not mine, I'm relieved to say). Once and half (all the insider stuff, which yes, I've forgotten) was enough.
Ditto.

Louie Anderson deserves an Oscar for playing Zach Galifianakis' mom in 'Baskets'.
He is the only reason to watch the show.

http://s15.postimg.org/75cktol2z/maxresdefault.jpg

TKGAngel
02-23-16, 09:21 AM

Completely understandable.

I was an 8th grader/hs freshman when all of this went down. I remember the Bronco chase and the trial preempting General Hospital and watching the verdict in school, but a lot of the background drama went right over my head, as it should have for any 13-year-old.

indyfan31
02-23-16, 11:00 AM
To this day I have not forgotten the look of utter disbelief on Kardashian's face when the Not Guilty verdict was read.

Dvdb
02-23-16, 03:05 PM
:thumbup: on Baskets. Particularly in the first two episodes, the comedy was a lot more visual than we are used to. Not as much set up, punchline.......set up, punchline.

And Louie is genius casting.

nissan gtp
02-23-16, 05:54 PM
X-Files. WTF was that? :confused:

Insomniac
02-24-16, 08:30 AM

It certainly wasn't a self contained 6 episodes.

TravelGal
02-26-16, 12:02 PM

It certainly wasn't a self contained 6 episodes.

The whole series of six struck me as a laugh and romp down memory lane for the cast with nothing for the audience. I found most (not all) of the episodes compelling in some way but the total lack of cohesion was insulting for those of us who wanted to get invested in the franchise again. It may have worked well when the show was on for years at a time but not for a six-episode arc. :mad:

nrc
03-05-16, 12:12 AM
I tried to watch part of an episode of HBO's "Vinyl," a series about the music industry in the '70s, but didn't find it interesting enough to start following it. In spite of that TiVo recorded another episode because they included "Alice Cooper" as a character who was being courted by a record company weasel back in the day.

At first it was a bit annoying because it appeared that they were tampering with rock history. The portrayal of Alice was decent and it worked out so that no time rifts were created. It was neat how they worked in some little details from the era but it was interesting more from the take on popular culture and history of the era than the actual characters and stories of the series. I'll probably fast forward through future episodes to see other such references. David Bowie is evidently a character later in the series.

G.
03-08-16, 09:27 AM
Are Expanse and Dark Matter worth investing the time?

Started Expanse last night. Seems :thumbup:

KLang
03-08-16, 10:02 AM

I read and enjoyed the book series for Expanse when SyFy announced they were making the show. I have the show recorded but haven't found the time to watch it yet. It has been renewed for another season.

Watched and enjoyed Dark Matter last summer. The female lead kicks butt. The guys behind the show were heavily involved in the StarGate franchise. Dark Matter will also return this summer.

Gnam
03-08-16, 04:30 PM

Yes. I liked both shows. Space!

chop456
03-09-16, 05:25 AM
Ditto.

Louie Anderson deserves an Oscar for playing Zach Galifianakis' mom in 'Baskets'.
He is the only reason to watch the show.

http://s15.postimg.org/75cktol2z/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/02/468868250/comic-louie-anderson-modeled-his-baskets-role-after-his-own-mom

Gnam
03-09-16, 12:47 PM
http://www.npr.org/2016/03/02/468868250/comic-louie-anderson-modeled-his-baskets-role-after-his-own-mom
Louie used to have a cartoon show called 'Life with Louie'. He used his mom as a character for that show too.

In one episode he asked his mom for a pet cat. Her response in a thick Minnesota accent was, "No. Cats lick the butter."
That still makes me laugh. :D

nrc
04-08-16, 02:35 PM
Still looking for a title. I suggested "Off Camber".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-K34m6vuY

dando
04-08-16, 03:42 PM
Still looking for a title. I suggested "Off Camber".

Meh. A Show About Nothing...kinda like this board. :tony: ;) :D

SteveH
04-25-16, 10:27 AM
This site streams Sopranos episodes in order 24/7

https://www.arconaitv.me/soapnos/

stroker
04-25-16, 11:12 AM
Just had a thought... What about a TV show series set up like "The Martian"? (Robinson Crusoe on Mars?) Too boring? Not enough action week by week to sustain the ratings? I'd think the science explanation would be interesting...

TravelGal
04-25-16, 01:27 PM
^^^ I think so too, stroker, but I also think we're in the minority. The writers would have to be awfully creative.

Anyone else catch "The Night Manager"? John le Carre novel done by the Brits. On AMC. Episode one had me cringing at Hugh Laurie as the most evil man in the world. Every time he looks at anyone or anything, I wonder if it's going to explode. Bit be warned, TravelGuy thought it was too slow. :rolleyes:

G.
04-25-16, 06:20 PM
Just had a thought... What about a TV show series set up like "The Martian"? (Robinson Crusoe on Mars?) Too boring? Not enough action week by week to sustain the ratings? I'd think the science explanation would be interesting...

The writers would have to be awfully creative.
Isn't Survivor still running?

:)

stroker
04-25-16, 11:47 PM
^^^ I think so too, stroker, but I also think we're in the minority. The writers would have to be awfully creative.

Anyone else catch "The Night Manager"? John le Carre novel done by the Brits. On AMC. Episode one had me cringing at Hugh Laurie as the most evil man in the world. Every time he looks at anyone or anything, I wonder if it's going to explode. Bit be warned, TravelGuy thought it was too slow. :rolleyes:

Do it like Walking Dead. Lose a crew member every few episodes. :)

nrc
05-11-16, 11:17 PM
The Amazon Clarkson, Hammond, and May project now has a name: "The Grand Tour".

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/may/11/jeremy-clarksons-amazon-show-grand-tour-top-gear

They're planning to do the presenting bits from a giant tent that they're going to cart around to various places.

dando
05-11-16, 11:24 PM
Sat night @ 9pm on MeTV...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribble

:thumbup: :)

dando
06-16-16, 01:23 PM
Leno appeared on The Tonight Show last night. Partially to pimp his show on CNBC.

http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage

Dude has an awesome car collection. Kinda like Seinfeld's show on Crackle.

Gnam
06-16-16, 08:40 PM
Leno is entertaining. Good balance of humor and cars.

This show has been pretty good too.
The second season wraps up tonight. Maybe they'll renew it for next year. :p

http://s33.postimg.org/x7xi1a0wv/cavs_warriors_e1433130492687.png

dando
06-16-16, 09:32 PM
Leno is entertaining. Good balance of humor and cars.

His appearances on Last Man Standing last season with Tim Allen (both car guys) were priceless. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZiG8BxmYI

Buzz Lightyear's garage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYu5vRpsGhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9upu3kX8w

:)

G.
06-16-16, 10:33 PM
Does anyone else notice the "girl-show" music? Maybe I've whined about it before...

It seems like any dramas on the big 4+ networks that are targeted towards female viewers have this low-level music that rumbles through any scene with dialog. It is flipping annoying as hell. The only thing worse than the noise is me complaining about it to the wife, probably.

Orphan Black now includes the chick-rumble. I don't think it was there last season, but it's there now.
The show jumped the soap-opera shark several seasons ago, so, meh. :\
But Tatiana is still fun to watch. :)

I'm late to the game on Peaky Blinders. Just into season 2. I hope it holds up. :thumbup:

nrc
06-17-16, 12:22 AM
Does anyone else notice the "girl-show" music? Maybe I've whined about it before...

It seems like any dramas on the big 4+ networks that are targeted towards female viewers have this low-level music that rumbles through any scene with dialog. It is flipping annoying as hell. The only thing worse than the noise is me complaining about it to the wife, probably.

Orphan Black now includes the chick-rumble. I don't think it was there last season, but it's there now.
The show jumped the soap-opera shark several seasons ago, so, meh. :\
But Tatiana is still fun to watch. :)

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed it but now I'm sure that I will.

Agreed that Orphan Black lost its way. The Leda vs Castor story line really took it off the rails last year. I liked the way that they tied the Neolution plot back into the first season at the beginning of this season but I don't think you can put it back together again with cheek worms and bionic eyeballs.

Word is that they will end it with Season 5. I think that's probably a good thing. When a story loses it's way like that I think it needs an ending in sight to give it direction.

Napoleon
06-17-16, 05:37 AM

Or maybe the season didn't wrap up last night.

GO CAVS!

chop456
06-17-16, 06:34 AM
Were any OC members demanding that assault charges be filed against Stephen Curry for hitting a fan with his mouthgard?

Napoleon
06-17-16, 09:02 AM
Were any OC members demanding that assault charges be filed against Stephen Curry for hitting a fan with his mouthgard?

The fan is a kid of one of the Cav's owners.

dando
06-17-16, 09:50 AM
Were any OC members demanding that assault charges be filed against Stephen Curry for hitting a fan with his pacifier?

Fixed. :gomer: ;)

stroker
06-17-16, 12:19 PM
Anybody here following the last season of Person of Interest? I'm catching up via DVD so don't do any spoilers! ;)

Gnam
06-17-16, 12:38 PM
That was a hell of a shot! It almost went in that guy's mouth. That's worth at least 10 points. :D

https://vine.co/v/ilJZvj1uZpY

Gnam
06-17-16, 12:39 PM
Were any OC members demanding that assault charges be filed against Stephen Curry for hitting a fan with his pacifier?

Fixed. :gomer: ;)
Curry's daughter is not amused. The NBA better stop messing with her daddy.

http://s33.postimg.org/7lq33ob0f/Cl_H72_Ds_VEAAOa_EG.jpg

Napoleon
06-17-16, 01:27 PM
It almost went in that guy's mouth.

Hilarious.

As for Lil' Miss Curry, with that look it makes me wonder if it was her posting tweets to her mom's twitter account that they were talking about on the morning news.

Dvdb
06-17-16, 02:49 PM
Feed the Beast. Schwimmer is pretty good.

Girlfriend Experience. Elvis' granddaughter stars.

dando
06-17-16, 03:07 PM
That was a hell of a shot! It almost went in that guy's mouth. That's worth at least 10 points. :D

https://vine.co/v/ilJZvj1uZpY

Meh. LBJ would have dunked it. ;)

Gnam
06-17-16, 04:31 PM
LBJ? **sigh**

http://i65.tinypic.com/334l0lu.jpg

Insomniac
06-19-16, 01:12 PM

I wouldn't say assault, but that's close to spitting, which would've been a serious suspension.

Napoleon
06-20-16, 05:46 AM

So much for Golden State's season.

TKGAngel
06-20-16, 08:29 AM

Is Cleveland standing this morning? :)

Heard on the radio that no team with the regular season wins record in any of the four major sports has actually won the championship in the year they set the record.

Napoleon
06-20-16, 10:10 AM
^^^

I guess there was little or no problems. I heard one window was busted in a place near the Q, but they didn't say anything about any arrest and my impression was it was more of a thing dealing with stupidity (someone just fell into type thing). From a TV report it sounds like it turned into a big dance party in the street for much of the night and that is it. I would have been surprised if there was any kind of serious problems. Short of a town like maybe Minneapolis, this had got to be about the least likely larger city in the US that would have issues.

The Cleveland Indians had an 111 win season in 1948 only to be swept in the WS.

Gnam
06-20-16, 12:47 PM
The real story is what happened after the game. The Warriors stayed on the court and shook the hands of each Cavs player, congratulating them on their victory. There were even some hugs. Then Draymond Green gets up and blames his suspension in Game 5 for the reason they lost the series. But, he didn't blame the refs or the NBA. He blamed himself and his poor behavior and then apologized to his teammates for letting them down.

Cleveland can have the trophy. These Warriors are solid gold. :D

dando
06-20-16, 01:39 PM
Cleveland can have the trophy. These Warriors WERE solid gold. :D

Fixed. :gomer:

Good scene at the end, which is one of the reasons I appreciate hockey...and the honor that golf creates. :thumbup:

Napoleon
06-20-16, 02:46 PM
The real story is what happened after the game.

I don't know if I saw this in the NY Times or local news, maybe both, but I saw that talked, mentioned, etc (I only watched until halftime). I have to imagine in part it was at Kerr's lead. A game or so ago I saw a part of a post game (or pregame) conference with him where he was generally really complimentary of Cleveland, and I don't think it was you usual stuff. He had a good run playing here on a good team and was well liked. Varejão as well (I hated to see him go). In general that team comes off as a group of good guys.

Napoleon
06-22-16, 06:22 AM
The real story is what happened after the game.

Yes, the victory parade. Today looks like it is going to be nuts. Very quickly after the win, when they announce a parade for today all hotel rooms in town were rented so that all the hotels in town are sold out as ex-pats planned their return for it, and when the morning news came on they are already showing a lot of people on the street downtown waiting for a parade to take place at 11.

dando
06-22-16, 11:37 AM
Yes, the victory parade. Today looks like it is going to be nuts. Very quickly after the win, when they announce a parade for today all hotel rooms in town were rented so that all the hotels in town are sold out as ex-pats planned their return for it, and when the morning news came on they are already showing a lot of people on the street downtown waiting for a parade to take place at 11.

Looks like 1/2 of oHIo is in downtown Cleveland. :eek: Any work getting done up there? :gomer: ;)

Napoleon
06-22-16, 11:49 AM
Looks like 1/2 of oHIo is in downtown Cleveland.

The airport, which is what, 7-10 miles from downtown, has all of their lots full from people parking way out there and taking the trains downtown. If you have a flight out there is no parking for you at the airport.

dando
06-22-16, 12:05 PM
The airport, which is what, 7-10 miles from downtown, has all of their lots full from people parking way out there and taking the trains downtown. If you have a flight out there is no parking for you at the airport.

I saw one of my Cleveland peeps mention 800K...looks like a tad more to me. :eek:

Gnam
06-22-16, 12:12 PM
Following the Warriors' example of good sportsmanship, I congratulate the Cavs for winning their first NBA championship, and wish the residents of Cleveland and greater Ohio well as they celebrate their first sports championship of any kind in 48 years. :)

For the tears of joy. :cry:
http://s33.postimg.org/smb33aw9r/box_kleenex_43649836.jpg

Napoleon
06-22-16, 12:50 PM
first sports championship of any kind in 48 years. :)

52, but who is keeping track. (PS - the paper reports Earnest Byner of Browns "the Fumble" fame flew in to attend the parade)

Napoleon
06-22-16, 01:00 PM
And here is Byner shaking coach Lue's hands

LeBron mimicking himself on the sign on the Sherwin Williams building (you can see a part of it on the right):

Napoleon
06-22-16, 01:07 PM
Better shot of LaBron and his sign

dando
06-22-16, 05:04 PM
Projected 1.5m peeps. :eek: :eek:

TKGAngel
06-22-16, 08:09 PM
Wow, Cleveland. You celebrate quite well.

Buffalo, congrats. You're now the most jinxed sports city.

dando
06-22-16, 08:52 PM
Wow, Cleveland. You celebrate quite well.

Except for the 'no shirt posse' and LBJ's f-bomb laced speech. :saywhat: :shakehead: :thumbdown:

Napoleon
06-23-16, 12:33 PM
Except for the 'no shirt posse' . . .

For whatever reason, I found JR Smith's decision to just go 3 days without wearing a shirt hilarious, in part because he just seem to be having more fun than anyone else on the planet while at it. From the parade route yesterday:

Napoleon
06-24-16, 07:24 AM
Except for the 'no shirt posse' . . .

Someone in the White House heard your complaint and responded. When the President called the Cav's coach yesterday to congratulate the team and invite them to the White House he made a point of mentioning “Tell J.R. and everybody to put on a shirt. You can’t be just walking around without a shirt like that for a whole week. Now Shumpert’s taking off his shirt, Kyrie’s taking off his shirt. Come on man.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/24/president-obama-urges-cavaliers-coach-ty-lue-to-get-j-r-smith-to-put-on-a-shirt/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/obama-jr-smith-shirt

dando
06-24-16, 09:41 AM
Someone in the White House heard your complaint and responded. When the President called the Cav's coach yesterday to congratulate the team and invite them to the White House he made a point of mentioning “Tell J.R. and everybody to put on a shirt. You can’t be just walking around without a shirt like that for a whole week. Now Shumpert’s taking off his shirt, Kyrie’s taking off his shirt. Come on man.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/24/president-obama-urges-cavaliers-coach-ty-lue-to-get-j-r-smith-to-put-on-a-shirt/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/obama-jr-smith-shirt

Word. Decorum is the proper word. Also to set the appropriate example for the yoots </MyCousinVinny> watching.

On the good side...

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/23/boy-with-spina-bifida-gets-a-lift-from-cavs-jr-smith/

:thumbup:

Gnam
06-24-16, 11:57 AM
Look at all those nice shirts. :p

http://s33.postimg.org/7aclstd9b/zz02mda1ntnkotyyzgq4zda1ztzmmtk0otfkmmi3ytfknw_e.j pg

To be fair to the Cavs, there's no local example for them to follow on how to celebrate properly.
But the precedent has been set. Let it be known that if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl, the entire city of Cleveland can run around shirtless. :gomer: