PDA

View Full Version : TV Viewing - Post Sopranos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Opposite Lock
02-23-14, 11:47 PM
"The Celery Incident". 11 of the funniest, best-written, and best acted moments that I have ever seen on tv:

http://www.ifc.com/portlandia/videos/portlandia-the-celery-incident

Teaser for the new season of Portlandia, which starts this week. :thumbup:

Buscemi. :rofl:

Gnam
02-24-14, 12:37 AM
:D

Don't trust corn.

Gnam
02-27-14, 05:14 PM
Once is chance, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend.

2010: Top Gear visits Syria. Syria revolts.
2013: Top Gear visits Ukraine. Ukraine revolts.

where are they going next? :gomer:

Gnam
03-05-14, 02:01 PM
I'm re-watching my recordings of Justified from last season.
Saw an episode last night. The bad guy, Boyd, is very entertaining.

Gnam
03-29-14, 07:12 PM
They are turning the movie Fargo into a tv show on the FX channel.

I don't know if it'll be watchable, but they hired a great cast for comedy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

Gnam
03-29-14, 07:16 PM
Once is chance, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend.

2010: Top Gear visits Syria. Syria revolts.
2013: Top Gear visits Ukraine. Ukraine revolts.

where are they going next? :gomer:
2014 Burma? The Golden Triangle? Seriously?
That's no fair. They already have a civil war. That ruins my whole thesis.

cameraman
03-29-14, 08:42 PM
2014 Burma? The Golden Triangle? Seriously?
That's no fair. They already have a civil war. That ruins my whole thesis.

The bridge is in Thailand. Just sayin'.

KLang
04-17-14, 07:44 AM
Did anyone here watch Orphan Black last year? I just got done with season one. What an amazing job by actress Tatiana Maslany. Season two starts this weekend. I may save them up to power watch again.

Insomniac
04-17-14, 12:11 PM
Did anyone here watch Orphan Black last year? I just got done with season one. What an amazing job by actress Tatiana Maslany. Season two starts this weekend. I may save them up to power watch again.

I did. I thought it was really good and definitely a talented actress. It's really cool how she is able to introduce subtle nuance as well. Anna Torv did it on Fringe, but this is a new level with more characters and she also has to do odd stuff where she has to be one character acting like another one she already plays.

stroker
04-17-14, 01:15 PM
I just finished the third season of "Sherlock". What a fabulous series. My only gripe is that sometimes I can't understand the dialog no matter how loud I turn up the volume.

Can't wait for the next season.

Anyone got feedback for the just-ended season of "Justified"?

G.
04-17-14, 01:20 PM
Anyone got feedback for the just-ended season of "Justified"?

You mean feedback like, "Alicia Witt is trailer-park HOT!"?

KLang
04-17-14, 01:24 PM
I did. I thought it was really good and definitely a talented actress. It's really cool how she is able to introduce subtle nuance as well. Anna Torv did it on Fringe, but this is a new level with more characters and she also has to do odd stuff where she has to be one character acting like another one she already plays.

Yes, I'd forgotten Fringe doing a little of this.

What knocks me out is Sarah and Alison look the same but move so completely different.

Also great to see Matt Frewer again.

indyfan31
04-17-14, 01:42 PM
You mean feedback like, "Alicia Witt is trailer-park HOT!"?

I'll second that. :thumbup:

Haven't seen the last two episodes yet but this season seemed a bit scattered, like Raylan was going in all directions at once and getting nothing done. That said the dialog is still fantastic.

Insomniac
04-17-14, 04:22 PM
I'll second that. :thumbup:

Haven't seen the last two episodes yet but this season seemed a bit scattered, like Raylan was going in all directions at once and getting nothing done. That said the dialog is still fantastic.

The writers said the same thing. The middle wasn't very good. It seems like part of this season was really just trying to set up the final season but still needing 13 episodes.

stroker
04-17-14, 06:57 PM
The writers said the same thing. The middle wasn't very good. It seems like part of this season was really just trying to set up the final season but still needing 13 episodes.

I thought this WAS the final season? Is there one more to go?

Insomniac
04-18-14, 12:06 PM
I thought this WAS the final season? Is there one more to go?

Yup, there is one more. Season 6 will be it. It would be pretty unsatisfying if there wasn't one more. They set it up that way at the end.

nrc
04-27-14, 11:37 PM

We recorded season one on the lead up to the new season. We're only a few episodes but so far I'm really enjoying the story and overall Maslany does a great job with the different characters. But there are a few shared verbal mannerisms that kind of annoy me, yeah?

KLang
04-28-14, 10:27 AM
But there are a few shared verbal mannerisms that kind of annoy me, yeah?

Don't think I noticed that. I'll pay attention when I watch season two.

Now I'm half way through season one of Syfy's Defiance. OK so far but the wild west storyline might get tedious. Jaime Murray bathing scenes :thumbup:

TravelGal
04-28-14, 11:10 AM
I'm starting to think the *husband* on Blacklist is the most chilling character on TV. They softened James Spader's character down to shadow of what he was, maybe to leave only one really creepy guy. We're a couple of eps behind though so no spoilers please.

Gnam
04-28-14, 12:22 PM
Now I'm half way through season one of Syfy's Defiance. OK so far but the wild west storyline might get tedious.
Something about this one feels different. Good omens in the first episode included a Johnny Cash song, Mark Wahlberg’s mom from Four Brothers, battle mechs, and a giant alien with a tiny dog.

If this pans out, then I might actually stop calling SyFy ‘Siffy’. Probably not, though.

Season 2 starts June 19th.

Gnam
04-28-14, 12:24 PM
Longmire returns June 2nd.

Gnam
05-12-14, 08:46 PM
Back. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0g3q_4kZnU

Gnam
05-19-14, 05:14 PM

This one's a bit of a stretch, but I'm counting it... ;)

2008: Top Gear goes to Vietnam. --> 2014: Vietnam riots over Chinese aggression. China moves troops to the Vietnam border.

"We do not make trouble, but we are not afraid of trouble," Gen. Fang Fenghui, the chief of the general staff of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA), said Thursday during a visit to the United States.

"In matters of territory, our attitude is firm. We won't give an inch," Fang said after meeting U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/19/world/asia/vietnam-china-tensions/

stroker
05-19-14, 08:38 PM
I am about to sit down to the last two episodes of "Breaking Bad".

Yum.

Dvdb
05-19-14, 10:22 PM
Really? six months later and finally the end of BB?

Arguably the best ending ever.

Spoiler alert....

There will be blood.

Gnam
05-19-14, 10:42 PM
Boom.

Thai army declares martial law

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/05/19/thailand-army-coup/9309929/

stroker
05-19-14, 11:20 PM
Really? six months later and finally the end of BB?

Arguably the best ending ever.

Spoiler alert....

There will be blood.

Watching the entirety of Breaking Bad while in the middle of a divorce makes it very, very poignant.

I has a sad...

G.
05-20-14, 07:39 AM
Watching the entirety of Breaking Bad while in the middle of a divorce makes it very, very poignant.

I has a sad...

Ouch. Someone shoulda waved you offa that one.

Legit is kaput. They never really figured out what to do with it.

Is Louie going too serious? I'm not sure yet if I enjoy serious-uncomfortable as much as humorous-uncomfortable. :confused:

Andrew Longman
05-20-14, 11:32 AM
IMO Louie is about the best tv there is. The fact that it makes me uncomfortable and never totally sure if I should be serious or laugh is part of the genius. And that he may dedicate 12 minutes of the program to a single scene (even a single shot) that has nothing to do with the rest of the show is often very cool. It also helps that I relate so well to him and can tell Trevor that he will be Louie in 25 years if he isn't careful. ;)

The recent "Fat Lady" episode spent I think 10 minutes in a one shot monologue on a sidewalk along the East River directed at Louie and all men about mindfulness, honesty, humanity, humility, fear, otherness and compassion. The acting, direction, casting, writing was compelling and unlike anything else on tv. I happen to think it was funny too.:)

Not just my opinion http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/05/13/heres-that-epic-mesmerizing-fat-girl-speech-from-monday-nights-louie/ and a cool interview about it... http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/12/louie-louis-ck-fat-lady-sarah-baker/

I never was drawn to Breaking Bad but fell into it around the first of the year and binge watched every season. Loved it enormously but would have been very annoyed if I had to spend five years to get the whole story.:gomer:

Gnam
05-20-14, 11:33 AM
Legit is kaput.
You bastards! :irked:

The last episode wrapped it up though. No happy endings. :thumbup:

G.
05-20-14, 06:08 PM
IMO Louie is about the best tv there is. The fact that it makes me uncomfortable and never totally sure if I should be serious or laugh is part of the genius. And that he may dedicate 12 minutes of the program to a single scene (even a single shot) that has nothing to do with the rest of the show is often very cool. It also helps that I relate so well to him and can tell Trevor that he will be Louie in 25 years if he isn't careful. ;)

The recent "Fat Lady" episode spent I think 10 minutes in a one shot monologue on a sidewalk along the East River directed at Louie and all men about mindfulness, honesty, humanity, humility, fear, otherness and compassion. The acting, direction, casting, writing was compelling and unlike anything else on tv. I happen to think it was funny too.:)

Not just my opinion

Agreed, I'm just not so sure where he's going with the daughter. I'm afraid she's going to start protecting the walkers or something.

"Just look at the flowers..." :gomer:

The "Fat Lady" is Emmy-worthy, but I'm still unsure. I FELT his anger/relief with the subway, and have probably over-reacted in the same way, just not sure if I like where it's going. MY issue, to be sure.

Haven't finished Legit, so be kind with spoilers, if you please.

Gnam
05-20-14, 07:15 PM
Louie should have chucked her into the East River, like when he threw his Christmas tree out the window.
Total guilt trip.

Bang-Bang. :laugh:

Gnam
05-22-14, 02:20 AM
Norm MacDonald wants to be the host of the CBS Late Late Show. After his performance on Conan tonight they would be crazy not to hire him. So good. :D

Elmo T
05-22-14, 08:22 AM
Amazon wants you to spend the long weekend binge-watching ‘The Wire’ (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/05/21/amazon-wants-you-to-spend-the-long-weekend-binge-watching-the-wire/)

Ah, Memorial Day weekend. Time to kick back with something sizzling on the grill, a cold drink and -- if Amazon.com has anything to say about it -- enough popcorn to accommodate an end-to-end binge-watching of "The Wire."

Now, just in time for the holiday weekend, Amazon announced Wednesday that the first wave of its content from HBO has hit its online video streaming site. The first round of shows includes the entire run of "The Sopranos," "The Wire," "Deadwood," "Rome" and "Six Feet Under," among others. Amazon is also offering a handful of episodes from other popular, ongoing series, such as "Boardwalk Empire" and "True Blood" as part of the deal, which is supposed to give the tech giant more exclusive HBO content in the coming years.

stroker
05-22-14, 10:58 AM
Amazon wants you to spend the long weekend binge-watching ‘The Wire’ (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/05/21/amazon-wants-you-to-spend-the-long-weekend-binge-watching-the-wire/)

there are far worse ways to spend the weekend than watching "The Wire". I miss Det. Bunk and Omar & company....

Insomniac
05-22-14, 12:51 PM
Norm MacDonald wants to be the host of the CBS Late Late Show. After his performance on Conan tonight they would be crazy not to hire him. So good. :D

Huge fan of his. My favorite appearance of his on Conan's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqeqsBQ0wq0

Gnam
05-22-14, 12:59 PM
These are all from last night's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHMe1bQol6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW4KWPLrnZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWDNIgM2pA

RaceGrrl
05-22-14, 01:16 PM

"Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."

Gnam
06-03-14, 02:15 AM
AMC's TURN is better than I expected. When the plot gets tired, it's still fun to hate the British. :D

I'm not sure how big the audience is going to be for AMC's nerd version of Mad Men called Halt and Catch Fire. Do kids still take computers apart, or do they just buy new ones?

Tried NBCs Crossbones. Reminds me of an 18th century version of Burn Notice but without Sam Axe.

Andrew Longman
06-03-14, 08:39 AM
I am enjoying Turn. Good characters and villains worthy of hate.

I am a bit annoyed that much of the show (as did the Revolution) takes place in Jersey, but the show was shot in VA. Helped I'm sure by the fact that our current governor ran off much of the film industry - in part because the industry players tend to contribute to the other party. So those jobs went to VA

racermike
06-04-14, 12:35 AM
Just started watching "East Bound and Down" on Amazon Prime .. already in season 3 after watching for the last 4 nights

Gnam
08-05-14, 12:38 AM
Season finale of Longmire: holy ****!

KLang
08-05-14, 12:16 PM

Unexpected twist at the end, but who shot who?

Gnam
08-08-14, 03:10 AM
The guy playing Black Jesus is good. :laugh:

http://youtu.be/sMzJ-TDuNvc

Gnam
08-19-14, 02:44 AM
Anyone watching this new show Ferguson 2 Night?

It's a little repetitive and the cast is huge, but some of the characters are great. I'm not sure who to root for, however, because both sides seem sympathetic at times. Some of those reporter characters are real clowns though. I hope they get written out soon. Their antics detract from the story quite a bit.

I hear the powers that be aren't interested in another season, but there might be spinoff shows coming soon.

nrc
08-25-14, 11:10 PM
I've been watching "The Leftovers" on HBO. This is not a cooking show. It's a strange psycho-drama about the aftermath of having 2% of the world's population suddenly disappear. At first blush it seems like the Rapture but as the story unfolds there doesn't seem to be anything particularly pious about "the departed."

The show picks up a few years later and you're left to figure out what has happened in the time since as characters deal with the trauma of the unexplained loss and the strange aftermath. The show is relentlessly dour and the pacing can be frustratingly slow as some episodes raise as many questions as they answer. But the characters are well drawn and the desire to understand what is happening to them keeps you engaged. Or at least me.

But it's walking a tightrope. As interesting as the drama has been, it will all collapse if they don't manage the mystery effectively.

stroker
08-26-14, 08:55 AM
It's a strange psycho-drama about the aftermath of having 2% of the world's population suddenly disappear. At first blush it seems like the Rapture but as the story unfolds there doesn't seem to be anything particularly pious about "the departed."

Sounds like somebody flushed the cosmic toilet... :D

Insomniac
08-26-14, 09:58 AM
I've been watching "The Leftovers" on HBO. This is not a cooking show. It's a strange psycho-drama about the aftermath of having 2% of the world's population suddenly disappear. At first blush it seems like the Rapture but as the story unfolds there doesn't seem to be anything particularly pious about "the departed."

The show picks up a few years later and you're left to figure out what has happened in the time since as characters deal with the trauma of the unexplained loss and the strange aftermath. The show is relentlessly dour and the pacing can be frustratingly slow as some episodes raise as many questions as they answer. But the characters are well drawn and the desire to understand what is happening to them keeps you engaged. Or at least me.

But it's walking a tightrope. As interesting as the drama has been, it will all collapse if they don't manage the mystery effectively.

I thought I read somewhere that they have no plan to explain the vanishing.

nrc
08-26-14, 03:56 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they have no plan to explain the vanishing.

That's what I mean by "managing the mystery." I think you can get away with maintaining a mystery, but you can't appear to be making things up as you go along.

KLang
08-28-14, 06:27 PM

Longmire Canceled (http://deadline.com/2014/08/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-will-be-shopped-elsewhere-826379/) :flaming:

At least there is the possibility of someone else picking it up.

Gnam
08-28-14, 07:11 PM
Dang it. There is more awesome in that show than most networks.
I mean it's got Starbuck AND RoboCop, and they're not even the main characters. :cry:

http://s29.postimg.org/6mib7hypz/longmire_the_dark_road_promo_425x225.jpg

On the other hand, just when SciFi's Defiance was petering out, they bring in Sarah Connor. Good times.
:terminator thumbs up:

http://s30.postimg.org/59w0rl1jl/Terminator_Thumbs_Up.jpg

Dvdb
08-28-14, 11:24 PM
Mindless entertainment: Drunk History

Historical entertainment: Gunslingers

Insomniac
08-29-14, 06:26 PM
That's what I mean by "managing the mystery." I think you can get away with maintaining a mystery, but you can't appear to be making things up as you go along.

Ohhh, OK. Or pretend that the audience hasn't figured it out and then prove them right. :)

G.
09-07-14, 02:04 AM
I've been watching "The Leftovers" on HBO.
Amazon original program, The After.

A new Amazon Original Series: From Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files. Eight strangers are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation. More episodes coming soon exclusively on Prime Instant Video.

Just watched the pilot, new episodes to follow sometime. It could be great, or they could muck it up.

Reminds me of The Leftovers.

Also, it's time to pick the next Amazon series. They have abt 5 pilots up for free viewing.

stroker
09-07-14, 11:07 PM
Just started watching Boardwalk Empire. So far I like it.

nrc
09-07-14, 11:36 PM
Just started watching Boardwalk Empire. So far I like it.

From the beginning, I presume? I've enjoyed it as a period piece even though I'm not a big fan of gangster dramas. This is the final season and I think it's probably good timing to wrap it up.

Meanwhile, I started watching "Under the Dome" from the beginning earlier this summer. About half way through the first season I started to lose interest. I'm into the beginning of the current season and I figure I'll give it a few more episodes.

stroker
09-08-14, 12:46 PM
From the beginning, I presume? I've enjoyed it as a period piece even though I'm not a big fan of gangster dramas. This is the final season and I think it's probably good timing to wrap it up.

Yes, Disc 1.

Has anyone watched the series "Rome"? Opinions?

Insomniac
09-08-14, 01:30 PM
Yes, Disc 1.

Has anyone watched the series "Rome"? Opinions?

I liked Rome, but IIRC it was canceled because it was costly to produce so it just ends unfortunately. While talking about HBO shows, I thought Carnivale was good also, but it too suffered the same fate.

Gnam
09-08-14, 01:50 PM
Best Saturday Night Live sketch in years. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxjCJxfECD8

stroker
09-23-14, 10:53 PM
Just started watching "House of Cards". I love Kevin Spacey.

Gnam
10-13-14, 04:24 PM
The Walking Dead season premier was very good. :thumbup:

nrc
10-14-14, 03:46 AM
The Walking Dead season premier was very good. :thumbup:

Yeah, they're definitely not messing around this season. :eek:

Gotham has been good and I'm looking forward to Constantine.

Elmo T
10-14-14, 03:13 PM
Yeah, they're definitely not messing around this season. :eek:

My 11YO put it on from the DVR during breakfast yesterday AM. :eek::saywhat::rofl:

Gnam
10-14-14, 03:48 PM
Now that other people are the biggest threat, the series reminds me of post apocalyptic movies like 'The Road' or 'The Book of Eli', where the danger and violence is personal and directed. The walkers are more like a natural disaster; they attack indiscriminately. Now it's war.

http://s23.postimg.org/wtntjvvmj/rambo_first_blood_movie_quote_survive_war.jpg

Gnam
10-21-14, 06:34 PM
The SyFy channel has two science fiction shows. :irked:

KLang
10-21-14, 07:31 PM
The SyFy channel has two science fiction shows. :irked:

Which ones do you count as science fiction? Haven is the only one on now I can think of and it doesn't really fit my definition of science fiction.

There is a bunch of new stuff coming in the next year or two though. :thumbup:

Gnam
10-22-14, 12:32 PM
I was thinking of 'Defiance' and 'Warehouse 13', but I remembered they cancelled Warehouse 13 in May. 'Haven' is based on a Stephen King story, so I guess it qualifies, but it's more supernatural than science fiction. The channel is mostly zombies, wrestling, and reality shows. :thumbdown:

Gnam
10-22-14, 12:47 PM
Ever wonder how much a 1982 John Deere 4450 tractor is worth at auction?
'Machinery Pete' on the RFD-TV channel has the answer.

It's like those classic car auction shows Speed TV used to air. But, instead of retired guys in Hawaiian shirts, the crowd are all farmers wearing work clothes. Very interesting.

KLang
10-22-14, 01:24 PM
I was thinking of 'Defiance' and 'Warehouse 13', but I remembered they cancelled Warehouse 13 in May. 'Haven' is based on a Stephen King story, so I guess it qualifies, but it's more supernatural than science fiction. The channel is mostly zombies, wrestling, and reality shows. :thumbdown:

There is also Continuum. Agree though it has been slim pickings the last few years.

Coming up is 12 monkeys, Ascension, Dark Matter and The Expanse.

Gnam
11-12-14, 08:30 PM
'Married' on FX: I like all the actors, but that show is such a bummer. :saywhat:

'Benched' on USA: Night Court 2.0 :)

'Vietnam in HD' on the History channel: :thumbup:
My stomach started to sink during the bit about the troop level escalation and the Pentagon's battle plan to focus on enemy body count rather than holding territory. :(

TravelGal
11-13-14, 07:52 AM
On the lighter side, I'm getting quite a kick out of Forever. It's fluff but good fluff. The writing is reasonably decent most episodes. Judd Hirsch is fine and I'd follow Ioan Gruffudd to the ends of the earth.

G.
12-10-14, 02:57 PM
(Semi-spoilers for Sons of Anarchy)

I wish this show would figure out what it wanted to be.

You get a person burned alive in front of a Son, a person executed by beat-down in prison (whoa!), a girl fight, a tranny for comic relief, and a Disney girl as a whore. Then they interrupt all this great stuff with people talking about how that makes them feel. :yuck: Now with added voice-overs!
Be a soap opera, or be the Shield on bikes. Not both.
Rant:

I haven't watched it yet, but I sincerely hope that the Series-ending episode consisted of an hour-and-a-half of Jax screaming in a Conflagration of Earnestness, Family and Brotherhood. Nonstop agony and fear. With added Smell-o-Vision!

I hope that all of the writers, especially Kurt Sutter, never work in entertainment again.

With a couple of exceptions, I hope that the lead actors never work in entertainment again. Smits, Segal, Hunnam, Callie, Rossi, etc., need to find another line of work. They need to extract their revenge on the writers and directors first.
Maybe Mateo, Coates and Rossi can salvage something out of their lives, if they forget everything they learned on the show.
When Courtney Love and Marilyn Effing Manson provide your season's best acting, you're in the wrong field. :flaming:

/Rant:

(I fell distant from SoA for a few seasons, started watching it this year much closer, since it's the last of it. What a horrible waste of time. It bugs me, since the show could have been one of the greats, up there with The Wire, The Shield, Justified... So much talent, force-fed into Days Of Our Lives.)

:gomer:

dando
12-24-14, 02:11 PM
No idea if I posted this previously, but Seinfeld's series on Crackle started a new season a few weeks ago:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

It's not TeeVee, but this is that age of cord cutters, so your internets is TeeVee in many cases.

This week is a roadie with Fallon in a SWEET 'vette circa 1954. Note: no seat belts. And then a boat ride in a vintage Whaler. I wonder if he borrows the rides for this show from Leno. ;)

TravelGal
12-24-14, 02:56 PM
Nice try but you're getting me to watch Seinfeld. HAHAHAHA. :p

dando
12-24-14, 03:27 PM
Nice try but you're getting me to watch Seinfeld. HAHAHAHA. :p

Seinfeld + Larry David == life lesson goodness :)

Seinfeld + hot cars + coffee + comedians == greatness :D

Seinfeld was on The Tonight Show last night and did stand up for a bit. It was about 'things'...kinda like Carlin on 'stuff'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfYzlSNHapA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Just flipping :cool:. Like many of the comedy greats (Seinfeld, Leno, Williams, Ellen, etc.), he just shows up every once in awhile in a club and does a set spontaneously. Also like The Boss appearing unannounced in NJ shore dives. Brian Williams was recently inducted into the NJ HoF (no idea they had such a thing) and The Boss introduced him. Williams spoke about hanging out in those places to see if The Boss would appear, and how much beer $$$ he could have saved. :)

Anyway, I highly recommend educating yourself by getting/renting Seinfeld and Curb. 20 years old and still timeless. :thumbup:

Gnam
12-24-14, 04:10 PM
Season 4 of 'Longmire' will run on Netflix in 2015. :thumbup:

http://deadline.com/2014/11/netflix-picks-up-longmire-1201289364/

KLang
12-24-14, 04:34 PM
Season 4 of 'Longmire' will run on Netflix in 2015. :thumbup:

http://deadline.com/2014/11/netflix-picks-up-longmire-1201289364/

Thanks, I had not read this before:

The cast members, led by Robert Taylor and Katee Sackhoff, have all made their deals for Season 4.

Will be my first excursion into Netflix.

dando
12-24-14, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=KLang;329582

Will be my first excursion into Netflix.[/QUOTE]

Srsly? I've been a member since 1999. I've seen the good, bad and ugly from Reed Hastings & co. I posted that on FB (IIRC) and I received a comment back from someone that they had no idea NF was that old. Damn, I'm gettin' old... ;)

KLang
12-24-14, 05:08 PM
Srsly? I've been a member since 1999. I've seen the good, bad and ugly from Reed Hastings & co. I posted that on FB (IIRC) and I received a comment back from someone that they had no idea NF was that old. Damn, I'm gettin' old... ;)

Up until now I've been able to get everything I want via Apple TV, Amazon and Xfinity On Demand.

dando
12-24-14, 05:23 PM
Up until now I've been able to get everything I want via Apple TV, Amazon and Xfinity On Demand.

I have a WiFi chip in my head. ;) Which explains my insomnia... Anyway, I tried to explain the Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku stick, smart TV with NF, Amazon, Hulu, etc. to my step-dad the other night. #eyesglazedover :saywhat: ;) I refuse to do OD via TWC. I dislike the pissing contest between the studios and NF/Redbox with the embargo for new releases. I used to have it down to a science to put new releases in my queue, return DVDs, and get them same day or the day after release. Unpossible these days due to the embargo now. :irked:

KLang
12-24-14, 06:07 PM
I have a WiFi chip in my head. ;) Which explains my insomnia... Anyway, I tried to explain the Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku stick, smart TV with NF, Amazon, Hulu, etc. to my step-dad the other night. #eyesglazedover :saywhat: ;) I refuse to do OD via TWC. I dislike the pissing contest between the studios and NF/Redbox with the embargo for new releases. I used to have it down to a science to put new releases in my queue, return DVDs, and get them same day or the day after release. Unpossible these days due to the embargo now. :irked:

Picked up a Fire Stick just for grins since it was only $19 through Prime. Impressive little device for the money. Not sure how much I will use it unless I get an additional TV. TV and Blu-Ray player both have Netflix and Amazon plus the Apple TV does Netflix as well.

I've been quite impressed with Xfinity's On Demand options although I usually DVR everything anyway. The night of the Ferguson riots several recordings go clobbered. Couple days later I deleted the ruined recordings and watched them via On Demand. Plus it's all available through an app on the iPad away from home.

nrc
12-25-14, 12:15 AM
No idea if I posted this previously, but Seinfeld's series on Crackle started a new season a few weeks ago:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

It's not TeeVee, but this is that age of cord cutters, so your internets is TeeVee in many cases.

This week is a roadie with Fallon in a SWEET 'vette circa 1954. Note: no seat belts. And then a boat ride in a vintage Whaler. I wonder if he borrows the rides for this show from Leno. ;)

They credit the source for the cars at the end of the show. A lot of the Porsches and VWs are Sienfeld's (Columbus 81 Productions). Others have come from a variety places but I haven't seen Leno or his Big Dog Garage mentioned. Love the Boss Mustang in the Bill Burr episode.

chop456
12-26-14, 02:43 AM
The cast members, led by Robert Taylor and Katee Sackhoff..

She needs to marry Ashton Kutcher and hyphenate her last name.

dando
12-26-14, 06:35 AM
They credit the source for the cars at the end of the show. A lot of the Porsches and VWs are Sienfeld's (Columbus 81 Productions). Others have come from a variety places but I haven't seen Leno or his Big Dog Garage mentioned. Love the Boss Mustang in the Bill Burr episode.

You should know better. Linky required.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/bill-burr-smoking-past-the-band

Yadda, yadda yadaa....

''NFL package...no wife...crushing it.'

'Smoke it beyond the band.' == life lesson

:)

G.
12-31-14, 11:21 PM

Did a binge on Orphan this Christmas season. Streamed season 1 on Amazon, got season 2 ready to go - not included with Prime. :flaming:

If I gotta pay for it, I'll get the plastic discs. DVDs purchased. :thumbup:
Just finished season 2. Tatiana is really good, no question.

Writing needs a little kick, though.

I'm kinda sick of EVERY FREAKING character being maybe-good, maybe-bad. Overused technique is overused.

EDIT: looking forward to S3. Don't let my whining convince anyone that I don't like the show.
Extras have a segment on Katherine (?), Tatiana's body double/acting foil. Nice to throw her a bone, since she works about as hard as Tatiana.

KLang
01-07-15, 12:53 AM
Agent Carter worth checking out if you have enjoyed the rest of the Marvel stuff. :thumbup: I think the seven episode series will be too short. Pleasant surprise, to me, appearance by Lyndsy Fonseca from Nikita. :)

TKGAngel
02-09-15, 10:03 PM
ESPN put out another good 30 for 30 last night with 'Of Miracles & Men' which focused on the Miracle on Ice game from the Russian side. The two hours was almost worth it just to listen to the differences in play by play between the Soviet media and Al Michaels & Ken Dryden.

Next month's documentary sounds good as well: I Hate Christian Laettner.

Dvdb
02-10-15, 12:34 AM
Yea, I really enjoyed the 30 for 30 last night. At least the first hour until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Need to finish it off the DVR.

Anyone in on Better Call Saul?

G.
02-10-15, 12:51 AM
If you're in the mood for some unashamed ultraviolence with pretty nekkid bodies, there's Banshee. It's amazing how quickly the lead actor heals after getting the ever living hell beat out of him on a weekly basis. :laugh:

I get the feeling the writers gave up and don't try anymore. There have been some comically graphic fights, with a Jackie Chan flair. The car fight between the spooky assassin and the babe assassin was great, even with the manual trachea removal at the end.

It's pretty twisted at times.:D

KLang
02-10-15, 02:53 AM
If you're in the mood for some unashamed ultraviolence with pretty nekkid bodies, there's Banshee.

I discovered Banshee last year. :cool: Mindless fun.

I'm waiting until I have most of this season recorded before I watch. Perfect show for binge watching. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
02-10-15, 10:26 AM
Anyone in on Better Call Saul?I came to Breaking Bad very late... like the last two episodes were showing, then binge watch the whole series over about a week. Loved it. Complex and developed characters, great plot twists, science... well, you know.

The first two episodes of Saul weren't as good, but I need to give more time to let the plot develop I suppose. The show I think is bound to be more comical from what I can tell. I am not sure Saul can really work as a main role to carry the show. There are not enough dimensions and contradictions I am afraid.

But we'll see :)

dando
02-10-15, 06:55 PM
ESPN put out another good 30 for 30 last night with 'Of Miracles & Men' which focused on the Miracle on Ice game from the Russian side. The two hours was almost worth it just to listen to the differences in play by play between the Soviet media and Al Michaels & Ken Dryden.

Next month's documentary sounds good as well: I Hate Christian Laettner.

Loves me some 30 for 30. Great take on The Miracle on Ice from the other side. :thumbup: I wasn't sure what to expect going into it.

KLang
02-12-15, 02:17 PM
If you're in the mood for some unashamed ultraviolence with pretty nekkid bodies, there's Banshee. It's amazing how quickly the lead actor heals after getting the ever living hell beat out of him on a weekly basis. :laugh:

I get the feeling the writers gave up and don't try anymore. There have been some comically graphic fights, with a Jackie Chan flair. The car fight between the spooky assassin and the babe assassin was great, even with the manual trachea removal at the end.

It's pretty twisted at times.:D

Banshee picked up for season 4. :thumbup:

dando
03-06-15, 04:45 PM
OK. So I forced myself to watch the 'new' Odd Couple. Shoot. Me. Now. Whoever green lighted this should be shot. Period. You cannot replace Klugman and Randall. Just like you cannot replace Matthau and Lemmon. What the hell these idiots would do to Archie Bunker might make me jump off the roof. Srsly? :saywhat:

Gnam
03-06-15, 04:59 PM
'Sirens' on USA: very silly

'Cristela' on ABC: reminds me of 'Roseanne'

'Battle Creek' on CBS: Lance White and Jim Rockford

stroker
03-06-15, 05:27 PM
just finished "Boardwalk Empire"....

Is the moral to the story really "No good deed goes unpunished"?

SteveH
03-06-15, 05:35 PM
If you're Jonsing for some new Seinfield, some of these plots look like they could have been the real thing...

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedditWritesSeinfeld

For example

Jerry's girlfriend dyes her hair too often. Elaine's boyfriend is on a popular weight loss infomercial as the before/after guy. Kramer markets his new toupee to people who aren't balding. George's girlfriend shaves her head for a cancer charity, and he's convinced she did it to mock him.

:thumbup:

KLang
03-06-15, 06:33 PM
Did a binge on Orphan this Christmas season. Streamed season 1 on Amazon, got season 2 ready to go - not included with Prime. :flaming:

Did you know Season 2 is in Prime now?

They added it right after I paid to rewatch season 2 in 4K. :irked:

KLang
03-06-15, 06:34 PM
Bosch on Amazon. :thumbup:

I don't watch many cop shows but this one was good.

Almost forgot, 12 Monkeys on SyFy is great!

Gnam
03-10-15, 06:42 PM
Top Gear will not air next week because Clarkson has been suspended. :(
It would be funny if they hired Piers Morgan to replace him for an episode.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.
The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.
At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040