PDA

View Full Version : TV Viewing - Post Sopranos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

TravelGal
10-10-12, 09:06 PM
Anything new grabbing anyone's attention? Lost on the Submarine? Terra Nova in New York? Vegas on Horseback? Anything?

In reviewing the new offerings, it all looked pretty bleak to me.

stroker
10-10-12, 10:17 PM
I'm re-watching my recordings of Justified from last season.

Indy
10-10-12, 10:47 PM
New Bourdain series coming on PBS.

G.
10-11-12, 08:07 AM
Chicago Fire has all of the promise to turn into Grey's Lobotomy within 3 episodes or so. (Boo!)
WTF is with the dramatic music rumbling under all the dialog?

(Semi-spoilers for Sons of Anarchy)

I wish this show would figure out what it wanted to be.

You get a person burned alive in front of a Son, a person executed by beat-down in prison (whoa!), a girl fight, a tranny for comic relief, and a Disney girl as a whore. Then they interrupt all this great stuff with people talking about how that makes them feel. :yuck: Now with added voice-overs!
Be a soap opera, or be the Shield on bikes. Not both.

extramundane
10-11-12, 08:14 AM

Looks good: http://eater.com/archives/2012/10/10/watch-a-preview-of-mind-of-a-chef-anthony-bourdains-new-pbs-show.php

He's also moving shop to CNN for 2013. New show will apparently be No Reservations with a bigger budget and the ability to go places Travel wouldn't let him. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
10-11-12, 08:29 AM

Do we have to borrow money from China to watch it? runs. :p

chop456
10-11-12, 08:38 AM
Looks good: http://eater.com/archives/2012/10/10/watch-a-preview-of-mind-of-a-chef-anthony-bourdains-new-pbs-show.php

If nothing else, I like the sidebar ad on that page.

nrc
10-11-12, 10:43 AM
Do we have to borrow money from China to watch it? runs. :p

You can run, but you can't hide. Don't make me use this thing.

KLang
10-11-12, 12:01 PM
I'm recording Revolution and Last Resort. Haven't watched any of Revolution yet but Last Resort is OK. I do hope they have the ending of Last Resort figured out, I don't expect more than one season.

Finally got around to season 1 of Homeland recently. Great show, trying to watch the new season with less delay. Also started the first season of Person of Interest and enjoying that as well.

nrc
10-11-12, 12:45 PM
The Walking Dead returns this weekend. Awesome.

http://thehumanscorch.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ricktatorship.jpg

Gnam
10-11-12, 01:20 PM
Foyle's War on PBS.
Blue Bloods on CBS.

Louie is still killing it on FX.

iKzAPYow_0E

extramundane
10-11-12, 01:34 PM
Louie is still killing it on FX.

The last 4 or so episodes just killed me, in a good way.

Andrew Longman
10-11-12, 02:34 PM
Louie is still killing it on FX.I am glad I am not alone. IMO the most genuine and creative shat on the boob tube.

The best thing is the time he will give a scene to draw you in and make it work. The violin piece is a case in point. No one is that patient with a scene.

I guess he is taking next year off though. Will return in 2014 after he recharges creative bodily fluids.

Rogue Leader
10-11-12, 02:42 PM
I'm recording Revolution and Last Resort. Haven't watched any of Revolution yet but Last Resort is OK. I do hope they have the ending of Last Resort figured out, I don't expect more than one season.

Finally got around to season 1 of Homeland recently. Great show, trying to watch the new season with less delay. Also started the first season of Person of Interest and enjoying that as well.

I like Last Resort, but theres very little buzz around it. It feels like "Flash Forward" all over again. I hope they build an ending because i loved FF and screamed at the TV when the season/series end left it wide open.

stroker
10-11-12, 04:15 PM
Any "Fringe-o-philes" here?

TravelGal
10-11-12, 04:22 PM

MEMEMEMEMEMEME ME! Some of the plot lines were a bit out there--even for them--but I think John Noble is one of the world's underrated actors. Discovering Anna Torv's range has been an eye-opener too. I can't imagine any of them will ever enjoy a single role with as many types of characters as they have with Fringe.

KLang
10-11-12, 04:24 PM
No Fringe spoilers please. I may catch up this weekend. Final season is supposed to be a wild ride. :D

TravelGal
10-11-12, 04:34 PM
I like Last Resort, but theres very little buzz around it. It feels like "Flash Forward" all over again. I hope they build an ending because i loved FF and screamed at the TV when the season/series end left it wide open.

Last Resort had a huge build up on the LA airwaves but I haven't heard much lately. I have been there much lately either.

Often the show itself doesn't know whether it's ending or not when they wrap for the year. Seems to me Fast Forward thought they were going to be renewed. Unless it's a turkey like Terra Nova, it's tough to know how to handle that last episode. I loved Missing (fabulous locations) and their last episode showed they figured they were gonners....but just in case.......!

Rogue Leader
10-11-12, 04:45 PM

Love it. Great show but I am glad they are ending it, don't want it to end up going all X-Files and getting goofy. Sometimes a show just runs its course.

Last Resort had a huge build up on the LA airwaves but I haven't heard much lately. I have been there much lately either.

Often the show itself doesn't know whether it's ending or not when they wrap for the year. Seems to me Fast Forward thought they were going to be renewed. Unless it's a turkey like Terra Nova, it's tough to know how to handle that last episode. I loved Missing (fabulous locations) and their last episode showed they figured they were gonners....but just in case.......!

Yeah thats very true, ABC just screwed that show up from the beginning with the big gaps and stuff. Sometimes a show knows when its gonna be killed off so they either run a "just in case" kinda ending or they at least give the writers a week or two to come up with something. I hope they at least do that.

cameraman
10-11-12, 05:06 PM
Dr Who's five show fall "season" just wrapped up. Now we get to wait another six months...

Gnam
12-13-12, 01:19 PM
Anyone notice quieter commercials?

The CALM Act, which limits the volume of TV commercials, goes into effect on Thursday.

CALM stands for Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation. The act is designed to prevent TV commercials from blaring at louder volumes than the program content they accompany.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/television/article/Shhhh-A-new-law-says-TV-ads-can-t-blare-anymore-4113022.php

Does this mean no more "Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!" monster truck show ads?

dando
12-13-12, 01:49 PM
Anyone notice quieter commercials?

Does this mean no more "Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!" monster truck show ads?

I generally watch stuff on the DVR except sports, so I don't see many ads. I'll know better this weekend. And yes, it should (in theory).

-Kevin

dando
12-13-12, 02:32 PM
Just catching the beginning of the 121212 Concert. Good show despite Jagger's joke that went over like a fart in church. Roger Waters and Eddie Vedder jamming. Priceless. Of old the old English guys they had, I wish Plant, Page and John Paul would have been there. :thumbup: :thumbup: Well worth the C note I could finally donate this AM. Web site and call center were swamped last night.

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-25-12, 12:47 PM
So half the TV season is gone. What are people liking?

I liked (in no particular order, but grouped by network):

Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Homeland
Boss (Canceled)
Covert Affairs
Major Crimes
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Mac almost convinced me evolution wasn't real. ;))
The League
The Walking Dead
Modern Family
The Good Wife
2 Broke Girls
Big Bang Theory
Elementary
Arrow
Supernatural
New Girl
The Mindy Project
Fringe
The Office
Parks and Recreation

I'm down on the new season of American Horror Story, but am still watching it. Mixed feelings on Revolution, but kind of like FlashFoward I'm on the ride until the end.

Looking forward to Archer, Justified, Arrested Development (Netflix) and Game of Thrones.

cameraman
12-25-12, 01:59 PM
How on earth do you have enough time to watch that many shows? I must be totally inefficient at everything that I do because there are nowhere near enough hours in my day...

KLang
12-25-12, 02:31 PM
I've been more or less keeping up with:

Castle
Last Resort
Person of Interest
Haven
Nikita
Homeland

Just starting watching Revolution yesterday. Flawed but I'll probably continue.

Recorded and waiting:

Warehouse 13
Strike Back (2 seasons)
Boss (2 seasons)
Doctor Who
Fringe
Alphas (may never watch, I'm mad at SyFy over Stargate)

Looking forward to the return of:

Body of Proof
Falling Skies
Longmire
Touch

TKGAngel
12-25-12, 03:28 PM
I love New Girl. Regarding The Mindy Project, I can't shake the feeling that I'm watching Mindy Kaling play herself rather than a character and that kind of tempers my enjoyment of the show.

Arrow & Nashville have been pleasant surprises, and Parenthood continues to tug at my heartstrings.

I'm also reluctant to admit this, but I've gotten hooked on NCIS and NCIS LA. They both bring the eye candy.

I received Season 1 of GoT from Santa, so I can't wait to dive in and see how it's different from the book.

Insomniac
12-25-12, 06:21 PM
How on earth do you have enough time to watch that many shows? I must be totally inefficient at everything that I do because there are nowhere near enough hours in my day...

Well, they aren't all on at the same time, but it adds up to like 13-14 hours a week. I usually only watch in the evenings when I'm home. So that's a few hours if I'm in. Pretty easy I guess. :)

Gnam
12-28-12, 02:48 AM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Mac almost convinced me evolution wasn't real. ;))
You don't want to be one of those science bitches do you? :laugh:

http://s2.postimage.org/6ggl9punt/sunny_sciencebitch.gif

Insomniac
12-28-12, 12:10 PM

:rofl: I tried to find a video to make cameraman question evolution as well, but no luck. :(

Elmo T
12-31-12, 12:04 PM
Verizon has picked up Me TV (http://metvnetwork.com/).

I've been watching Emergency (:gomer:), Rockford Files, Wild Wild West :thumbup::thumbup:, Twilight Zone.

dando
12-31-12, 12:16 PM

I've been watching Emergency (:gomer:), Rockford Files, Wild Wild West :thumbup::thumbup:, Twilight Zone.

Back in the day, my Friday nights were spent @ my grandparents watching Emergency, Rockford and Barreta.

And some idiot I know pulled a 'Rockford' by turfing the HS lawn after the senior party. He got busted by the AD/football coach, and received a suspension. I plead the 5th.

:gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-31-12, 02:25 PM

I've been known to do the same. My wife gives me crap pointing out their apparent demographic from the commercials for denture cream, adult diapers, and Life Alert. :gomer:

Gnam
01-02-13, 02:43 AM
So far, so good on Portlandia.

l2LBICPEK6w

Great show. Saw the New Year's Day marathon, and I am no longer a dumb bitch. :laugh:
It's way better than anything on Comedy Central.

feeA-Dr0XGw

Racing Truth
01-03-13, 03:21 PM
I've been more or less keeping up with:

Castle
Last Resort
Person of Interest
Haven
Nikita
Homeland

Just starting watching Revolution yesterday. Flawed but I'll probably continue.

Recorded and waiting:

Warehouse 13
Strike Back (2 seasons)
Boss (2 seasons)
Doctor Who
Fringe
Alphas (may never watch, I'm mad at SyFy over Stargate)

Looking forward to the return of:

Body of Proof
Falling Skies
Longmire
Touch

If you're already watching/dabbling in Haven & WH13, you're doing yourself a disservice not watching Alphas, the best of the three. More serious, w/ complicated characters. Oh, and Summer Glau guest appearances.;)

TravelGal
01-03-13, 05:05 PM
If you're already watching/dabbling in Haven & WH13, you're doing yourself a disservice not watching Alphas, the best of the three. More serious, w/ complicated characters. Oh, and Summer Glau guest appearances.;)

Ugh, I was afraid of that. The promos all looked great. Not having been home much of the last four months, I couldn't start taping anything new, however. I'll have to catch it later, if I ever catch up at all.

Last night I watched the "first" two hours of the "new" season. September 24 Castle and Elementary. Love Castle and thought Elementary has good promise. The homage to Jeremy Brett's Sherlock was a nice touch--for those of you who remember back that far. :)

KLang
01-03-13, 06:21 PM

But I'm punishing SyFy. :mad: ;)

I've got it all recorded and I will likely watch it eventually.

KLang
01-17-13, 08:54 AM
I've got it all recorded and I will likely watch it eventually.

Or not. Alphas canceled by SyFy. (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/01/alphas-cancelled-by-syfy-after-two-seasons.html)

Gnam
02-01-13, 04:57 PM
'Legit' on FX.

Jim Jefferies has no filter, which is both :laugh: and :eek:.

Insomniac
02-01-13, 05:57 PM
I liked The Americans on FX.

dando
02-01-13, 06:20 PM
I'll have to check this out post-footieball.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217?trkid=7711922

-Kevin

G.
02-01-13, 06:33 PM
'Legit' on FX.

Jim Jefferies has no filter, which is both :laugh: and :eek:.

I WILL like this, since Jefferies is absolutely hilarious, but the show has much to dislike.

Also, so far, I've heard all the jokes/routines before from him (except "50's Dad" :) ).

But I WILL like it, it WILL succeed. And they will figure out what to do with Steve/Dan Bakkedahl.

Insomniac
02-04-13, 10:21 AM

Came across the video: http://vimeo.com/56188906

Gnam
02-27-13, 03:15 PM
The Jeselnik Offensive on comedy central. :thumbup:

Enjoy it while it lasts. :laugh:

Z-0xdmp2qLc

Gnam
03-26-13, 03:52 PM
World War I in Colour: There's not as much footage as the WWII series, but the story telling is just as good.

The Men Who Made America: 2-hour episodes about the leading industrialists in the late 19th and early 20th centuries: Cornelius Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie, JP Morgan, and Henry Ford.

Very interesting to see how the country changed after the Civil War and to learn the personal histories of each man: JP Morgan was a daddy's boy; Rockefeller was from Ohio; Carnegie built the first bridge over the Mississippi River. There's even an Edison vs Tesla chapter. Very cool.

There's also some comedy. Between history lessons there are interviews with B-List contemporary business people. Compared to the historical figures they look ridiculous. Who cares what Donald Trump thinks? :laugh:

Gnam
05-16-13, 04:29 PM
Longmire is back on A&E May 27. :)

Burn Notice is back on USA June 6, but this is the last season. :(

TNT cancelled Southland. dang. That was a good cop show. Gritty, like chewing on coffee grounds.

The Jeselnik Offensive was renewed for a 2nd season. Impressive. It will be fun until it blows up.

nrc
05-16-13, 05:17 PM
I watched the Zombieland "Amazon Originals" pilot from Amazon. Eh. It was good for a few laughs.

Ruok
05-16-13, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Gnam;318112]World War I in Colour: ...There's even an Edison vs Tesla chapter...

Why NikolaTesla was the greatest geek who ever lived (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla)

indyfan31
05-16-13, 06:04 PM
TNT cancelled Southland. dang. That was a good cop show. Gritty, like chewing on coffee grounds.

Loved that show. this season was a little odd from a technical standpoint, looked like it was edited by a high school AV geek.

Insomniac
06-22-13, 10:25 AM
I like How It's Made: Dream Cars on the Science Channel. Just watched the Ferrari FF one. They mention they use a similar process to make their F1 engines.

Gnam
08-15-13, 04:08 PM
Eric Foreman's sister is dead.

Actress Lisa Robin Kelly has passed away at the age of 43 after a battle with alcohol abuse.

She played Lori Foreman on “That ’70s Show”.

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2013/08/15/lisa-robin-kelly-dies-at-43/

43? dang.

Elmo T
08-15-13, 04:25 PM
Eric Foreman's sister is dead.

43? dang.

Sad. Did a Google Image Search as I couldn't place her. After GIS? Even sadder. :saywhat::(

Andrew Longman
08-16-13, 12:40 AM
I know far too many who were killed by booze. Sick.

G.
08-16-13, 08:16 AM
She died IN rehab.

Be interesting to know how that happened.

:(

chop456
08-16-13, 09:03 AM
So did Garcia, FWIW.

Gnam
08-21-13, 01:46 AM
Drunk History on Comedy Central.:D:thumbup:
Another show stolen from the internet, but this one is legit.

I have never been more proud of my country. :laugh:

NSFW: language most foul.

QaDk0wG-HWk

G.
08-22-13, 08:30 AM
Drunk History on Comedy Central.:D:thumbup:
Another show stolen from the internet, but this one is legit.

I have never been more proud of my country. :laugh:

I think the guys from the internet are still involved with the CC show, so not stolen, just brought up from the farm team. :thumbup:

I was just thinking that I get more history from Comedy Central and Sci-fy, than from History or Discover channels.

cameraman
08-22-13, 11:21 AM
Gotta love the beer goggles turning the 50 year old with eight kids into a 20-year old babe:rofl:

indyfan31
08-22-13, 04:04 PM
Anybody else watching the new season of Justified? Looks like the same set up as last season... Typical Elmore Leonard. I noticed he's credited as a writer this time--must have had to type up some new material.

Elmore Leonard passed away this week, he was 87.

KaBoom21
08-24-13, 07:44 PM
Woefully behind the times on pay-tv shows. Watched all 5 seasons of The Wire last month. This month I started Treme and Boardwalk Empire.

stroker
08-24-13, 08:12 PM
Woefully behind the times on pay-tv shows. Watched all 5 seasons of The Wire last month. This month I started Treme and Boardwalk Empire.

The Wire is fantastic. I've seen the first two seasons and I hope to see the third soon.

Any love here for "Deadwood"?

Gnam
08-24-13, 08:21 PM
Gotta love the beer goggles turning the 50 year old with eight kids into a 20-year old babe:rofl:

Winona Ryder is 42.

http://s24.postimg.org/xy9k0qddh/drunk_history_hed_2013.jpg

cameraman
08-24-13, 10:55 PM
Damn, didn't recognize her. She's aged well to put it mildly.:eek:

Gnam
08-25-13, 01:41 AM
Elementary on CBS. :thumbup:

British Sherlock Holmes. check.
Good mysteries. check.
Watson is a doctor. check.
Believable co-dependent relationship. check.

Watson is a Chinese woman who is a paid companion for recovering heroin addicts. WTF? :irked:
...Played by actress Lucy Liu. carry on, carry on. :)

KaBoom21
08-25-13, 09:14 AM
The Wire is fantastic. I've seen the first two seasons and I hope to see the third soon.

Any love here for "Deadwood"?

Yeah, The Wire is completely desrving of all the praise. Treme has some of the same actors/creator and the music is phenomenal.

Loved the first season of Deadwood That dialogue kills.

SPOILER ALERT

The second season was a bit of letdown with way too much of Olyphant's character and wife/bro's widow sitting silently at the table. Had no idea season 3 was incomplete and just cuts off mid-story. Too bad.

nrc
08-25-13, 01:19 PM
The second season was a bit of letdown with way too much of Olyphant's character and wife/bro's widow sitting silently at the table. Had no idea season 3 was incomplete and just cuts off mid-story. Too bad.

I hate when that happens. Seems like just about any show with decent ratings should be able to make hay on one last episode to wrap things up.

stroker
08-25-13, 02:10 PM
I hate when that happens. Seems like just about any show with decent ratings should be able to make hay on one last episode to wrap things up.

re: "Twin Peaks"... :(

Elmo T
08-26-13, 08:28 AM
Loved The Wire and tried Treme but bailed after a few episodes.

I've been catching up on Ray Donovan. Some great characters - but not sure if the show has legs to go multiple seasons.

stroker
08-26-13, 01:27 PM
Just started the first three episodes of "Breaking Bad" last night.

I'm hooked.

TravelGal
08-26-13, 09:17 PM
Elementary on CBS. :thumbup:

British Sherlock Holmes. check.
Good mysteries. check.
Watson is a doctor. check.
Believable co-dependent relationship. check.

Watson is a Chinese woman who is a paid companion for recovering heroin addicts. WTF? :irked:
...Played by actress Lucy Liu. carry on, carry on. :)

Has supplanted Person of Interest as my favorite network show. Writing alone makes it worth watching. :thumbup: Whether we in the Time Warner battle zone ever get to CBS again is another story. :thumbdown:

Gnam
08-27-13, 01:55 AM
Is CBS available over the air in your area? Sometimes old school is best.

Insomniac
08-27-13, 02:10 PM
Just started the first three episodes of "Breaking Bad" last night.

I'm hooked.

You're in for an awesome few weeks days.

stroker
09-15-13, 09:32 PM
I'm enjoying "Dollhouse" probably more than I should. I'm thinking the acting ensemble really liked it...

Opposite Lock
09-17-13, 11:53 PM
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine".

I found the first episode had an LPM (laughs per minute) rate that I haven't experienced since the end of "30 Rock", (well, with the exceptions of "Portlandia" and "Wilfred", but those aren't on major networks). I'm optimistic for the future of this show. :thumbup:

TravelGal
10-09-13, 01:04 PM
Anybody finding anything good with the new season? We "tape" everything. With TravelMom trips and other responsibilities, I'm just starting last month's new shows. I've only seen premiers of a few.

I was completely underwhelmed by S.H.I.E.L.D Does it get better?
I was bored with Hostages 3/4 the way through the first episode. Any progress or just cat and mouse for 13 weeks?
Seems like the Blacklist has possibilities or is that just wishful thinking?

Any others I should be saving?

Don Quixote
10-09-13, 01:12 PM
My kids bought me the one and only season of Firefly, which I have not previoulsy seen. I have watched the first two episodes and love it!

Gnam
10-09-13, 02:07 PM
My kids bought me the one and only season of Firefly, which I have not previoulsy seen. I have watched the first two episodes and love it!
There's a movie too: Serenity

Watch all the shows first though.

Gnam
10-09-13, 02:20 PM
Anybody finding anything good with the new season?

Sleepy Hollow is good. Reminds me of the X-Files with two differences. First, no aliens. Second, in the X-Files the truth was always hidden, revealed, and then hidden again. In Sleepy Hollow, the truth is an open secret and you get to watch the main characters figure it out.

Also, just my opinion, but George Washington vs the Devil is much more believable than Lincoln vs Vampires.
Vampires? c'mon son.

Napoleon
10-09-13, 03:06 PM
Also, just my opinion, but George Washington vs the Devil is much more believable than Lincoln vs Vampires.

Personally I have always wanted to see a show with a Franklin vs. Werewolves theme.

stroker
10-09-13, 04:03 PM
The first two episodes of Deadwood on DVD kick butt.

Gnam
10-09-13, 04:04 PM
Franklin was clearly a time traveler.

Don Quixote
10-09-13, 06:03 PM
The first two episodes of Deadwood on DVD kick butt.I see that there were 3 seasons made of this show. If anybody knows, were the second and third seasons as good as the first?

dando
10-09-13, 09:07 PM
I see that there were 3 seasons made of this show. If anybody knows, were the second and third seasons as good as the first?

Deadwood == awesome. Period. I was sad they canceled the last season. Even dwarf tOSU, Clowns, Avs, Rockies and Redz fans would like it. :gomer: :D

nrc
10-09-13, 11:13 PM
I thought SHIELD was ok and has gotten a little better. There's a really stupid bit of "movie physics" in the second episode that was really annoying. The writers need to watch Mythbusters.

We tried out "The Crazy Ones". Robin Williams is Robin Williams. Trying to decide if it's funny or it's just him. Jury still out.
We tried "We Are Men" because we like Tony Tony Shalhoub. It had some moments. I'm afraid the the premise is just going to be a retread every other "bachelor" show. Jury still out.

Person of Interest is still good. Criminal Mimes is in the "premise is wearing thin" stage. Actually they've been there for a couple of seasons. The Walking Dead starts this weekend. Boardwalk Empire continues to be good.

dando
10-10-13, 12:48 AM
I thought SHIELD was ok and has gotten a little better. There's a really stupid bit of "movie physics" in the second episode that was really annoying. The writers need to watch Mythbusters.

We tried out "The Crazy Ones". Robin Williams is Robin Williams. Trying to decide if it's funny or it's just him. Jury still out.
We tried "We Are Men" because we like Tony Tony Shalhoub. It had some moments. I'm afraid the the premise is just going to be a retread every other "bachelor" show. Jury still out.

Person of Interest is still good. Criminal Mimes is in the "premise is wearing thin" stage. Actually they've been there for a couple of seasons. The Walking Dead starts this weekend. Boardwalk Empire continues to be good.

The Crazy Ones not so good. Michael J. Fox Show much, much better. Last Man Standing is also a good watch. :thumbup: :thumbup:

TravelGal
10-10-13, 01:50 AM

Even though I like both Robin Williams and Tony Shalhoub, we don't do anything but one hour dramas. I've been there with Criminal Minds for a while but TravelGuy records it on a separate DVR to watch on nights I'm out learning about all the wonderful places you all want to travel. ;) Same with Blue Bloods. I gave up on them at the end of last year. There's only so much family angst I can handle.

Saw "Ironsides" premier tonight. We're only a week behind! YAY. Thought it was meh. Someone from all the basic food groups with no cohesion whatsoever. I always give 'em 3 tries though so it has time. Oh, and I'll give Sleepy Hollow a look. Thanks, Gnam.

Andrew Longman
10-10-13, 10:25 AM
I pretty much only watch non-fiction and sports.

Giants has not been worth watching -- I have done my expense report in the second half for the last several weeks

Sleepy Hollow has been relentlessly promoted on the seat back videos on United flights for about 6 weesk so there is zero chance I will watch it.

Doing Breaking Bad from season one on my iPad/Netflix, especially since my hotel in Houston doesn't have NBCS, thus hockey, during the week.

nrc
10-10-13, 10:44 AM
I pretty much only watch non-fiction and sports.

So, reality TV then? :D

KLang
10-10-13, 10:50 AM
Like TravelGal I'm only into drama/science fiction. Of this years crop I am recording Hostages, Blacklist and SHIELD. No idea when I'll watch, I usually don't start until I know the show won't be canceled. I may check out Tomorrow People at some point if the reviews are OK.

Just started watching last seasons The Americans which I am enjoying a bit.

Andrew Longman
10-10-13, 11:20 AM
So, reality TV then? :DI will put a railroad spike in my eye before I watch Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Honey Bull Shat, Say Yes to the Ridiculously Overpriced Dress, etc.

But there is little more I can learn about WWII or military hardware and TLC, Discovery, History, etc. no longer actually put on much that is informational/educational

And the Yankees suck. And the Giants suck. Rutgers and U0fM drive me crazy. There are the Devils but they can't score. And the news drives me crazy. So I no longer watch much TV. :)

Old movies. But TCM sucks too.

TKGAngel
10-10-13, 12:38 PM
Like TravelGal I'm only into drama/science fiction. Of this years crop I am recording Hostages, Blacklist and SHIELD. No idea when I'll watch, I usually don't start until I know the show won't be canceled. I may check out Tomorrow People at some point if the reviews are OK.

Just started watching last seasons The Americans which I am enjoying a bit.

Blacklist just got a full season order, so it's most likely not in danger of cancellation.

I still watch Survivor and I have to admit this current season is really enjoyable. The concept this time is that past contestants return with a loved one and how the game develops from there. The psychology and strategy of the game this year is fascinating.

Insomniac
10-10-13, 01:03 PM
Seems like a poor season for new network TV shows. We Are Men and Lucky 7 were cancelled after 2 episodes. People are speculating Hostages may not last much longer. I thought Brooklyn Nine Nine was funny.

KLang
10-10-13, 01:42 PM
Blacklist just got a full season order, so it's most likely not in danger of cancellation.

I did see that and SHIELD got picked up today as well. Now to find the time to watch....

TravelGal
10-10-13, 01:47 PM
Seems like a poor season for new network TV shows. We Are Men and Lucky 7 were cancelled after 2 episodes. People are speculating Hostages may not last much longer. I thought Brooklyn Nine Nine was funny.

I'm not too surprised about Hostages (see my earlier comment). I did like Blacklist so I'm glad it's got a full season order.

If you haven't checked out thefutoncritic.com , have a look. It's my favorite for searching favorite shows, ratings, etc.

Edit: KLang and I were typing at the same time. This means SHIELD must be getting better. That's heartening.

Gnam
10-29-13, 02:40 PM
The Pete Holmes Show on TBS.

I was like, "I don't think so." But then, I was like, :laugh:.

He reminds me of John Ritter. :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/se7d3-TAe_I

Gnam
12-06-13, 02:03 AM
The Jeselnik Offensive on comedy central. :thumbup:

Enjoy it while it lasts. :laugh:

...aaaand it's gone. :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jeselnik-offensive-canceled-at-comedy-655023

I guess expressing contempt for everyone and everything around you with a smile on your face doesn't pull in the viewers. Sure was funny though.

G.
12-08-13, 03:45 PM
...aaaand it's gone. :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jeselnik-offensive-canceled-at-comedy-655023

I guess expressing contempt for everyone and everything around you with a smile on your face doesn't pull in the viewers. Sure was funny though.

True. It's also a shame on a personal level - once you accept the fact that you can really laugh at dark humor, there's no going back to "Take my wife - please." :laugh:

Gnam
12-09-13, 02:27 AM
One of his recent tweets was, "Bat kid never gets old."

so so messed up, but very clever.

KLang
12-15-13, 07:55 PM
Finally found time to watch the first ten episodes of The Blacklist this weekend. :thumbup:

Saw somewhere they have already picked it up for another 22 episodes for season 2.

Gnam
02-14-14, 09:20 PM
http://s28.postimg.org/v6g4msqod/dh_logo_hi.jpg

Comedy Central is airing five episodes on Presidents' Day.

The presidential stories featured are:

Nixon & Watergate
Nixon meeting Elvis
Lincoln assassination
Jefferson sending Lewis & Clark on expedition
Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders
Lincoln's early days as a lawyer

and for Black History month...

MLK meeting J. Edgar Hoover

11:15am - 2pm ET