PDA

View Full Version : TV Viewing - Post Sopranos

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

coolhand
05-06-10, 01:23 AM
The episode list has been out there for awhile.

ep9 Okinawa
ep10 Home

The second half has been much better, I think that is due to better source material of With the Old Breed.

I also think the impetuous for this miniseries was to scratch the USMC's back or something. BoB was based on a book that had a coherent story, also being made in 1999 many of the Vets were still alive, hence better intros. With the Pacific they just took diverse source material that are part of USMC cannon and forced a show out of it when. It is better than nothing.

For a more continuous unit story the 32nd Infantry division would have been great. They were in combat on New Guinea before the 1st MARDIV were on Guadalcanal, served more days in combat than any other unit in WWII and suffered a higher percentage of casualties at Buna than the 1st MARDIV did at Guadalcanal.

But the 32nd were Wisconsin/Michigan National Guard, no PR machine to hype what they did.

The longest single battle of US history, Hurtgen Forest, was mainly Pennsylvania National Guard. Same under told story.

Gnam
06-26-10, 04:21 PM
The Good Guys
Mondays on Fox

Best cop show since Reno 911!. :p

Also, Louis C.K.'s new show Louie starts next week:
10 p.m. Tuesday, June 29 on FX.

Should be good.

nrc
08-08-10, 02:45 PM
Speaking of Denis Leary (which I just did in another thread) Rescue Me finally came back and I've been a little disappointed. I'm a little tired of the endless Tommy's drinking - Tommy's quit cycle. But maybe that's the point.

I guess they're doing a "Hello, I must be going" bit. They had an extended hiatus because the writer's strike and now they've come back and finished all the episodes leading up to what will be the series finale based around the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

Hopefully it will get better in the interim, but I like it when a series knows when to call it quits.

Ankf00
08-08-10, 06:23 PM
The Good Guys
Mondays on Fox

Best cop show since Reno 911!. :p

will not lie. loving this one, haha. bradley whitford ftw

TKGAngel
08-08-10, 07:11 PM
Good Guys is a definite acquired taste, but BW is hilarious. I guess he gets to ad lib a lot of his dialogue. (http://live.washingtonpost.com/bradley-whitford.html)

The show is done until next month, when it moves to Friday, joining Human Target in Fox's lineup that night.

Gnam
08-09-10, 01:55 PM
Louie fits right in with FX's mentally disturbed lineup:
Rescue Me
Sunny in Philly
The League

50:50 :laugh:/:eek:

Insomniac
08-09-10, 02:13 PM
Speaking of Denis Leary (which I just did in another thread) Rescue Me finally came back and I've been a little disappointed. I'm a little tired of the endless Tommy's drinking - Tommy's quit cycle. But maybe that's the point.

I guess they're doing a "Hello, I must be going" bit. They had an extended hiatus because the writer's strike and now they've come back and finished all the episodes leading up to what will be the series finale based around the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

Hopefully it will get better in the interim, but I like it when a series knows when to call it quits.

I'm with you. I really thought they had a much better (half) season with a sober Tommy.

Elmo T
08-13-10, 02:52 PM
Anyone tuning into Svetlana on HDNet? :rofl:

cameraman
08-13-10, 04:04 PM
I've seen it but it just doesn't work for me. It misses by a country mile...

Andrew Longman
08-13-10, 04:38 PM
Alan Sepinwall does a pretty good review/preview of Fall shows

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/press-tour-the-best-new-shows-i-saw

I'm looking forward to Terriers. A bit of updated Rockford Files. Or at least I'm hoping

"Terriers" (FX, Sept. 8): Another one where I got a bunch of episodes in advance (five) and couldn't resist watching them all, this is a private eye show from Shawn Ryan and "Ocean's Eleven" writer Ted Griffin that's part relaxed buddy comedy, part film noir, and all fun. Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James play bottom-rung, unlicensed detectives who keep getting caught up in cases that are much bigger than they are. The chemistry between the two stars (who wound up sharing a house during production) is fantastic, the writing and directing sharp, and I can't wait to see more

oddlycalm
08-13-10, 05:15 PM
The Isle Of Man TT is starting on HD Theater. Looks like they are doing the same as last year and parceling one segment at a time starting with practice.

oc

Trevor Longman
08-13-10, 07:19 PM
The Isle Of Man TT is starting on HD Theater. Looks like they are doing the same as last year and parceling one segment at a time starting with practice.

ocI love/hate that. Watching it leaves me on the edge of my seat, highly puckered and slightly sick to my stomach.

I am a TV ludite. What is HD theater? is it part of the Direct TV HD deal?

extramundane
08-13-10, 08:20 PM
I am a TV ludite. What is HD theater? is it part of the Direct TV HD deal?

Discovery-owned HD-only channel. They show WRC, some Star Mazda & Mustang Challenge and a fair amount of car-related shows.

oddlycalm
08-13-10, 09:09 PM
Watching it leaves me on the edge of my seat, highly puckered and slightly sick to my stomach.
Yeah, I made the haj when I was your age and it's always had that effect on me. Back then it was an FIM world championship round so it had a different feel, not so much a club race. Mike Hailwood on the Honda and Giacomo Agostini on the MV Augusta. The full Japansese factory teams, the privateers on their Nortons, Count Augusta, and a cast of thousands. :D

The HD Theater coverage is awesome. As good as it gets without throwing a leg over a bike. The super slow motion shots of the bikes wobbling on turns and in the air at way fast speeds are just crazy. On the really long fast straights you can see some of the riders just can't deal with the buffeting and they shut it down early. The helicopter gets great footage in the mountains.

HD Theater also covers speedway racing and if you've never seen it you owe it to yourself. Four lap races with the US riders having won the world title a few times over the years. Not much like AMA dirt track as the bikes lighter and quicker with only 4 riders in each race.

http://www.knfilters.com/images/press/prix1.jpg

oc

cameraman
08-13-10, 09:30 PM
What is HD theater? is it part of the Direct TV HD deal?

Dish Network has it as part of their HD Platinum package, their highest end.

oddlycalm
08-14-10, 10:47 PM
Personally, I'd like to see another four or five vampire shows. Because there aren't enough of them. :saywhat:

oc

Gnam
09-11-10, 01:20 PM
Terriers on FX. :thumbup:
+1 for using a Ford Courier

Intersections on Speed. :gomer::thumbup:
They take two things that are similar and show what they have in common. Dumb but good.
* Virginia Class submarine vs. Abrams M1A1 Tank
* ALMS Acura ARX-01 vs. Red Bull racing plane

nrc
09-11-10, 01:35 PM
The Event looked interesting enough to schedule the pilot for recording. We'll see from there.

TKGAngel
09-11-10, 01:49 PM
One of the perks of my job is getting to see the upfront videos from every network. Based on that, The Event, Nikita and Blue Bloods look pretty good. My Generation is probably going to end up on my DVR list just because it looks so different.

School Pride is nothing more than Extreme Makeover: School Edition. Mike & Molly just looks horribly unfunny.

As for returning shows, I can't wait for Greys & Glee. It might also be interesting to see how Jimmy Johnson fares on Survivor.

KLang
09-12-10, 09:03 AM
I'm going to record Chase and wait for the reviews to see if I actually watch it. Nothing else new interests me at the moment but it is getting much easier to go back and pick up old episodes of a show if needed. Now that AMC is in Hi-Def I'm going back to pick up Rubicon.

Looking forward to the return of Fringe, Human Target, Chuck, Stargate Universe and Caprica.

SteveH
09-12-10, 10:16 AM
Looking forward to HBO's Boardwalk Empire (http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire/index.html)

oddlycalm
09-13-10, 03:38 AM
Now that AMC is in Hi-Def I'm going back to pick up Rubicon.
I'm liking it after 8 episodes. Same basic setup as "Three Days of the Condor" but they take it in a different direction.

oc

Insomniac
09-18-10, 03:32 PM
The Event looked interesting enough to schedule the pilot for recording. We'll see from there.

I feel like this show is promoted so much, it's going to be canceled in week 5.

G.
09-18-10, 07:24 PM
I love/hate that. Watching it leaves me on the edge of my seat, highly puckered and slightly sick to my stomach.

wait until your wedding day...
:shakehead

oddlycalm
09-19-10, 04:17 AM
wait until your wedding day...
:shakehead
:rofl::thumbup: Indeed

oc

KLang
09-21-10, 06:14 PM
Watched the first episode of The Event this afternoon. Not really sure what to make of it yet. It reminds me a bit of Flashforward. I'm leaving it on my record list for now. I do hope they are done with the flashbacks, that was making me dizzy.

nrc
09-21-10, 06:47 PM
Watched the first episode of The Event this afternoon. Not really sure what to make of it yet. It reminds me a bit of Flashforward. I'm leaving it on my record list for now. I do hope they are done with the flashbacks, that was making me dizzy.

Yeah. Kind of annoying, but possibly interesting. We'll see.

nrc
10-15-10, 12:30 AM
Still l undecided on The Event, but I'm enjoying Boardwalk Empire. I'm not really a fan of the gangster genre, but I'm really enjoying it as a period piece.

chop456
10-15-10, 02:07 AM
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret on IFC.

It made me laugh and that's pretty rare for TV.

extramundane
10-15-10, 08:10 AM
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret on IFC.

:thumbup:

David Cross + Will Arnett pretty much equals gold, IMO.

G.
10-16-10, 12:11 AM
Finally, MTV has a show on that's worth watching. MTV2 Friday nights shows highlights from the Lingerie Football League.

:thumbup::thumbup:

:D

link, if you wanna do research for your friend. (lflus.com)

oddlycalm
10-16-10, 02:07 PM
Terriers on FX. :thumbup:
+1 for using a Ford Courier

The Courier is a nice touch. Helps set the overall tone. :thumbup:

oc

nrc
11-02-10, 08:55 AM
If you're tired of sexy vampires and like your undead a little more ... deadish, AMC has a new "zombie apocolypse" TV series - The Walking Dead.

(Warning: contains zombies, gore, and violence)

nteOM0l_zEY

First episode (pretty much covered in the trailer) wasn't bad. It will be interesting to see if they can bring anything fresh to the genre.

dando
11-05-10, 04:12 PM
OK, someone stop the elevator...I want to get off. :saywhat:

BLmSgjPLJPs

-Kevin

SteveH
11-05-10, 04:46 PM
^ I'd like to see the monkey bit done with AJ Foyt and tenderloin sammiches.

trish
11-09-10, 03:09 PM
The two shows I'm most interested in are kind of odd.

A&E's Hoarders and TLC's Hoarding: Burried Alive.

If you have any issues with deciding what to do with all your stuff and find yourself becoming a bit cluttered, watch this show. You will start picking up stuff, sorting, and throwing it away before you even realize it. A&E has the latest episode ready to view. This lady had so much "stuff" that she didn't notice a homeless woman was living in her basement.

Insomniac
11-09-10, 04:42 PM
If you're tired of sexy vampires and like your undead a little more ... deadish, AMC has a new "zombie apocolypse" TV series - The Walking Dead.

(Warning: contains zombies, gore, and violence)

nteOM0l_zEY

First episode (pretty much covered in the trailer) wasn't bad. It will be interesting to see if they can bring anything fresh to the genre.

AMC already renewed the show for a second season. Still no word on Rubicon.

oddlycalm
11-11-10, 06:18 PM
All you Burn Notice fans, new episodes start tonight.

oc

TravelGal
11-12-10, 02:45 AM
OMG OMG OMG. We caught the restart of Psych but whilst I was out learning about tourism to Armenia (!) we might have missed Burn Notice. I've got to get my priorities straight.

Thanks for the heads up.

oddlycalm
11-12-10, 05:15 AM
OMG OMG OMG. We caught the restart of Psych but whilst I was out learning about tourism to Armenia (!) we might have missed Burn Notice. I've got to get my priorities straight.

Thanks for the heads up.
Rest easy, it's gonna be on around 8 more times this week. ;)

Looks like the producers have Jeffrey Donovan competing with Kiefer Sutherland for the "carry on while maimed" award. :gomer:

oc

KLang
11-12-10, 08:35 AM
Rubicon has been canceled. I have it recorded but haven't watched any yet. Is it worth watching, knowing no more is coming?

TravelGal
11-12-10, 03:07 PM
Rest easy, it's gonna be on around 8 more times this week. ;)

Looks like the producers have Jeffrey Donovan competing with Kiefer Sutherland for the "carry on while maimed" award. :gomer:

oc

Eight? Yikes. We've managed to snag a Saturday morning repeat so we can watch it while snoozing through a few foosball games this weekend.

Insomniac
11-12-10, 03:27 PM
Rubicon has been canceled. I have it recorded but haven't watched any yet. Is it worth watching, knowing no more is coming?

I think it is. It moves at a slow pace (read: the opposite of 24) but I thought it was well done.

I'm really disappointed that it was canceled. I think the final nail was after Rubicon had secured the best rating of an AMC show debut (2M viewers), the Walking Dead has 5.6M and 4.7M the second week. Rubicon ended up averaging 1.3M viewers.

KLang
11-12-10, 03:30 PM
I think it is. It moves at a slow pace (read: the opposite of 24) but I thought it was well done.

I'm really disappointed that it was canceled. I think the final nail was after Rubicon had secured the best rating of an AMC show debut (2M viewers), the Walking Dead has 5.6M and 4.7M the second week. Rubicon ended up averaging 1.3M viewers.

Thanks, I just don't want to start if it ends with big cliffhanger that would piss me off. :)

oddlycalm
11-12-10, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I just don't want to start if it ends with big cliffhanger that would piss me off. :)
Quite the opposite. The story threads are all pretty well wrapped up. In order to go forward they would have had to introduce some new characters. This is a show that had plenty of suspense without resorting to loud noise and action sequences.

The fact that a zombie show draws double the viewers pretty much says it all. :shakehead

oc

Insomniac
11-13-10, 01:32 PM
The fact that a zombie show draws double the viewers pretty much says it all. :shakehead

I was just shocked by that number. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are in the 2M range. Since when did so many people like zombies? The last Romero movie made $100k. I guess Zombieland did well ($100M). Would you count Resident Evil?

Insomniac
11-13-10, 01:33 PM

You will only be pissed it was canceled. ;)

oddlycalm
11-14-10, 04:15 AM
Since when did so many people like zombies?
Never, in my recollection, but I guess it makes sense in light of anything with a vampire in it being a massive hit.

oc

eiregosod
11-14-10, 04:26 AM
anyone for Iron Chef?

Insomniac
11-14-10, 02:03 PM
Never, in my recollection, but I guess it makes sense in light of anything with a vampire in it being a massive hit.

oc

That reminds me on Conan this week, Tom Hanks was talking about his movie coming out with Julia Roberts and said:

The movie is about a guy who just lost his job (points to Conan) and goes back to junior college and his teacher is Julia Roberts and guess what happens?

And Andy Richter yells "She's a Vampire".

So appropriate.

dando
11-18-10, 10:30 AM
Just saw a promo for a new show called Brewmasters on Discovery starting Sunday @ 10. Looks interesting.

-Kevin

extramundane
11-18-10, 10:58 AM
Just saw a promo for a new show called Brewmasters on Discovery starting Sunday @ 10. Looks interesting.

-Kevin

The host is Dogfish Head's Sam Caglione- he's part genius and part bats***, so it could be a very interesting show.

chop456
11-18-10, 01:49 PM
If I had 9 thumbs, I'd extend them all for Dogfish Head's Red and White.

Had another really good one of theirs Friday that I can't remember the name of. It was the end of the keg and they only had enough to fill a tulip, so it was free. :D

cameraman
11-18-10, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately Dogfish Head doesn't make it's way out to Utah.

KLang
11-18-10, 05:25 PM
Luther, on BBCA is worth a try. I've watched the first two episodes so far and I like it. Reminds me of the good British shows A&E used to air.

oddlycalm
11-19-10, 04:36 AM
Luther, on BBCA is worth a try. I've watched the first two episodes so far and I like it. Reminds me of the good British shows A&E used to air.
Looks good. Wish I could get BBCA in high def... :irked:

oc

cameraman
11-19-10, 04:38 AM
Looks good. Wish I could get BBCA in high def...

Ya gots to get one of them Dish thingies.

KLang
11-19-10, 08:36 AM
I missed recording the first two episodes. Rented those two in HD through iTunes for .99 each.

TKGAngel
11-19-10, 09:16 AM
anyone for Iron Chef?

I kind of like Chopped. Sometimes, what those chefs come up with from the mystery ingredients is amazing. Other times, you're wondering how someone hasn't gotten seriously ill on that show.

The Hub (a kids network) has started running Fraggle Rock in the morning. It's about time that the next generation is introduced to dancing their cares away.

Insomniac
11-19-10, 04:07 PM
Ya gots to get one of them Dish thingies.

Not DirecTV. They don't have that or AMC in HD. :flame:

Elmo T
11-19-10, 04:20 PM
The Hub (a kids network)

My kids - both a little off center - are loving this channel.

extramundane
11-19-10, 04:54 PM
Not DirecTV. They don't have that or AMC in HD. :flame:

I think Dish and TWC in NYC are the only major providers carrying BBCA HD right now. Verizon suggested I not hold my breath waiting for it.

dando
11-19-10, 04:56 PM

My kids - both a little off center - are loving this channel.

Whoever programs that channel is a little off center. :saywhat:

-Kevin

KLang
11-19-10, 05:24 PM
I don't watch anything in SD at the moment. Bringing BBCA HD to Dish has me watching Luther and, for the first time, Doctor Who.

TKGAngel
11-19-10, 05:26 PM

-Kevin

You mean My Little Pony mixed with GI Joe, the Fraggles, & 80s sitcoms does not the perfect network make?

I think Dish and TWC in NYC are the only major providers carrying BBCA HD right now.

I have BBCA in HD, but it's on a TWC tier I do not have.

Elmo T
11-19-10, 05:31 PM

-Kevin

There is a distinct lack of HR PufnStuf.

dando
11-19-10, 05:43 PM
You mean My Little Pony mixed with GI Joe, the Fraggles, & 80s sitcoms does not the perfect network make?

You forgot 60s Batman, Men in Black the Series, Happy Days, Doogie Howser, etc. mixed in with Pound Puppies and Strawberry Shortcake. It's like Nick Jr. mingled with TV Land and Sci Fi with some movies mixed in. :saywhat: I think I've also seen Laverne & Shirley in the listings.

-Kevin

emjaya
11-20-10, 12:57 AM
anyone for Iron Chef?

It only works for the Japanese.

cameraman
11-20-10, 01:38 AM
I watch Iron Chef on occasion. A drive by channel surfing sort of deal.

dando
11-20-10, 11:51 AM
I watch Iron Chef on occasion. A drive by channel surfing sort of deal.

I actually liked original Japanese version more than the Americanized version. I used to stay up late on Friday nights watching to see who might beat Morimoto. :thumbup: As much as I like AB, I can't do the FoodTV version. :yuck:

-Kevin

KLang
11-20-10, 01:00 PM
Agree the original version of Iron Chef was better but I still watch the new one. I've been watching the Next.... contests as well. Sunday night is Food Network night on my TV.

G.
11-20-10, 11:24 PM
Don't know yet if it's just another crappy reality show, but I found a bit of humor in the Apocalypse PA show on History. I think it's only two episodes, which is refreshing for a reality-script thing.

Guy's getting his family ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, or some such. Making blackpowder, pouring bullets, making hooch, woodburning truck, etc.

They're editing it to be pretty funny. Arguing over who's going to go to jail for their still. :D "Pour some of that mash into there, willya honey? Good, now you're an accomplice."

Elmo T
12-17-10, 05:01 PM
While cooking shows have all started to look the same, this one is a little different.

7Oy8sIN3oow

KLang
12-18-10, 09:43 AM
:laugh: I've seen the ads but can't bring myself to watch it.

cameraman
12-18-10, 12:15 PM
I can't figure out where the natural accent ends and the acting begins.

Elmo T
12-18-10, 12:47 PM
I can't figure out where the natural accent ends and the acting begins.

Some strange mostly overly affected Italian with a touch Canadian accent. :rofl:

Look, the show isn't rocket science, but it is reasonably entertaining.

Ankf00
12-18-10, 03:35 PM
words to be banned from cooking shows when alluding to the food, not hte presentation: "beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, nice, very nice, very very nice, fabulous"

KLang
12-28-10, 11:38 AM
Trailer for next summers TNT series Falling Skies from Steven Spielberg is now up here (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/falling-skies-see-the-trailer-for-tnts-new-series.html). Looks interesting.

nrc
01-10-11, 05:59 PM
Did anyone watch The Cape? As a comics fan I feel obligated to check it out but it really seems a bit too camp for my taste.

racer2c
01-10-11, 06:03 PM
Did anyone watch The Cape? As a comics fan I feel obligated to check it out but it really seems a bit too camp for my taste.

I watched it. It was an hour too long and very campy. Maybe when it settles in a little it might be ok. It was one of those shows where the commercials were better than the actual show.

Ankf00
01-10-11, 06:30 PM

it was a very underwhelming Batman, minus all the awesome, versus a very underwhelming Lex Luthor, again minus all the awesome.

double plus unawesome.

Insomniac
01-11-11, 12:25 AM

It seemed to start out like an AMC series -- slow. I find it interesting because the hero gets his butt kicked and isn't some master fighter from the get go.

Elmo T
01-12-11, 04:55 PM
Thunderbirds are Go - again (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/12/thunderbirds-new-series)?

It has been 46 years since Thunderbird 1 first erupted in a cloud of smoke from under the swimming pool on Tracy Island and Parker drove Lady Penelope around in a pink Rolls-Royce, number plate FAB1.

But Thunderbirds could be about to go again after its creator, Gerry Anderson, said a deal had been done for a new series of the 1960s children's classic.

This was always one of my favorites shows as a kid. The comments on the article would indicate that folks are less than optimistic about the deal. CGI - no puppets; modern take.

My fav comment

Sex-up Thomas the tank-engine as well.
Thomas the Zero-emission fuel-cell locomotive and the Buff Controller.

:rofl:

racer2c
01-12-11, 05:13 PM
Looking forward to the 'An Idiot Abroad' US debut.

Andrew Longman
01-12-11, 07:02 PM
Late to the game, but was anyone into Terriers on FX?

I loved it.

Great characters. Really great characters. Had to pay attention. Didn't insult you.

Apparently me and about 4 of my closest friends watched it and FX canned it.

It will just become a wistful memory of 2010. :(

(still no idea why it was called Terriers. Might have been part of the viewer problem. And I still have no idea why my kid's HS mascot is Terriers. Neither do they, and neither do they like it)

EDwardo
01-12-11, 07:30 PM

I loved it.

Great characters. Really great characters. Had to pay attention. Didn't insult you.

Apparently me and about 4 of my closest friends watched it and FX canned it.

(still no idea why it was called Terriers. Might have been part of the viewer problem. And I still have no idea why my kid's HS mascot is Terriers. Neither do they, and neither do they like it)

I loved it too. I'm sorry to hear it was canceled. As for the name Terriers, I think it was in the first episode that one of the characters had to dog sit a terrier and they decided to use terrier as their business name.

Gnam
01-12-11, 07:40 PM

...FX canned it.

This is an outrage! It even had good theme song. :shakehead

If you're going through withdrawls, Donal Logue made a movie called "Tennis, Anyone?" that had a similar style.

KLang
01-13-11, 05:34 PM

Watched it today. The only good thing about the show is Summer Glau. I can't decide if that is enough to keep watching.

TravelGal
01-17-11, 03:33 PM
Boardwalk Empire! :thumbup::thumbup: AND Steve Buscemi. :)

Insomniac
01-18-11, 12:50 AM
Boardwalk Empire! :thumbup::thumbup: AND Steve Buscemi. :)

I'm glad HBO is airing it again so people can catch it the 2nd time around.

Edit--Just realized you probably posted that after the Golden Globes wins as opposed to just finding the show. Please excuse my Jets-win stupor.

indyfan31
01-18-11, 11:36 AM
Watched it today. The only good thing about the show is Summer Glau. I can't decide if that is enough to keep watching.

Watched it last night, the episode was a handful of scenes that seemed to have little to with each other, I think I'm done. :thumdown:

Gnam
01-18-11, 12:34 PM
Alaska Wing Men on Nat Geo, or the National Geographic channel if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

very interesting job. I knew bush pilots existed, (I've seen Northern Exposure and Never Cry Wolf). But I didn't know they trained 19-yo pilots to land on sand bars in the middle of river in the middle of nowhere.

Ziggy
01-18-11, 02:51 PM
Air Alaska on Discovery looks good.

TKGAngel
01-18-11, 09:33 PM
Top Chef All Stars has been pretty good so far.

And I'm sure Rick Hendrick is loving that his late son's fiancee (and baby mama) is blabbering her story all over The Bachelor. :rolleyes:

stroker
01-18-11, 10:12 PM
Is it me or is Alaska right on the heels of Vampires on the way to over-saturation?

trish
01-19-11, 12:09 AM
Top Chef All Stars has been pretty good so far.

And I'm sure Rick Hendrick is loving that his late son's fiancee (and baby mama) is blabbering her story all over The Bachelor. :rolleyes:

To marry the guy from Texas? The guy who jilted two ladies?

Ziggy
01-20-11, 04:48 PM
I agree about the term "Alaska" being over saturated.

all but their crab legs of course :)

Opposite Lock
01-27-11, 11:49 PM
Imho, tonight's episode of 30 Rock pwned. :rofl:

Episode: Operation Righteous Cowboy Lightning (NEW)

When Tracy has a reality TV crew follow him, Liz tries to use it to her benefit; Jack pre-records natural disaster telethons in hope of making a profit; Lutz tells a lie.

Robert De Niro does an awesome cameo. And I suspect that Timmy O'Toole;) would have sent his love down the well for the way they did Mel Gibson.

Ankf00
01-28-11, 12:44 PM
To marry the guy from Texas? The guy who jilted two ladies?

knowing his best bud from the dorms at SWT, that sounds about right :D

TrueBrit
01-28-11, 04:17 PM
Looking forward to the 'An Idiot Abroad' US debut.

Watched it last week. Bloody funny stuff!:thumbup: