PDA

View Full Version : It's Not A New Lap Record!

NismoZ
06-19-07, 08:00 AM
Power, Pagenaud, Heylen, 1-2-3 at RA test. Only Team Aussie in the 43s..('00 Reynard record at 1:39.8.) With more downforce the DP01 figured to be slower on RA's long straights but it'll be interesting to see what quals bring in August.

Andrew Longman
06-19-07, 10:49 AM
Less horsepower than the 00 Hondas, and no traction control hurts the DP01 coming out of turns and onto the long RA straights too.

shaggy_socal
06-19-07, 02:30 PM
We should also be able to see how well the DP01 handles the draft.

DagoFast
06-19-07, 06:49 PM
:woot. :shakehead

Welcome to more dumbed down racing with low bidder backcracking chassis with rev limited, pseudo-turbocharged crate motors courtesy of *gasp* a different brain dead billionaire.

Wake me up when it's over, I'll be watching MotoGP and World Superbike.

Methanolandbrats
06-19-07, 07:58 PM

Welcome to more dumbed down racing with low bidder backcracking chassis with rev limited, pseudo-turbocharged crate motors courtesy of *gasp* a different brain dead billionaire.

Wake me up when it's over, I'll be watching MotoGP and World Superbike. 1:42.6 with a lot less power. Good results for a test.

TravelGal
06-19-07, 08:45 PM
While I get where DagoFast is coming from (subject of another whole thread), one also has to remember it IS as test, as Meth said, and look at who is testing. We're comparing what they did against the record time. It's not too shabby.

Peter Olivola
06-19-07, 10:05 PM
But you cared enough to post this bowel dump...

Wake me up when it's over, I'll be watching MotoGP and World Superbike.

DagoFast
06-20-07, 12:54 PM
Bowel dump? :cry:

OK, just for you Peter.

"Oh Man! I am SOOoooo excited! This is just the best season ever!!! :thumbup: The bestest most famous drivers in the whole world, the coolest cars known to mankind and wow, the shriek of the most powerful 700 hp TURBO V8's from the worlds biggest manufacturers! A tight schedule that barely lets me catch my breath! On the most diverse tracks in history! Gosh, no wonder the ratings are so great! Wow, I hope Steve Johnson can tell me where to get tickets, I'm calling my travel agent right now!"

Happy now? :tony:

Don Quixote
06-20-07, 01:28 PM
Wow, now I'm excited.

Andrew Longman
06-20-07, 02:38 PM
It is what it is and IMO it still will be the most exciting thing to run at RA this year.

Don't like it? Don't come. Sadly many share your view, but gladly there is still a chance to see exotic high performance purpose built open wheel racing on road courses, even if it is not as exotic as it once was.

Methanolandbrats
06-20-07, 02:41 PM
It is what it is and IMO it still will be the most exciting thing to run at RA this year.

Don't like it? Don't come. Sadly many share your view, but gladly there is still a chance to see exotic high performance purpose built open wheel racing on road courses, even if it is not as exotic as it once was.
:thumbup:

Ankf00
06-20-07, 02:59 PM
Wow, now I'm excited.

Flying out of DIA to go to ACLFest that week is $170. Bob Dylan sunday night, too. :)

jonovision_man
06-20-07, 08:47 PM
Don't like it? Don't come. Sadly many share your view

You should submit this as Champ Car's new slogan. :p

jono

tantra
06-20-07, 10:05 PM
Just in case anyone missed it, that French kid did a pretty quick time considering .... "I've been awake for 24 hours after racing a 24 hour race so I'm a little tired," S.B.

BTW, there are still some more races this year and it would helpful to the copy, employees, and racers (and perhaps even a bit enjoyable for the spectator) if all of us who could get to some of them do so.
I don't care if folks come before or after bitching to their hearts content here on OC, but it seems to me that those members who actually view the product live seem to happier. See some of you at Cleveland!