PDA

View Full Version : Oww, my teeth hurt

G.
06-15-07, 11:47 PM
four wisdom teeth come out tomorrow.

Oww.

suxors.

I dunno know what "suxors" means, but it sounds pretty bad.

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 11:54 PM
tooth drugs + beers = :thumbup:

Opposite Lock
06-16-07, 12:09 AM
Vicodin ES.

Accept no generic substitutes. :thumbup:

I think you end up with more if you do two wisdom teeth at a time, a few months apart. Then again, that year was sort of a blur. A happy glassy fuzzy blur.

greenie
06-16-07, 12:26 AM
Good luck to you! I was prepared for the worst when I got mine yanked, and it was nothing whatsoever. Opposite Lock knows what's what btw. :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-16-07, 01:26 AM
I got my wisdom teeth out five years ago, it went so painlessly that I didn't "need" the vicadin at all.

Eagle104
06-16-07, 11:15 AM
^^^^..Somebody smack him - hard! :laugh:

RHR_Fan
06-16-07, 11:30 AM
Drugs = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had 4 1/2 pulled about six years ago. Best night of sleep I ever got was that night after I had them done.

~Nicole

extramundane
06-16-07, 11:53 AM
I got my wisdom teeth out five years ago, it went so painlessly that I didn't "need" the vicadin at all.

Because there wasn't any wisdom present?

Wheel-Nut
06-16-07, 11:56 AM
tooth drugs + beers = :thumbup:

Carbonation = dry socket. Painful . . . .

EDwardo
06-16-07, 12:27 PM
I was born with no wisdom teeth. That was the good news.

The bad news were my baby teeth. They refused to make way for my permanent teeth. So the orthodontist said they had to go. 10 of them. All in one visit. Fortunately, my brain decided to erase any memory of pain. All I remember is waking up with a fist full of cotton stuffed in my mouth.

I hope it went well for you.

G.
06-16-07, 02:33 PM
I now understand what suxors means.

Hard to stop the bleeding.

G.
06-16-07, 03:00 PM
At least I'm not in the hot Indy sun watching F1 cars.

That's gotta suck.:shakehead

:gomer:

Novocaine bidding it's fond, tingly farewell...

Joelski
06-16-07, 04:44 PM
At least I'm not in the hot Indy sun watching F1 cars.

That's gotta suck.:shakehead

:gomer:

Novocaine bidding it's fond, tingly farewell...

Say hello to the Vikes! :gomer:

KLang
06-16-07, 06:05 PM
Take the meds before it starts to hurt.

G.
06-16-07, 06:27 PM
Darvocet - don't take on an empty stomach. But I can't eat...

[whine]

TKGAngel
06-16-07, 07:09 PM
Darvocet - don't take on an empty stomach. But I can't eat...

[whine]

Try things like mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, pudding, yogurt (not all mixed together, mind you;) ). Or anything else soft that you can eat a little bit of and still allow you to still take the Darvocet.

Cam
06-16-07, 07:32 PM

Oww.

suxors.

Dats when they found I had cancer... SAME procedure... Hope yours works out better than mine did.

SRSLY

stroker
06-16-07, 07:32 PM
Wisdom teeth? What are they?

:cool:

Joelski
06-16-07, 08:09 PM
Try things like mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, pudding, yogurt (not all mixed together, mind you;) ). Or anything else soft that you can eat a little bit of and still allow you to still take the Darvocet.

+1, also soda will keep you from having the queasiness associtated with the pain meds. Soft stuff like fresh white bread that requires very little chewing, puddin' (!) and ice cream will serve you well. Take it easy to avoid rises in blood pressure and rinse gently every once n a while to avoid dry socket. grab a 'shake and some meds and couch it. :thumbup:

Just for perspective, I'm sure Cam would join me in offering to trade head/neck surgery for another dozen or so wisdom teeth, but you can't have our meds!! :D

http://www.joelski.com/Scratch2.jpg

G.
06-16-07, 09:01 PM
Dats when they found I had cancer... SAME procedure... Hope yours works out better than mine did.

SRSLYOuch! Did they start to pullin', then say, "Uh oh", right then, or was it during the healing period?

IOW, since the doc said nothing, am I just cruising>

grab a 'shake and some meds and couch it.

I'm thinking Pink Floyd.

OH! The Song Remains The Same on dvd! After Le Mans.

PS: Joelski, did that happen right after FTG announced the earl? Man, it's just racin'.

(hope all is ok now)

Joelski
06-16-07, 09:38 PM
Ouch! Did they start to pullin', then say, "Uh oh", right then, or was it during the healing period?

IOW, since the doc said nothing, am I just cruising>

I'm thinking Pink Floyd.

OH! The Song Remains The Same on dvd! After Le Mans.

PS: Joelski, did that happen right after FTG announced the earl? Man, it's just racin'.

(hope all is ok now)

It is. Paying the price for feeling better someday soon, just like you are. :)

cameraman
06-17-07, 12:41 AM
Damn, haven't thought about that in a while. I had them removed, I guess, 28 years ago. It couldn't have been all that bad because I don't remember anything about having it done. :saywhat:

Mr. Toad
06-17-07, 09:24 PM

Oww.

suxors.

I had mine made into cufflinks.

Meyer Wolfsheim replicas.

Cam
06-18-07, 10:47 AM
Ouch! Did they start to pullin', then say, "Uh oh", right then, or was it during the healing period?

Prior to knocking me out. Poking around, he says, hmmm.... that doesn't look normal, I will take a sample while you are out. :yuck:

Ed_Severson
06-18-07, 02:08 PM
Just wanted to interject and piss everybody off by informing you all that I have 5 wisdom teeth, and a mouth plenty big enough to accommodate all of them. :p

Your pain? I don't feel it.

Seriously, get well buddy. Only lasts a couple of days, right?

G.
06-18-07, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to interject and piss everybody off by informing you all that I have 5 wisdom teeth, and a mouth plenty big enough to accommodate all of them. :p

Your pain? I don't feel it.

Seriously, get well buddy. Only lasts a couple of days, right?I'll have you know, ya young punk, that I had all 4 of them fitting just fine for 15-20 years (I'm 41)! They just don't stay very sparkly clean wayyy back there. :p

(I had 4 pulled young for braces. I'm down 8 now. :cry: )

Still a little sore. Today is about break-even with the pain prior to going to Doc Yankandpull. It's a dull pain, but at least it's everywhere!

(thanks for the well wishes, advice, horror stories, all)

dando
06-18-07, 03:15 PM
Doc keeps pestering me to have mine pulled. Thx for the reinforcement to not get that done. :gomer: Where were y'all with the 'advice' about kiddies before we had them? :saywhat: ;)

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-18-07, 03:32 PM
Mine decided to come in when I was round 25ish I guess.

And they pushed the gums over the molars. Couldn't bite down and eat solid food for a week.

Reason I couldn't eat for a week cause I was at sea in the middle of the North Atlantic. And they weren't going to land me cause I could still work - in a lot of pain, and more or less couldn't talk - but work nonetheless.

A week of soup broth later, we went in to fuel up and they landed me. Got back to halifax and had surgery the next day with the military dentist.

Out for a couple days, then right back to work. 7 days of soup broth is a great weight loss diet though.