PDA

View Full Version : Pssst....wanna buy a football team?

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 10:11 AM
www.myfootballclub.co.uk

$70/share. You get to vote on all team decisions, player picks, player signings etc...thought some of you footy nuts might be interested...

devilmaster
06-15-07, 10:19 AM
Interesting concept.

Only problem is I assume that shareholders won't get to vote on who is the official 'owner' of the team and therefore the spokesman of the group.

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 10:38 AM
Interesting concept.

Only problem is I assume that shareholders won't get to vote on who is the official 'owner' of the team and therefore the spokesman of the group.

Shareholders are owners of the team. There is one person that sits on the board and votes based on the shareholders wishes.

devilmaster
06-15-07, 10:42 AM
Shareholders are owners of the team. There is one person that sits on the board and votes based on the shareholders wishes.

In a perfect world or at least the corporate world, yes. But i'm not convinced completely that is what is going to happen here.

I hope they make it cause i'd like to see it.

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 10:44 AM
In a perfect world or at least the corporate world, yes. But i'm not convinced completely that is what is going to happen here.

I hope they make it cause i'd like to see it.

So sign up and find out....who knows, in a decade or two you could double your money!! ;) :D

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 10:46 AM
They'll just spend all the money in pubs and go broke. Investment ----> $0.0

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 10:58 AM
They'll just spend all the money in pubs and go broke. Investment ----> $0.0

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention one of the caveats is that no cheeseheads are allowed...Something about too much whingeing or some such....

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 11:09 AM
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention one of the caveats is that no cheeseheads are allowed...Something about too much whingeing or some such....Nobody beats the British at whinging.....you guys crowned the king...........Ol' Nige :D

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 11:53 AM
Nobody beats the British at whinging.....you guys crowned the king...........Ol' Nige :D

You mean CART champion, F-1 WDC champion Ol' Nige?

THAT whinger? ;)

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 12:24 PM
You mean CART champion, F-1 WDC champion Ol' Nige?

THAT whinger? ;)
Ya, one of my favorite drivers of all-time. Nobody could hustle a car like him, but he pissed and moaned a lot. All my photographer and writer friends hated him because he made their lives miserable. Hey, you'd probably know the answer to this, why the Ale inflation? My local beer guy jacked up Boddingtons and all the others by a huge percentage.:mad:

TrueBrit
06-15-07, 12:48 PM
Hey, you'd probably know the answer to this, why the Ale inflation? My local beer guy jacked up Boddingtons and all the others by a huge percentage.:mad:

I have no idea...i just got back from the UK last week and boy was my pocket light....Geez this whole 1 pound = $2 malarkey gets expensive REAL quick...How much was he charging vs now? I'm curious because i haven't stocked up on proper beer since getting back...

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 12:51 PM
I have no idea...i just got back from the UK last week and boy was my pocket light....Geez this whole 1 pound = $2 malarkey gets expensive REAL quick...How much was he charging vs now? I'm curious because i haven't stocked up on proper beer since getting back...

Don't remember exactly, I'll check next time, but I'm guessing at least a buck more for a four-pack.

ferrarigod
06-15-07, 07:36 PM
if football did not mean soccer, then yes, i'd be interested. :p

Methanolandbrats
06-15-07, 08:01 PM
if football did not mean soccer, then yes, i'd be interested. :p Sorry, it's a real sport. ;) I've always wondered how American Football became known as "football". Soccer is a game of footskill and American football is a game of passing and ball carrying. Soccer is the true football and American "football" should have been named "Armball". :)

stroker
06-15-07, 08:29 PM
Then, of course, there's the response by the Brit to his first NFL game in the 60's.

"As a game it's too much, and as a war it's not enough..."

devilmaster
06-16-07, 12:30 AM
if football did not mean soccer, then yes, i'd be interested. :p

if we all wait 5 minutes, will you change your sport like you change your teams? :gomer:

Ankf00
06-16-07, 02:09 AM
I'm actually surprised someone didnt jump on the bandwagon 4 years ago when the rest of the cheesedicks did...

but you're right, the sport affords you less bandwagoning opportunities, north america is a far less fertile ground for the doucherocket profession.