PDA

View Full Version : whales are cool

Ankf00
06-13-07, 09:53 PM
:gomer:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070613/ap_on_sc/century_old_whale;_ylt=Av16UcohS74X0nZM9Xp3_krMWM0 F

130 year old harpoon dealio found within its blubber.

Methanolandbrats
06-13-07, 10:14 PM
F***ing Eskimos. They could ride their snowmobiles to Walmart and McDonalds like everyone else, but noooooooooooooooooooo........they have to kill old whales and cut them up with a CHAINSAW.........apparently the chainsaw is an ancient, traditional Native American tool. :mad:

Ankf00
06-13-07, 10:34 PM
eskimos actually use most of the whale for practical purposes.

meanwhile the japanese hunt w/o any regulation just so they can make some more penis rub.

RTKar
06-13-07, 11:00 PM
F***ing Eskimos. They could ride their snowmobiles to Walmart and McDonalds like everyone else, but noooooooooooooooooooo........they have to kill old whales and cut them up with a CHAINSAW.........apparently the chainsaw is an ancient, traditional Native American tool. :mad:

Don't get me started...Native Americans spearing as many fish as they want in "ceded territories" ...trophy muskies that with out a doubt an avid musky fisherman would catch and release, not to mention walleyes during the spawn, so the result becomes Joe average has a strict limit of one to three walleyes...depends on how many the the Native Americans spear before the regular season opens...why bother launching your boat for a two walleye limit? It's a situation that has killed quite a bit of tourism in northern Wisconsin and economically impacted non-natives. The whole thing wouldn't bother me if the Native Americans had to use the equipment that was available when the treaty was written back in 18 - whatever. Not battery powered lights & aluminum spears not to mention gasoline powered boats.

ferrarigod
06-14-07, 02:17 AM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9179/nukethewhalesdm9.jpg

Lisa: "Nuke the whales?" You don't really believe that, do you?
Nelson: I dunno. Gotta nuke something.

:thumbup:

greenie
06-14-07, 02:44 AM
^^^

Good posts by everyone above. That story makes me sick. Murdering an ancient whale, and chain sawing it is a pathetic self indictment. I hope those gap toothed pigs enjoyed their soup. :(

rabbit
06-14-07, 06:48 AM
^^^

Good posts by everyone above. That story makes me sick. Murdering an ancient whale, and chain sawing it is a pathetic self indictment. I hope those gap toothed pigs enjoyed their soup. :(

So you only want them to kill young whales? How do they know how old it is? And they have to use, what, just a regular butcher's knife to cut it up?

They gotta eat something. Why not whale? It worked for their ancestors.

(On a side note, this kinda puts the Alabama kid's five-hour boar hunt to shame. Where are all the not-enough-gun critics now? :laugh: )

rocket
06-14-07, 08:40 AM
We are down in Cabo for spring break every other year, and that is the time when theWhales are heading back north. They swim down to give birth in the Sea of Cortez, stay there for a while (don't know how long) then swim around the peninsula and back north. Last year we saw several within about 100 yards of the boat we were on, on several occasions. It's a great experience and something I'm glad I can give my daughter to remember.

Looking forward to going back in spring of 2008:D

We were on a dinner cruise one night sitting on the outside of the lower dining room. Probably about 3 feet from the water when a sea lion poped up about 2 feet off the side of the boat. He stared at us like he was expecting something, hung around for about 30 sec. and then took off.

Save the whales...eat filet o fish sammiches from Mickey D's:D

FTG
06-14-07, 08:46 AM
If we'd done to the whales, what we did to the buffalo, we wouldn't have these problems.

Warlock!
06-14-07, 10:00 AM
Looking forward to going back in spring of 2008:D
So you're already making excuses for not doing Sebring next year? Weak, dude...

:D

Ankf00
06-14-07, 10:56 AM
So you only want them to kill young whales? How do they know how old it is? And they have to use, what, just a regular butcher's knife to cut it up?

They gotta eat something. Why not whale? It worked for their ancestors.

(On a side note, this kinda puts the Alabama kid's five-hour boar hunt to shame. Where are all the not-enough-gun critics now? :laugh: )

well, an ocean is pretty damn big, and 160 acres is still smaller than my campus at work:gomer:

on the one hand, they dont need whale hunting to feed themselves anymore, and bowheads are endangered, on the other hand, so they hunt a few, bfd, they do it within regulations and a quota, unlike the japanese who do it for their holistic Enzyte creams

rocket
06-14-07, 12:00 PM
So you're already making excuses for not doing Sebring next year? Weak, dude...

:D

Yeah, it's gonna be hot in Cabo though, so I may just bring a camper and a satelite dish and sit in that the whole time watching tv.;) :p

:rofl:

Warlock!
06-14-07, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be hot in Cabo though, so I may just bring a camper and a satelite dish and sit in that the whole time watching tv.;) :p

:rofl:You know that's what I'd be doin' :thumbsup:

Kahauna Dreamer
06-14-07, 01:44 PM
You know that's what I'd be doin' :thumbsup:
What, you wouldn't be there with a camcorder, making your own vacation pr0n DVDs??:laugh: :rofl: :D :confused: