PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird email setup

rabbit
06-13-07, 10:19 AM
This is probably a really stupid question to a lot of you, but...

I use Yahoo as my primary email and just send and receive my email via my browser. But I have two or three other email addresses that are out there that some people still use from time to time. I downloaded Thunderbird, thinking I could route all my email addresses into one convenient location.

The problem is I don't know what I am doing. I can receive emails from one of the addresses (my school email) but not the others. And I can't send any email. If I need to reply to a school email, I have to go into my browser and login from there.

Any help is appreciated.

dando
06-13-07, 12:44 PM
This is probably a really stupid question to a lot of you, but...

I use Yahoo as my primary email and just send and receive my email via my browser. But I have two or three other email addresses that are out there that some people still use from time to time. I downloaded Thunderbird, thinking I could route all my email addresses into one convenient location.

The problem is I don't know what I am doing. I can receive emails from one of the addresses (my school email) but not the others. And I can't send any email. If I need to reply to a school email, I have to go into my browser and login from there.

Any help is appreciated.

If the e-mail provider doesn't support POP, IMAP, or SMTP e-mail, you won't be able to retrieve it via T-bird. Looks like Moz only has support for most of the major e-mail providers using their Web Mail extension:

http://webmail.mozdev.org/

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-13-07, 01:07 PM
I can receive emails from one of the addresses (my school email) but not the others. And I can't send any email.

for the account you can receive from, if you can't send I would think that the outgoing mail server is different from the incoming one, so you would need to find that server name and enter it into your account settings in T-bird

Cam
06-13-07, 01:28 PM
The outgoing SMTP server will generally be the one provided by your ISP.