PDA

View Full Version : radio poll in portland of keeping champ car

Portland Info
06-11-07, 02:55 PM
FYI-KEX Radio in Portland is conducting an online poll on keeping the Champ Car race in townor letting it go.

Can make your vote at

http://www.1190kex.com/pages/morning_update.html

once on that page scroll down and you will see the poll

NismoZ
06-11-07, 03:58 PM
I think the vote is already in...by those who didn't show on Sunday.:(

beaner
06-11-07, 08:57 PM
wtf, I voted

btw, that Marie Dodds looks like someone smacked her around real good :rofl:

cart7
06-12-07, 07:40 PM
PAUL'S PATTER
Tuesday 06-12-2007 11:29am PT
THE CHAMP CAR POLL
Thanks for participating in our web poll on whether Champ Car will return to Portland in 2008. Thousands took part, and a good 88 percent of you said yes, Champ Car will be back. I’m not sure if that was wishful thinking or a prediction from the majority, and surely some have learned you can vote more than once, but we’ve never had such a response to our little, daily poll. A lot of email, too, all of it supportive of the event.
Here’s my personal prediction: If Champ Car itself survives as a race series, it will return to Portland next year. For an organization badly in need of continuity, no way would they walk away from a 25th anniversary race.

Wanna bet?

Indy
06-12-07, 11:40 PM
They would be absolute fools to leave.

skidmarks
06-13-07, 08:01 AM
They would be absolute fools to leave.

Which is why we have no idea if they will be back.

:shakehead

miatanut
06-13-07, 10:34 PM
Which is why we have no idea if they will be back.

:shakehead

Ditto!

I would also say KK's comment, something like 'People are always talking about us not coming back, but we love coming here' is the perfect denial. If he had said 'There is no way we won't be back.', then when they didn't come back it means he lied. This way, when next year's schedule comes out and Portland isn't on it, he hasn't lied. He can just say 'Well, we love to go there but we just couldn't make it work.'

I don't expect Portland to be on the schedule next year. Crossing my fingers and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

cart7
06-14-07, 07:15 AM
I'm sure the city of XYZ will get the date next year.

A promoter with ties to XYZ city council convinces them to spend taxpayers money to build a racetrack downtown in an area that needs a little promotional help to get the locals to find it. The whole thing turns into a fiasco when the race costs are double what the projections were, then non-race friendly politico's start questioning the fine print and the next thing ya know, CCWS has it's name in ink again linked to questionable tax funding for a race they headlined.

Aside from LB, Toronto and Surfers, most every Street race CCWS is involved in right now has at least some negative political problems involved with it. This series is strangely resembling the fly-by-night construction companies that follow hurricanes around.

Robstar
06-14-07, 07:35 AM
They should just lose Portland & race in China & Korea...

JT265
06-14-07, 09:40 AM
wtf, I voted

btw, that Marie Dodds looks like someone smacked her around real good :rofl:

Funnel-eyed wimmin need love too hater! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Insomniac
06-14-07, 12:30 PM
Ditto!

I would also say KK's comment, something like 'People are always talking about us not coming back, but we love coming here' is the perfect denial. If he had said 'There is no way we won't be back.', then when they didn't come back it means he lied. This way, when next year's schedule comes out and Portland isn't on it, he hasn't lied. He can just say 'Well, we love to go there but we just couldn't make it work.'

I don't expect Portland to be on the schedule next year. Crossing my fingers and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I doubt KK is concerned about people saying/thinking he lied.