PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Ducks....

devilmaster
06-06-07, 11:24 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/8/8e/250px-StanleyCup.jpg

:thumbup:

SurfaceUnits
06-06-07, 11:57 PM
Giguere is da man

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/giguere_js1216.jpg

RacinM3
06-07-07, 01:14 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will never live this down. I live 25 minutes from Honda Center, but remain a lifelong (suffering) Kings fan.

Today is my worst nightmare come true.....:cry:

mapguy
06-07-07, 04:45 AM
:thumdown:

When the Ducks were first 'given' a franchise (rather than compete for it) it was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a hockey fan. A professional hockey team named after a friggin Disney movie. All they needed was to have Sir Elton John sing the national anthem on opening night to make the joke complete.

Another great move by that runt Bettman. This little man has pretty much killed my interest in the NHL.

Andrew Longman
06-07-07, 05:20 AM

When the Ducks were first 'given' a franchise (rather than compete for it) it was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a hockey fan. A professional hockey team named after a friggin Disney movie. All they needed was to have Sir Elton John sing the national anthem on opening night to make the joke complete.

Another great move by that runt Bettman. This little man has pretty much killed my interest in the NHL.

From the other thread...

As an aside, I am so glad Disney sold the Ducks and they dropped the "Mighty" crap and cartoon logo. Especially now that it looks like they will adorn the Stanley Cup.

I've always was thinking about some poor kid skating on a pond in Manitoba dreaming of making the NHL someday. And then he makes it. He's drafted and sure to make the team... except he has to wear some Michael Eisner nightmare sweater with Donald Duck on it. He has to call his mom and tell her he's playing for the frickin Might Ducks.

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-07, 08:27 AM
Educate me on hockey. Is this Emelio Estevez's first Stanley Cup as a coach? Did the Ducks do a flying V to win against the Senators? I heard clips of that Sabres radio announcer for the first time on O&A yesterday, is that guy high or something?

TKGAngel
06-07-07, 08:29 AM
Congrats to the Ducks. It was very classy of S. Niedermayer to let R. Neidermayer be the first one to skate around with the Cup.

At least Marchant is bringing the Cup back to Buffalo for one day.

Educate me on hockey. Is this Emelio Estevez's first Stanley Cup as a coach? Did the Ducks do a flying V to win against the Senators? I heard clips of that Sabres radio announcer for the first time on O&A yesterday, is that guy high or something?

As I said to you already, in Buffalo, saying RJ is high is akin to blasphemy. Some of his calls have moved into infamy status. Buffalonians know what you mean when you say 'May Day,' 'Scary Good,' 'Back to Where Jimmy Hoffa Is," etc. Go look on YouTube and educate yourself.

RacinM3
06-07-07, 11:02 AM

I think you're a little late on that one. Although everything you said previously rang true, this team that won the Cup has strived hard to shed the things that made it so cartoonish in the past. "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" is the past. They're now just "Anaheim Ducks". Cheesy logo is gone. Eggplant sweaters are gone. Disney is gone, and it only took 2 seasons for the Samuellis to bring the Stanley Cup to Orange County, CA. This team is a hard-nosed, tough, talented, "real" hockey team.

I don't like them, but I do respect them. A hardcore hockey fan HAS to respect a Cup winner.

Besides, the one bright spot is regardless of who won it, the cup resides very close to my house now!

Ankf00
06-07-07, 12:04 PM
did Giguere win another Conn Smythe? Or did someone who earned it receive it this time?

TKGAngel
06-07-07, 12:17 PM
did Giguere win another Conn Smythe? Or did someone who earned it receive it this time?

Niedermayer (Scott) won the Conn Smythe. I would say it was deserved.

Don Quixote
06-07-07, 12:24 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will never live this down. I live 25 minutes from Honda Center, but remain a lifelong (suffering) Kings fan.

Today is my worst nightmare come true.....:cry:
Like being a Browns fan in Denver! Although I wanted to see a 7 game series for selfish reasons, I enjoyed every minute of the 5 games. When does next season start?????

greenie
06-07-07, 12:38 PM

Agree completely.

And, as an aside, anyone who dislikes the Ducks winning better get used to their miserable bitterness because this team is rock solid, deep and is not going away.

SurfaceUnits
06-07-07, 12:41 PM
did Giguere win another Conn Smythe? Or did someone who earned it receive it this time?dude, did you see the first period of game 4? the Sens had 15 shots on goal before Anaheim recorder their first SoG.

TKGAngel
06-07-07, 01:04 PM
Agree completely.

And, as an aside, anyone who dislikes the Ducks winning better get used to their miserable bitterness because this team is rock solid, deep and is not going away.

It was pretty impressive that they were able to make so many lineup changes and have so many playing in their first playoff series and still win the Cup.

dando
06-07-07, 01:26 PM
Agree completely.

I know. Y'all gots three former CBJs to bolster that lineup, yo. :gomer:

Can we trade Sergei back for Beauchemin now. :cry: :saywhat:

Congrats, Quackers. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
06-07-07, 01:27 PM
Like being a Browns fan in Denver! Although I wanted to see a 7 game series for selfish reasons, I enjoyed every minute of the 5 games. When does next season start?????

Dude, @ least you get to root for the Browncos out there. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-07-07, 01:27 PM

w00t nieder.

Dr. Corkski
06-07-07, 01:35 PM
It was pretty impressive that they were able to make so many lineup changes and have so many playing in their first playoff series and still win the Cup.:confused:

All their key guys played on last year's team.

TKGAngel
06-07-07, 01:44 PM
:confused:

Their key guys may have all been around, but it takes a pretty strong team to deal with multiple rookies who have no playoff experience, players going in/out of the lineup due to injury, and boneheaded moves by star defensemen that result in suspension. Weren't there something like 4 roster changes for the Ducks for last night's game v. game 4? Just sayin...

Dr. Corkski
06-07-07, 01:58 PM
Their key guys may have all been around, but it takes a pretty strong team to deal with multiple rookies who have no playoff experience, players going in/out of the lineup due to injury, and boneheaded moves by star defensemen that result in suspension. Weren't there something like 4 roster changes for the Ducks for last night's game v. game 4? Just sayin...They were pretty much rolling 3 lines and 4 defensemen. Their n00bs rarely got more than 5 minutes a game, let alone 10 minutes.

greenie
06-08-07, 01:27 AM
They were pretty much rolling 3 lines and 4 defensemen. Their n00bs rarely got more than 5 minutes a game, let alone 10 minutes.

Well it sure as hell seemed like there were some relatively out of the blue players logging quite a bit of playoff time. That was a concern for me at least, so I generally agree w/TKGAngel, whether I was just paranoid or not. :cool:

RacinM3
06-08-07, 02:07 AM
:confused:

Not all. Pronger.

Dr. Corkski
06-08-07, 03:11 AM
Well it sure as hell seemed like there were some relatively out of the blue players logging quite a bit of playoff time. That was a concern for me at least, so I generally agree w/TKGAngel, whether I was just paranoid or not. :cool:Your first mistake is agreeing with a Slugs fan. They are the ,,,tards of NHL fans. :p

Their top 3 lines and top 4 defensemen all had playoff experience. They could have plugged the rest of the roster spots with trained or untrained monkeys and you wouldn't have noticed the difference.

TKGAngel
06-08-07, 09:17 AM
Your first mistake is agreeing with a Slugs fan. They are the ,,,tards of NHL fans. :p

Their top 3 lines and top 4 defensemen all had playoff experience. They could have plugged the rest of the roster spots with trained or untrained monkeys and you wouldn't have noticed the difference.

That philosophy may work when everyone is healthy. But if one or more of your best 9 forwards or 4 defensemen get injured, then the fact that the your remaining players are trained monkeys is going to bite you in the ass.

Well it sure as hell seemed like there were some relatively out of the blue players logging quite a bit of playoff time.

The hockey blog that I read got a good chunk of material out of Motzko randomly appearing, especially since the Anaheim website had no info on this guy.

dando
06-08-07, 10:20 AM
The hockey blog that I read got a good chunk of material out of Motzko randomly appearing, especially since the Anaheim website had no info on this guy.

They forgot to copy and paste the info from the CBJs site when they acquired him. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
06-08-07, 10:46 AM
That philosophy may work when everyone is healthy. But if one or more of your best 9 forwards or 4 defensemen get injured, then the fact that the your remaining players are trained monkeys is going to bite you in the ass.The only guy they lost for a significant amount of time was Kunitz and they plugged in Marchant who had plenty of playoff experience.

You do realize the Conn Smythe Trophy winner and leading scorer of the playoffs last year had a combined 0 games of playoff experience at the start of the playoffs, right?