PDA

View Full Version : fhonda passing out 30,000+ tix for mid-O

SurfaceUnits
06-05-07, 12:51 PM
HOM is giving 4 free tickets to each employee for the upcomig race at Mid Ohio.

Honda employs somewhere between 8 to 12 thousand people here in Central Ohio.

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-07, 02:21 PM
My employer is the presenting sponsor for the race and are apparently going to make free tickets available to all employees. There are 2,800 of us in the company and probably all but a couple hundred are in Ohio.

I'm glad that our company is pro-motorsport (our president owns a GT-1 Mustang, and we're the only insurance company I know of that pays claims for accidents that take place in track days), but the IRL association kinda sucks. :\

Andrew Longman
06-05-07, 03:05 PM
Honda employs somewhere between 8 to 12 thousand people here in Central Ohio.

Honda is pretty tight with its suppliers too. There are perhaps another 10K+ in the area from that. I'd expect that some tickets would be flowing that way too.

Can't say its exactly a bad thing for Honda to maximize participation in the series they support. Just don't like the circumstances.:irked:

Methanolandbrats
06-05-07, 03:47 PM
I ended up with a Firestone ticket for Milw. Looks like nobody pays to see that crap, if you do you're a moron. Sponsors must just think since they're paying all that money for the cars and series, they might as well pay for fans too. Then there is a little color in the grandstands for publicity photos . F'n disaster.

extramundane
06-05-07, 04:16 PM
I ended up with a Firestone ticket for Milw. Looks like nobody pays to see that crap, if you do you're a moron. Sponsors must just think since they're paying all that money for the cars and series, they might as well pay for fans too. Then there is a little color in the grandstands for publicity photos . F'n disaster.

A former client of mine used to be the primary sponsor for a Busch team, but stopped as of 2005. They've got no banners or other adverts anywhere on track grounds, nor is their product available on grounds. As of last year, they were still getting a free suite and several hundred tickets for the IRL race. They probably still have one this year, but the marketing dude who kept inviting me has since left the company.

So, yeah, damn near nobody pays to get in.

Chief
06-05-07, 04:32 PM
Any and everybody needs to burn those tix. Honda, Marlboro and Tony George are CANCERS on sport. They have undermined the sport and continue to drive a wedge between fan and sport.

FREE TICKET giveaways make consumers have to make choices, choices that Honda and the IRL hope will drive CCWS's *paying* customers away from Cleveland etc. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN OW FANS.

Don't go to Mid-Ohio....you're supporting the death of the sport if you do.

rosawendel
06-05-07, 04:35 PM
i've been torn on this... on the one hand, i'd love to go on saturday (and saturday only) for the ALMS event, yet, not so much on the "giving tony george money" part...

i suppose there's some solace in buying a ticket from the scalpers selling their comp tickets outside the track (half price, if i recall from years past) - i know that money won't be going to tony.

dando
06-05-07, 04:36 PM
Any and everybody needs to burn those tix. Honda, Marlboro and Tony George are CANCERS on sport. They have undermined the sport and continue to drive a wedge between fan and sport.

FREE TICKET giveaways make consumers have to make choices, choices that Honda and the IRL hope will drive CCWS's *paying* customers away from Cleveland etc. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN OW FANS.

Don't go to Mid-Ohio....you're supporting the death of the sport if you do.

I'll gladly accept any free tix I can get my hands on...just to make sure they are removed from circulation and aren't used. :)

F:tony:!

-Kevin

Chief
06-05-07, 04:51 PM
i've been torn on this... on the one hand, i'd love to go on saturday (and saturday only) for the ALMS event, yet, not so much on the "giving tony george money" part...

i suppose there's some solace in buying a ticket from the scalpers selling their comp tickets outside the track (half price, if i recall from years past) - i know that money won't be going to tony.
Then you should go......Tony George is counting on you to be compromised, just like the past 12 years.

Spicoli
06-05-07, 05:35 PM
but the IRL association kinda sucks. :\

do you realize you have just been banned from C*F/P****waggen forever for saying that?:saywhat:

And don;t EVEN think of going to the usgp.:mad:

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-07, 05:47 PM
do you realize you have just been banned from C*F/P****waggen forever for saying that?:saywhat:

And don;t EVEN think of going to the usgp.:mad:

For saying that I'm against my company's sponsorship of an IRL event? :saywhat:

Spicoli
06-05-07, 06:06 PM
For saying that I'm against my company's sponsorship of an IRL event? :saywhat:

Its a joke you bleedin morAn.:laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-07, 06:23 PM
yuo suck at jokes :yuck:

Wheel-Nut
06-05-07, 06:29 PM
I'll gladly accept any free tix I can get my hands on...just to make sure they are removed from circulation and aren't used. :)

F:tony:!

-Kevin

Do the remaining tickets increase in value like an Enzo? :eek: :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
06-05-07, 06:41 PM
Do the remaining tickets increase in value like an Enzo? :eek: :laugh: The math looks something like this:

0 x 30,000 = 0 x 10,000 = 0 = worthless :gomer:

Spicoli
06-05-07, 07:41 PM
yuo suck at jokes :yuck:

you're going, aren;t you. :rofl:

Ankf00
06-05-07, 08:05 PM
I <3 thread.

dando
06-05-07, 08:19 PM
Do the remaining tickets increase in value like an Enzo? :eek: :laugh:

Look @ the back of a grocery coupon for a comparison ca$h value on an EARL ticket. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-07, 09:28 PM
you're going, aren;t you. :rofl:

LOL! I'll consider if it my mileage gets reimbursed. :rofl:

mueber
06-06-07, 12:26 PM

It sucks because I enjoy the ALMS event at Mid-Ohio and would be there but for the IRL association. In fact, my shadow won't darken Mid-Ohio at any time this year, which hasn't happened in, maybe, 20 years. Kinda sad, but they made their choices, and I made mine.

Spicoli
06-06-07, 12:47 PM
LOL! I'll consider if it my mileage gets reimbursed. :rofl:

Maybe you can carpool with the other kids. :gomer:

eiregosod
06-06-07, 09:30 PM
The retrograde forumula league, no one is going to show up for that.

SurfaceUnits
06-06-07, 09:33 PM
the onliest question remaining is What color hat will EVERYONE be wearing? :rofl:

opinionated ow
06-06-07, 10:43 PM
the onliest question remaining is What color hat will EVERYONE be wearing? :rofl:

purple...cause the IRL is gay