PDA

View Full Version : RA 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Megger
06-04-07, 10:55 PM
I can't believe it's time again. Who's going? Camping again near turn 1 and 2.

TrueBrit
06-07-07, 05:22 PM
Me and a mate will be there...

nissan gtp
06-07-07, 07:33 PM
there in force, turn 2

look for the beeramid :thumbup:

Warlock!
06-08-07, 07:21 AM
50/50. Depends mostly on the forecasted temps.

chop456
06-08-07, 07:44 AM
Doubt it. Not much for road trips anymore.

TrueBrit
06-08-07, 09:25 AM

:confused:

KLang
06-08-07, 09:49 AM
Second year in a row I won't be there. :( Our new house should be done about that time and we've got too much stuff going on. Hopefully I can return next year.

Indy
06-08-07, 11:10 AM
Would not miss it for anything!

ALMS and Champ Car on that greatest of U.S courses?!? C'mon, if you can't get excited about that, what would do it for you?

G.
06-08-07, 11:18 AM
Yes.

Question is, will I bring the g. (or 3) and camp in family, or camp with the hoodlums.:cool:

Whatdamatta, chop? You already washed your hair this year.

:tony:

Now I gotta work on the comps/overcrew thing for the weekend...

I am going to make it a personal mission to bring as many peeps with as I can. Times like this I wish I had friends...:)

RHR_Fan
06-08-07, 11:56 AM

C'mon Chops!

I'll be there too.

NismoZ
06-08-07, 09:44 PM
Look for me somewhere between the paddock and turns 1-14.:)

JT265
06-09-07, 09:15 AM
I'd show, but I've heard nasty things aboot that T2 campground. :p

Classic Apex
06-09-07, 09:28 AM
In.

:cool:

CART 500
06-09-07, 10:50 AM
I'm going to a pool party that day :shakehead

Twisty Bits
06-09-07, 12:42 PM
Sign me up for the afternoon shift.:D

SteveH
06-09-07, 12:50 PM
Can I bring my iPod?

Twisty Bits
06-09-07, 12:54 PM
Did anyone get Random Couch Dude's number?:p

rocket
06-09-07, 05:29 PM
:eek: :p :rofl: :rofl:

In like Flynn

flobee1kenobi
06-10-07, 02:24 PM
I'd show, but I've heard nasty things aboot that T2 campground. :p
nothing but ruffians over there:laugh:

RTKar
06-10-07, 07:41 PM
Caulk or no caulk ????

Rock out...

Anteater
06-13-07, 08:39 PM
I will be there--after attending for the first time last year and having a wonderful time, I have to go back! :cool:

RHR_Fan
06-13-07, 09:05 PM
I will be there--after attending for the first time last year and having a wonderful time, I have to go back! :cool:

Good! We should party aka you buy me beer. ;) :D

G.
06-13-07, 11:42 PM
I will be there--after attending for the first time last year and having a wonderful time, I have to go back! :cool:See ya!

I might even remember my cellphone number for ya!

OW
06-16-07, 06:45 PM
Tell me about the T2 campground...
I always camped across the street of turn 14 on the north side...

I'll be there...maybe I should change from my (what I've always done)....

mueber
06-20-07, 03:27 PM
I'll be there.

Cam
06-21-07, 10:17 AM
Tell me about the T2 campground...
I always camped across the street of turn 14 on the north side...

I'll be there...maybe I should change from my (what I've always done)....

It aint for the faint of heart or weak of liver. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-21-07, 11:14 AM
I've heard tales of alcohol abuse and traditional Greek Games. :shudder:

G.
06-21-07, 12:48 PM
I've heard tales of alcohol abuse and traditional Greek Games. :shudder:I don't think I've ever seen them spill any alcohol.:confused:

Well, maybe projectile once in a while, but no spilling.

(I choose to ignore the Greek Games comment. That scares me.)

OW
06-21-07, 11:30 PM
I'm sorry .... You'll be there? meaning outside 14? or at tween 1 and 2....

G.
06-22-07, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry .... You'll be there? meaning outside 14? or at tween 1 and 2....who?

I'll be in family camp (turn 4 last year) if I bring the g. Two if I don't.

KaBoom21
06-22-07, 09:33 AM
Doubt it.
Unacceptable.

chop456
06-22-07, 11:25 AM
Unacceptable.

Did I see you last year? :D

KaBoom21
06-22-07, 01:39 PM
Did I see you last year? :D

My remaining kidney (and liver) is in peak condition this year. Come on!

manic mechanic
06-29-07, 12:59 AM
I'm currently trying to work out the logistics and have a few questions:

IF I can talk the Mrs. into letting me off the leash, how many camps will I be welcome in, and how many others will I be shown the door of?

Just checking...:p

manic

manic mechanic
06-29-07, 01:00 AM
I've heard tales of alcohol abuse and traditional Greek Games. :shudder:

I won't even hang out with people that spill the liquor instead of drinking it!

There is a 12 step program for that... :D

manic

Indy
06-29-07, 03:01 AM

IF I can talk the Mrs. into letting me off the leash, how many camps will I be welcome in, and how many others will I be shown the door of?

Just checking...

manic

My experience is that all are welcome everywhere. Hell, I even gave Defender a beer at the USGP. :rofl:

Man, I am starting to get excited about RA. Six weeks, dudes and dudettes!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

rocket
06-29-07, 11:28 AM

Just checking...:p

manic

Best advice....race weekends at the track are all about the racing, partying and hanging with friends. Politics, whether they be internet forums or National are not, nor should they ever be discussed.
:thumbup:

KLang
06-29-07, 11:56 AM
Hell, I even gave Defender a beer at the USGP.

I hope you peed in it first.

Indy
06-29-07, 09:09 PM
I hope you peed in it first.

Nah, it was sealed, but being domestic, it tasted like piss anyway.

G.
07-01-07, 12:58 AM
Dumb question; I see on RA's website, no vehicles that are not street legal, no ATV's, not golfcart (unless you rent one), etc., yet "unauthorized" vehicles are all over the place!

Anyone got a clue? Do they tell you "no" but turn a blind eye to the useage?

For insurance purposes, Road America does not allow unlicensed spectator vehicles on the premises. This includes cars, golf cars, ATVs, scooters or other unlicensed motorized off-street vehicles.

manic mechanic
07-02-07, 01:25 AM
SITUATION UPDATE:
My flights are booked, Rental car is booked, I'm pretty sure I have a bed to sleep in, my work assignment is close at hand, and

I'M GOING TO RA!!!!:D :D

Very few details need to be ironed out at this juncture... I'm a happy guy!

NOTE TO THE LOCALS:

The Pirate party animal is headed your way...Bring the good beer and lock up the children (I can't be responsible for my choice of verbage when intoxicated)!!! :rofl:

manic

diamond dave
07-02-07, 08:51 AM
I'll go if Chop will swing by and pick me up:cool:

G. the "unauthorized" ATV, scooter, motorcycles you see there. Those would be race Teams or RA owned.
I called trying to get buddies Kawasuki Mule in. Tried to tell them it was a "farm utility" vehicle aka liscense.
They kept saying - is it street legal or would you drive it on the roads:irked:

basically they want you to rent their golf carts for $300. you can pretty much (except paddock) get to where you want to go via car

JT265
07-02-07, 09:18 AM
I'll go if Chop will swing by and pick me up:cool:

G. the "unauthorized" ATV, scooter, motorcycles you see there. Those would be race Teams or RA owned.
I called trying to get buddies Kawasuki Mule in. Tried to tell them it was a "farm utility" vehicle aka liscense.
They kept saying - is it street legal or would you drive it on the roads:irked:

basically they want you to rent their golf carts for $300. you can pretty much (except paddock) get to where you want to go via car

Working on the angle of Chopper picking me up too! :thumbup: After all, with the fuel mileage he gets I'd be stupid to drive my own ride! :D

RHR_Fan
07-03-07, 06:21 PM
SITUATION UPDATE:
My flights are booked, Rental car is booked, I'm pretty sure I have a bed to sleep in, my work assignment is close at hand, and

NOTE TO THE LOCALS:

The Pirate party animal is headed your way...Bring the good beer and lock up the children (I can't be responsible for my choice of verbage when intoxicated)!!! :rofl:

manic

Yay!!!! :thumbup:

nissan gtp
07-03-07, 08:50 PM
Working on the angle of Chopper picking me up too! :thumbup: After all, with the fuel mileage he gets I'd be stupid to drive my own ride! :D

thoughts and prayers :D

JT265
07-05-07, 07:24 AM
thoughts and prayers :D

That sentiment works on both ends. 1st, it's really hard to talk him into driving an extra 1200 miles outta his way, and then........................

have you ever ridden with Chop? I have. Thoughts and prayers indeed. :laugh:

RTKar
07-05-07, 06:49 PM
That sentiment works on both ends. 1st, it's really hard to talk him into driving an extra 1200 miles outta his way, and then........................

have you ever ridden with Chop? I have. Thoughts and prayers indeed. :laugh:

Yes I have...while he's in the area, pick up devilmaster on the way :p

Anteater
07-09-07, 10:51 PM
SITUATION UPDATE: NOTE TO THE LOCALS: The Pirate party animal is headed your way...Bring the good beer and lock up the children (I can't be responsible for my choice of verbage when intoxicated)!!! :rofl:

manic

OMG, both the Pirate party animal and the Anteater party animal at RA!! Sonovagun, gonna have big fun! :D:thumbup: We'll show you how to party SoCal style.

manic mechanic
07-09-07, 11:09 PM
If anyone is gonna be in MKE on Thursday afternoon, I know that after I get my rental car I will be THIRSTY!!!
Anyone care to join me?

I found a couple of possible venues over on Water St:

Milwaukee Ale House
233 N. Water St

and

Water St. Brewery
1101 N. Water St.

My flight is supposed to land around 3:30PM, so I figure that by 4:30PM I should be ready for a cold one :beer:

Who's with me?

manic

chop456
07-10-07, 05:06 AM
Around the corner from the airport and way better than either place you posted if you like beer:

Landmark 1850
ADDRESS: 5905 S. Howell Ave.
PHONE: (414) 769-1850

JT265
07-11-07, 09:37 AM
Around the corner from the airport and way better than either place you posted if you like beer:

Landmark 1850
ADDRESS: 5905 S. Howell Ave.
PHONE: (414) 769-1850

Pay close attention to post #43. Thank you for your support. :p

chop456
07-11-07, 01:25 PM
Pay close attention to post #43. Thank you for your support. :p

I was almost close enough to pick you up last weekend, though you'd have had to sleep in my basement for a month or so.

rocket
07-12-07, 11:36 PM
I was almost close enough to pick you up last weekend, though you'd have had to sleep in my basement for a month or so.

He's used to sleeping in caves, he's been around for a while...seriously:D

diamond dave
07-13-07, 09:15 PM
those are all good. the Milwaukee ALe house's beers (imo) are very British;) I mean kinda raw or unfinished tasting. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy them!;) They usually have a Seasonal or 2 on tap, Plus a "casked" brew too.:thumbup:
They have decent Pub Grub too. Actually across the street and down one block(south) is the Irish Pub. Excellent choice of taps and bartenders.
If anyone is gonna be in MKE on Thursday afternoon, I know that after I get my rental car I will be THIRSTY!!!
Anyone care to join me?

I found a couple of possible venues over on Water St:

Milwaukee Ale House
233 N. Water St

and

Water St. Brewery
1101 N. Water St.

My flight is supposed to land around 3:30PM, so I figure that by 4:30PM I should be ready for a cold one :beer:

Who's with me?

manic

Methanolandbrats
07-13-07, 09:56 PM
Water Street brews an excellent Bavarian Weiss. They also have a very good meal of sausages, kraut and German Potato Salad. I can't remember what it's called, just ask for the U-Boat Dinner.:thumbup:

Anteater
07-14-07, 12:00 AM
Water Street brews an excellent Bavarian Weiss. They also have a very good meal of sausages, kraut and German Potato Salad. I can't remember what it's called, just ask for the U-Boat Dinner.:thumbup:

I may have to check that out! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
07-14-07, 03:50 AM

ahhh MAN! I was hoping for something that had HOPS in it! :D

Ya gots to remember, M&B... We "left coasters" are used to more assertive flavors in our beer.

Ever had Stone Brews? That is my "cousin" Steve's brewery (and his guys don't even use enough hops for my taste!)

I'll sample the local brews while in town; hopefully they will have an IPA on tap someplace.

manic

Methanolandbrats
07-14-07, 07:25 AM
ahhh MAN! I was hoping for something that had HOPS in it! :D

Ya gots to remember, M&B... We "left coasters" are used to more assertive flavors in our beer.

Ever had Stone Brews? That is my "cousin" Steve's brewery (and his guys don't even use enough hops for my taste!)

I'll sample the local brews while in town; hopefully they will have an IPA on tap someplace.

manic

Here are two of many outstanding locals. I'll look for Stone Brews.
http://www.capital-brewery.com/ourbeers/index.html
Also check out
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

Here is the IPA
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers/ipa.html

G.
07-14-07, 12:06 PM
ummmmm, Sprecher.

I always lug some up to RA.

manic mechanic
07-14-07, 04:29 PM
Here are two of many outstanding locals. I'll look for Stone Brews.
http://www.capital-brewery.com/ourbeers/index.html
Also check out
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

Here is the IPA
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers/ipa.html

Thanks for the links, M&B.

It appears that the New Glarus IPA and the Sprecher Reserve IPA would be the ones I should try and find.

Yeah...I'm a hophead. I guess that's what I get for brewing my own for over 15 years! :D

BTW, any good pubs in Manitowoc? :confused:

manic

Methanolandbrats
07-14-07, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the links, M&B.

It appears that the New Glarus IPA and the Sprecher Reserve IPA would be the ones I should try and find.

Yeah...I'm a hophead. I guess that's what I get for brewing my own for over 15 years! :D

BTW, any good pubs in Manitowoc? :confused:

manic
I don't know much about Manitowoc. Your best bet is to hit a good liquor store and fill up a cooler. Wisconsin has a bar on every corner and a liquor store about every four blocks, so it should be easy to get hooked up.:D

G.
07-14-07, 11:00 PM
SITUATION UPDATE:

NOTE TO THE LOCALS:

manic

good farking God, you're gonna have fun!

See you there!

Send the cellie number on the PM.

rocket
07-15-07, 01:04 AM
Best advise concerning Manitowoc...don't get drunk and wander on to the big boat, or you'll find yourself in Ludington Michigan the next morning:D

Cam
07-15-07, 01:50 AM
Best advise concerning Manitowoc...don't get drunk and wander on to the big boat, or you'll find yourself in Ludington Michigan the next morning:D

Speaking from experience? ;)

JT265
07-15-07, 10:02 AM
He's used to sleeping in caves, he's been around for a while...seriously:D

Hmm, and the 1st thing out of her mouth was...... "where's Joe?!?!?" :saywhat:

:rofl:

RHR_Fan
07-19-07, 10:15 PM
Speaking from experience? ;)

Are you coming this year? I need to grill you that steak. ;)

Cam
07-20-07, 01:32 AM
Are you coming this year? I need to grill you that steak. ;)

Don't get around the intarweb much do you? :D I am an awfully long way away from RA. :cry: So unfortunately not. :(

RHR_Fan
07-20-07, 09:50 PM
Don't get around the intarweb much do you? :D I am an awfully long way away from RA. :cry: So unfortunately not. :(

Indy is that far away, eh? ;) Or at least that's what your avvie/profile thingy says.

~Nicole

G.
07-20-07, 10:16 PM
Indy is that far away, eh? ;) Or at least that's what your avvie/profile thingy says.

~NicoleWhen you are speaking about Australia, I believe the event is called, "The Indy".:p

Cam
07-20-07, 11:14 PM

~Nicole

Prolly should update that... ;)

Ratattack
07-24-07, 11:13 PM
I have a new job, but will be in turn 5 Sunday only. Working for HD I am working everyday this time of year..:(

NismoZ
07-25-07, 11:43 AM
Just heard the track campgrounds are all sold out. They're scrambling to reserve more spaces. Could be a mistake!:eek: Gate is looking strong already.:thumbup:

chop456
07-25-07, 11:54 AM
Overflow isn't sold out. It never does. Unless NASCRAP were to race there. :tony:

Methanolandbrats
07-25-07, 12:18 PM
Overflow isn't sold out. It never does. Unless NASCRAP were to race there. :tony: That would be Hillbilly Woodstock :yuck:

TrueBrit
07-25-07, 12:53 PM
Overflow isn't sold out. It never does. Unless NASCRAP were to race there. :tony:

I just called, the Boozer camp ground is sold out...the Carousel is still available...

RHR_Fan
07-30-07, 03:59 PM
Spicoli, are you going to make another _____mania poster this year?

TRDfan
07-30-07, 06:37 PM
Sat and Sunday for me....bringing along 5-7 guys from work too.
(Thanks goodness for ****** freebies)

Spicoli
07-30-07, 08:15 PM
I just called, the Boozer camp ground is sold out...the Carousel is still available...

so, what is the deal here? The pieces of the story I am getting are that there was some sort of "incident" at the AMA races in early June and that the T2 usual sandbox of unsobriety is now off limits? Also heard that the whole place is gates locked at 10pm. Remember those 'tards with the pocket rocket and the crappy Van Halen music at the back corner got OWI/DUI/DWI'd on Sat night and the one kid had to walk back from wherever? That prolly didn't help. I tried calling today to see what was the deal, and the lady said "Call back later in the week, we are not supposed to talk about it." BS.

Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? Anyone?

Spicoli
07-30-07, 08:20 PM
Spicoli, are you going to make another _____mania poster this year?

I'm rollin on the Bobby Doorknobs F.C. train. :gomer: got any good fotos?

rocket
07-30-07, 08:24 PM
Story one, T2 camping is limited due to issues this year at previous events.

Story two, T2 camping is eliminated altogether because that area is going to be used as overflow paddock due to all the series that will be there that weekend.

The lockdown time seems like BS, if you expect me to be in the sack by 10pm you better be supplying me with a 23 y.o. nympho....redhead, 5'8" with an athletic build.:rofl:

Spicoli
07-30-07, 08:30 PM
Story one, T2 camping is limited due to issues this year at previous events.

Story two, T2 camping is eliminated altogether because that area is going to be used as overflow paddock due to all the series that will be there that weekend.

The lockdown time seems like BS, if you expect me to be in the sack by 10pm you better be supplying me with a 23 y.o. nympho....redhead, 5'8" with an athletic build.:rofl:

OK, that kinda makes sense - thanks.

But I think the 10pm lockdown is just the in/out on the grounds. You can still stay up as late as you would like. And i suppose you will. :D

RHR_Fan
07-30-07, 09:40 PM
I'm rollin on the Bobby Doorknobs F.C. train. :gomer: got any good fotos?

Don't know, I'll have to check. ;)

So does this supposed 10:00 p.m. lockdown mean that that one gate (gate 6? - one of the ones on 67) isn't open all night like it used to be?

I have heard that the "old" turn 2 campground is now going to be used as overflow. Guess we won't know until we get there.

~Nicole

RTKar
07-30-07, 10:20 PM
Sounds like RA is going to have some unhappy customers on what otherwise would be a successful weekend for them :shakehead :irked: :flame: :thumdown:

manic mechanic
07-30-07, 11:25 PM

But I think the 10pm lockdown is just the in/out on the grounds. You can still stay up as late as you would like. And i suppose you will. :D

This could be a problem for some of us... Will there be a place to move our cars in order to hang out a little while and still get back to our lodgings if they are locking people in/out at 10PM?

If not, it could seriously crimp my RA experience. :shakehead

manic

Methanolandbrats
07-30-07, 11:52 PM
This could be a problem for some of us... Will there be a place to move our cars in order to hang out a little while and still get back to our lodgings if they are locking people in/out at 10PM?

If not, it could seriously crimp my RA experience. :shakehead

manic If they do the 10pm lock the gates deal, they are just retarded. They finally get a big gate and start building for the future and they turn it into a Girl Scout Jamboree. How about banning alcohol and making S'mores mandatory. Dumb****s

Indy
07-31-07, 01:56 AM
So, let's say I am partying late there, and then want to return to my hotel. What are they going to do, force me to sleep on the grounds in my car?

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 11:00 AM
So, let's say I am partying late there, and then want to return to my hotel. What are they going to do, force me to sleep on the grounds in my car?

I just e-mailed Road America about these issues. Hopefully I'll here back soon.

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 11:36 AM
I was just thinking about the "curfew." The charity dinner is Friday night. The ALMS race is Saturday night. Do they (the track) really expect everyone to be out by 10:00 p.m.? I am especially thinking on Saturday night - some of the ALMS teams might pack up that same night and leave.

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 02:21 PM
Here's what I received from Road America:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Alternate Camping area (inside Turn 2) has been moved to an area east of
Turn 7. Gate 6 will be open 24 hours for easy access to and from the
facility.

Should you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

So Manic you can leave whenever and there still is an alternate, even though it has moved.

Spicoli
07-31-07, 03:03 PM
Just got off the phone with Lisa, and then Megan.

What happened at AMA weekend was some behoviour that had been escalating for several years. Evidently there was some pretty bad behaviour including drag racing and the Sherriff had to be called in and some arrests were made. Megan said they made us look like girl scouts.

T2 camping will be Paddock for next weekend's event.

"Adult" camping will be the area between T4-7 and it is SOLD OUT. They are taking no more reservations for that. All that is left is will be overflow family style camping with a 10pm curfew and she said they are not sure where it will be.

She also added that George has not decided what to do about the future of camping at RA.

no comment.:irked:

cameraman
07-31-07, 03:42 PM
One serious lawsuit over injuries/death from drunken idiots camping on the property could put RA out of business. The arrests alone could easily run their liability insurance rates through the roof. It doesn't take many ******s to ruin a good thing.:shakehead

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 05:16 PM
"Adult" camping will be the area between T4-7 and it is SOLD OUT. They are taking no more reservations for that. All that is left is will be overflow family style camping with a 10pm curfew and she said they are not sure where it will be.

She also added that George has not decided what to do about the future of camping at RA.

no comment.:irked:

There's supposedly always been a 10:00 p.m. curfew in family ground, but people never follow it. Also getting rid of camping would seriously suck.

G.
07-31-07, 05:24 PM
There's supposedly always been a 10:00 p.m. curfew in family ground, but people never follow it. Also getting rid of camping would seriously suck.I always did, but then again I'm a Girl Scout.

I am confused. There's not a ton of camping in T4-7, unless you are on the T3-side of T4. I really LIKE camping with child in T4. It's a good spot. I want to camp there.

My guess, they're spreading the Alternates out.

Megger
07-31-07, 07:59 PM

I got a similar story from a friend who got a letter in the mail from RA. Reason being the last two events the camping area has been out of control. People on the track and breaking into food stands. Lockdown 10pm only 6 per site. Wrist bands required. also the camp sites are no longer for rent. last year we had 2 football fields to our selves in 2 so I didn't think I needed to rush and buy a spot. What a bunch of retards.:shakehead

RTKar
07-31-07, 09:05 PM
Lockdown....:shakehead So people camping can't leave , go out to dinner or hang out at Siebkins after 10pm ???

What's next guard towers, search lights and razor wire?

manic mechanic
07-31-07, 09:27 PM
So Manic you can leave whenever and there still is an alternate, even though it has moved.

Thanks Nic.. All I need now is a track map (and my work assignment) and I should be good to go.

I will have to take it easy due to the drive back to my hotel, but I should still be able to enjoy myself.

One request: Don't treat me like you did RHR a few years ago...I'm married!!:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

manic

RTKar
07-31-07, 09:43 PM
Thinking about this some more....

RA should look at each particular race weekend of theirs individually. My guess is that each weekend has it's own distinct crowd much in the same way that IMS has it's own for the INDY 497.5, The Brickyard 400 and the late USGP. I've been to all three at one time or another and each race has it's own type of crowd, flavor and level of revelry. Outside of the usual race weekend issues I don't see how the CC/ALMS crowd can be likened to a bike crowd.

Hire more security or off duty cops if need be but don't treat every customer like a soccer hooligan. on what should be a succesful weekend. And, to consider not allowing camping in the future??? That's ludicrous! and makes very poor business sense. You might as well turn the track into custom homes and an 18 hole course...

RHR_Fan
07-31-07, 10:42 PM
Lockdown....:shakehead So people camping can't leave , go out to dinner or hang out at Siebkins after 10pm ???

What's next guard towers, search lights and razor wire?

That's not the assumption I got from the e-mail I received. One of the gates leading in and out of the track is open 24 hours. Are you/we thinking that there will be security inside the track preventing people from leaving the campground area?

rocket
07-31-07, 11:26 PM
What I was told today, was that there is no "adult camping" those that purchased the T2 area passes will be down in that area Spicoli mentioned above. There is still overflow family camping. It sounds like the 10pm "curfew" or quiet time is being applied to everyone that is camping at the track. At least that's what the lady I talked to today was saying. I'm guessing when they talk about limiting access to certain areas, they are talking about keeping folks out of the paddock and away from the vendor areas late at night.

Ziggy
08-02-07, 01:44 PM
I think it depends on who you talk with.

They seem almost as clueless as spicoli

"im tellin' im tellin'"

Im gonna tell, ok, Im really gonna tell

you ****ing arsehat