PDA

View Full Version : RA 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

Spicoli
08-02-07, 01:56 PM
they sold us camping spots today in T4/T3 area....

rocket
08-02-07, 04:14 PM
they sold us camping spots today in T4/T3 area....

I think that's about where I am too.

Just a warning, if I wake up and you're snuggled up next to me, you're gonna get punched....hard:D

Ziggy
08-02-07, 05:30 PM
h

manic mechanic
08-03-07, 12:27 AM
I think it depends on who you talk with.

They seem almost as clueless as spicoli

"im tellin' im tellin'"

Im gonna tell, ok, Im really gonna tell

you ****ing arsehat

Well, knowing who you "hang with" (or used to hang with), I'd say Spiccoli's credibility is about equal with yours. :p

Object lesson: Consider the source...And I'm not sure I trust either one of you!

IMHO, Those that dwell in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

manic

Ziggy
08-03-07, 06:03 AM
what do you know?

Ziggy
08-03-07, 06:05 AM
ouch that hurts. news flash, a few pm's from your butt buddies does not equate knowing someone.

Kiwifan
08-03-07, 06:41 AM
I remember when people used to talk about the racing at RA, how times change, but what do I know? :) I would love to be able to attend that track, it looks beautiful and seems to set those cars free to race.

Take care all,

Rusty.

G.
08-03-07, 11:32 AM
I remember when people used to talk about the racing at RA, how times change, but what do I know? :) I would love to be able to attend that track, it looks beautiful and seems to set those cars free to race.

Take care all,

Rusty.They (RA) have a lot planned for the weekend. It's going to rawk!

Cam
08-03-07, 04:21 PM
They (RA) have a lot planned for the weekend. It's going to rawk!

Shut up!!! Just STFU!!! Please!!! :cry:

G.
08-03-07, 05:10 PM
Shut up!!! Just STFU!!! Please!!! :cry:Sorry man.

Hope all is well.

RHR_Fan
08-03-07, 10:18 PM
Shut up!!! Just STFU!!! Please!!! :cry:

What is the beverage of choice I can drink for you? Just remember that depending on what it is someone will have to buy it for me. ;)

manic mechanic
08-03-07, 11:07 PM
ouch that hurts. news flash, a few pm's from your butt buddies does not equate knowing someone.

Ahem... All I know about you came from PMs penned by (drum roll, please)... YOU!

I never said I knew either one of you, only that I didn't trust you (no offense meant). ;)

I should have postscripted a bit higher level sarcasm... perhaps you might have taken it differently had I done so.

My bad... So sad... Deal with it, Zig.:laugh:

manic

Cam
08-04-07, 02:16 AM
What is the beverage of choice I can drink for you? Just remember that depending on what it is someone will have to buy it for me. ;)

Beer... And lots of it!!! :D

Ray Scar
08-07-07, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know if a certain Norwegian will be attending this year?

CART 500
08-07-07, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know if a certain Norwegian will be attending this year?

not this year

Spicoli
08-07-07, 09:24 PM
I heard a famous Carol Channing impersonator will be in the crowd. :D

http://i13.tinypic.com/6aprnlv.jpg

tantra
08-07-07, 09:32 PM
Just a bit of info I picked up recently.
ALMS will be the primary series at RA. CC paddock will not be adjacent to the track, but rather in the lower paddock area. CC teams not looking forward to towing cars up the hill to get to the pits. Also, the promoters are requiring ALMS to say over until Sunday. Rational? In order that the place doesn't look empty during the TV coverage of CC race Sunday. ALMS not happy with that, as it will cost them another day's expenses to ramain overnight in the area.

On the upside, perhaps more of the crews will be in the camping area to save some money of their per-diem.

See you in the woods, or wherever the hell they stick us this year.

Methanolandbrats
08-07-07, 09:42 PM
Just a bit of info I picked up recently.
ALMS will be the primary series at RA. CC paddock will not be adjacent to the track, but rather in the lower paddock area. CC teams not looking forward to towing cars up the hill to get to the pits. Also, the promoters are requiring ALMS to say over until Sunday. Rational? In order that the place doesn't look empty during the TV coverage of CC race Sunday. ALMS not happy with that, as it will cost them another day's expenses to ramain overnight in the area.

On the upside, perhaps more of the crews will be in the camping area to save some money of their per-diem.

See you in the woods, or wherever the hell they stick us this year. Are you f'n kidding me, the Champcar teams have to paddock in the grass? :saywhat:

Spicoli
08-07-07, 09:47 PM
Are you f'n kidding me, the Champcar teams have to paddock in the grass? :saywhat:

You mean the "North Paddock" down by 14? That doesn't make sense. There's a poopload of space in the reg & "upper" paddocks. Why not put the little guys (BMWs, ATLs, StarMazdas, etc ) down there?

glad the ALMS guys are sticking around tho - their race ends at 8pm, why not stick around and party. I know I will be doing that. :thumbup:

RHR_Fan
08-07-07, 10:03 PM
You mean the "North Paddock" down by 14? That doesn't make sense. There's a poopload of space in the reg & "upper" paddocks. Why not put the little guys (BMWs, ATLs, StarMazdas, etc ) down there?

glad the ALMS guys are sticking around tho - their race ends at 8pm, why not stick around and party. I know I will be doing that. :thumbup:

ALMS will have the "normal" paddock. With all of the construction that took place a few years ago to expand the main paddock I'd assume Champ Car would be in the additional area. Atlantics would be parallel to pit road, Star Mazda right there as well and whatever else is racing would be down in the turn 14 paddock. I guess the new main paddock area might be used for hospitality. Guess we'll find out Thursday!

tantra
08-07-07, 10:17 PM
My source may have been misinformed by CC, or posssibly I misunderstood what he was telling me. If either be the case, we will, as some intelligent, rational, and questioning minds have said, soon discover the truth of the matter.

I look forward to being at RA again and sharing the good times with you folk. Perhaps we can even find time to have a beer and celebrate the drivers, the teams, the weather, the bugs, the grass, and whatever else you may wish to celebrate.

Tim
08-07-07, 10:18 PM
I'll be thinking about all of you while attending a goddamned wedding in Appleton over the weekend. I hope it rains all 3 days.

RTKar
08-07-07, 10:36 PM
I'll be thinking about all of you while attending a goddamned wedding in Appleton over the weekend. I hope it rains all 3 days.

Unless it's yours, don't go. If it is...still don't go.

Spicoli
08-07-07, 10:41 PM
My source may have been misinformed by CC, or posssibly I misunderstood what he was telling me. If either be the case, we will, as some intelligent, rational, and questioning minds have said, soon discover the truth of the matter.

I look forward to being at RA again and sharing the good times with you folk. Perhaps we can even find time to have a beer and celebrate the drivers, the teams, the weather, the bugs, the grass, and whatever else you may wish to celebrate.

You are correct. WGAF where they park the ****ing cars, as long as they can get em on track.

Beers commence to icin' tomorrow nite. :thumbup: See you ooot thar.

TrueBrit
08-08-07, 10:44 AM
Quick show of hands...who's arriving thursday on who's arriving friday?

Perhaps the thursday arrivers could give the friday gang the low-down on how things look?

G.
08-08-07, 11:07 AM

Perhaps the thursday arrivers could give the friday gang the low-down on how things look?

Thursday night. No innerweb along with.

RHR_Fan
08-08-07, 11:38 AM

Why didn't you get that note from Swintal? ;)

Dirty Sanchez
08-08-07, 03:30 PM

Perhaps the thursday arrivers could give the friday gang the low-down on how things look?sure thing. I'll be there tomorrow when the gates open. give me a call around mid-morning and I'll give you an update.

312.943.5397 :thumbup:

G.
08-09-07, 11:34 AM
did anyone call the J-tog this AM?

TrueBrit
08-09-07, 11:35 AM
sure thing. I'll be there tomorrow when the gates open. give me a call around mid-morning and I'll give you an update.

312.943.5397 :thumbup:

Hmmmm...that number doesn't appear to be working....

CART 500
08-09-07, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm...that number doesn't appear to be working....

try it again I just talked to him

TrueBrit
08-09-07, 12:27 PM
try it again I just talked to him

Hmm, no luck...but I did get an interesting offer that would only cost me $150/half hour....

cameraman
08-09-07, 01:01 PM
"Cruising the second floor playground" sounds to be a rather different experience:eek:

CART 500
08-09-07, 02:05 PM
DS gets someone evertime with that one :D

G.
08-09-07, 02:15 PM
Camping is into the 2nd overflow area. :thumbup:

Leaving in 45 mins.

TrueBrit
08-09-07, 02:17 PM
Camping is into the 2nd overflow area. :thumbup:

Leaving in 45 mins.

Which is where?

diamond dave
08-09-07, 03:42 PM
Which is where?
next to the trees with the green leaves;)

Redwing
08-09-07, 07:32 PM
Bringing along the bikes for tomorrow, on foot Saturday and sunday. The whole damn redwing family is there, just like the good ole days.

ALMS from 4-8pm, almost a night race Saturday, it's going to be magic.

Megger
08-09-07, 10:06 PM
My flight departs Friday 7pm from Tampa. I will see everyone Sat. Night because of the new rules. Can't wait to watch some racin and have some beers!:gomer:

KaBoom21
08-10-07, 09:03 AM
wtf is w/ the camping rules? I have to have a superticket and camp for the weekend? How easy is it to circumvent this BS and just sleep in a car for the night at the track?

G.
08-12-07, 10:42 PM
I'm beat.

Great time.

The g. says hi.

stroker
08-13-07, 09:16 AM
So how was the crowd, guys? Looked like about 30K to me. Wish I'd been there.

:cry:

Spicoli
08-13-07, 10:18 AM
So how was the crowd, guys? Looked like about 30K to me. Wish I'd been there.

:cry:

Place was packed. Moreso on Sat., but still very good. Paddock was biggie. about the only flop was the CARA dinner on Fri nite, only maybe 50 peeps there (I did not go just drove by a couple times).

Drank a lot of beer. Feel like llama today.

RHR_Fan
08-13-07, 02:21 PM
Did anyone else meet Charlie from St. Louis? :D

KaBoom21
08-14-07, 10:43 AM
Champ Car Jesus!

Spicoli
08-14-07, 10:49 AM
Champ Car Jesus!

nobody believed me. did he ever change hi shirt? Melt Banana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melt-Banana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvuHlA1Vtvw

Always good to see Hink at RA. :thumbup:

G.
08-15-07, 10:23 AM
I ran into Beer and another YFDS'er Saturday.

When I asked them which car Danica was in, they gave me a look like they just caught me ****ing their cat.:laugh: Then they recognized me from talking with chop, rocket and 'lock. (hey 'lock. Didn't get a chance to talk. You and Joe seemed to be having an intimate moment, I didn't want to interrupt.:D )

If you've never been to RA, you MUST go. Some things in life are non-negotiable. This is one of them.

rocket
08-15-07, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I wonder if chop ever got that stench out of the wagon.
It's funny we ended up camping right by you G. when I saw you waving at me coming over the hill, my friend Jim asked who that was. I told him I think it's someone coming to kick my ***:D

G.
08-15-07, 06:13 PM
It's funny we ended up camping right by you G. when I saw you waving at me coming over the hill, my friend Jim asked who that was. I told him I think it's someone coming to kick my ***:DYeah, I thought about it. There's some karate moves I saw on youtube that I've been wanting to try out...:D

Warlock!
08-16-07, 07:31 AM
(hey 'lock. Didn't get a chance to talk. You and Joe seemed to be having an intimate moment, I didn't want to interrupt.:D )
I wish you would have. My ribs still hurt and I can't get the taste out of my mouth.

RHR_Fan
08-16-07, 11:38 AM
I didn't see any of y'all. :( Although I wasn't exactly "people searching." Where was everyone camped?

TrueBrit
08-16-07, 12:08 PM
Yellow section....overflow from the Carousel...a long, long, LONG way from the Carousel....

manic mechanic
11-10-07, 11:18 PM
Yellow section....overflow from the Carousel...a long, long, LONG way from the Carousel....

BTW TB: I had "Old Speckled Hen off a nitrogen tap recently.... I will concur that it's a fine brew! :thumbup:

manic