View Full Version : Spicoli's Hiro Arrested

SurfaceUnits
06-02-07, 12:34 PM
IndyStar.com Metro & State
10:56 AM June 2, 2007

Dozen teens, ex-QB for Colts arrested

By Rob Schneider
rob.schneider@indystar.com

Police arrested Jack Trudeau, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback, and a dozen teenagers early Saturday after police responded to a complaint of a loud party and found liquor being served at a Park Tudor High School graduation party.

Police found the teens in the Trudeau's yard in the 9100 block of Timberwolf Lane in Zionsville.

When police first asked Trudeau if they could check on the welfare of the teenagers, he told them they would need a warrant, according to a Boone County Sheriff's Department press release.

A warrant was obtained, and police later charged Trudeau with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Also, 12 people over the age of 18 were charged with possession of alcohol. Of those 12, five were also charged with resisting law enforcement after they were found hiding in the woods around the Trudeau home. One person who was younger than 18 tested positive for alcohol consumption and was turned over to parents.

Charges against other adults and minors who were at the party are under review, police said.

The arrests come two months after Boone County officials announced a campaign to curb underage drinking.

Spicoli
06-02-07, 04:04 PM
:rofl:

What a loser.

cart7
06-02-07, 07:55 PM
I take it one of the teens was Trudeau's or does he often invite groups of teenagers over to get drunk in his yard? :gomer:

meadors
06-02-07, 09:02 PM
Reminds me of something I read a couple of years ago in my local paper. Saw a name I recognized from high school and 1 or 2 terms at college. Apparently this guy who was a sub par high school jock and near do well decided that parties with his high school age son would be a great bonding experience. Guy was arrested for providing alcohol to minors, sexual assault, statutory rape, contributing, etc etc. The arrest report sounded really sick, and pretty explicit; he was having his son (an average high school jock) bring underage high school girls to the house, getting them drunk and raping them.
I was kind of embarrassed to think I had even been in the same school with the guy.
:yuck:

stroker
06-02-07, 10:05 PM
Reminds me of something I read a couple of years ago in my local paper. Saw a name I recognized from high school and 1 or 2 terms at college. Apparently this guy who was a sub par high school jock and near do well decided that parties with his high school age son would be a great bonding experience. Guy was arrested for providing alcohol to minors, sexual assault, statutory rape, contributing, etc etc. The arrest report sounded really sick, and pretty explicit; he was having his son (an average high school jock) bring underage high school girls to the house, getting them drunk and raping them.
I was kind of embarrassed to think I had even been in the same school with the guy.
:yuck:

you mean that's illegal???!!!! Damn, there go my retirement plans...

:rofl:

Andrew Longman
06-03-07, 10:24 AM
The arrest report sounded really sick, and pretty explicit; he was having his son (an average high school jock) bring underage high school girls to the house, getting them drunk and raping them. :yuck:

That sounds familiar. Wasn't there a story in the news within the last few years about a pro football player doing something similar?

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-07, 10:30 AM
Uh, the Minnesota Vikings? :confused:

Andrew Longman
06-03-07, 10:39 AM
Uh, the Minnesota Vikings? :confused:

No, that was legal. Remember Lake Minnitonkan is in international waters.:gomer:

I remember some teenage girl claiming she was drunk and raped in the bathroom of a pro player and he claiming it was consentual. Either way we was a friend of his son. Whatever, I'm not sure.

G.
06-03-07, 11:18 AM
No, that was legal. Remember Lake Minnitonkan is in international waters.:gomer:

I remember some teenage girl claiming she was drunk and raped in the bathroom of a pro player and he claiming it was consentual. Either way we was a friend of his son. Whatever, I'm not sure.That was a GB Packer. Forget his name.

Andrew Longman
06-03-07, 11:23 AM
That was a GB Packer. Forget his name.

Bingo!

Mark Chmura

Although his five-year contract was not due to expire until 2003, Chmura was released by the Packers in 2000 partly because of a significant neck injury and partly because of the disgrace following allegations of having inappropriate sexual contact on April 8, 2000 at a Waukesha Catholic Memorial High School prom party with the then 17-year-old babysitter of his children. Ultimately, Chmura was tried and found not guilty of all charges [3]. Two days after being acquitted of child enticement and third-degree sexual assault, Mark Chmura acknowledged that his behavior at a post-prom party "wasn't something a married man should do."

And interestingly...

In 1997, Chmura refused to meet with United States President Bill Clinton at the White House following the Packers Super Bowl XXXI win. Chmura, a popular fixture at Republican fund-raisers, said at the time that he had lost respect for President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky scandal and could not bear to shake his hand.

Indy
06-03-07, 12:54 PM
Bingo!

Mark Chmura

And interestingly...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spicoli
06-04-07, 12:04 PM
Damn. Lead story all over the local news today. How times have changed.

You can go to IRAQ and die for your country when you are 18, but heaven forbid you celebrate HS graduation by having a beer at your friends house. :shakehead Story goes on to say that everyopne was required to put their car keys in a basket and stay the night.

How F'd up is this place anymore? :mad:

Spicoli
06-04-07, 05:42 PM
oh for chrissakes they are charging him with a felony now.

Former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jack Trudeau will face an additional charge of obstructing justice, a Class D felony, after police found underage Park Tudor students celebrating their graduation with alcoholic beverages in his home over the weekend.

Look, Trudeau is an ******** for sure, but this is getting crazy.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070604/LOCAL0202/706040404

:shakehead

SurfaceUnits
06-05-07, 09:26 AM
Those Conseco crooks were there as well.

The police affidavit in the case also says that former Conseco chief Stephen Hilbert was a guest at Trudeau's house and told officers they would need a search warrant after police showed up to check on a report of juveniles drinking at the party. Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell said Hilbert is involved in an ongoing investigation.

Spicoli
06-05-07, 09:46 AM
Those Conseco crooks were there as well.

The police affidavit in the case also says that former Conseco chief Stephen Hilbert was a guest at Trudeau's house and told officers they would need a search warrant after police showed up to check on a report of juveniles drinking at the party. Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell said Hilbert is involved in an ongoing investigation.

yep. This is talk 0 the town this week. I had a talk with a judge I know, and things don;t look so good for JT. Evidently its one thing if the parents gave consent, or were there, as in "my kid can have a beer" so its on them. Another thing altogether when the parents had no idea. And evidently this isn;t the first time for Jack. boone county is about as conservative as you can get, and the neighbors have been complaining, and then Jack pizzed off the Serriffs....and then, well, you see what happened.:shakehead

Andrew Longman
06-05-07, 10:12 AM
Any of a number of mistakes would have got him.

Too much noise and pissing off the neighbors is a good start.

Once you DO draw the attention of the cops, its rarely a good idea to get cute about warrants and piss them off too.

Collecting names and keys may seem noble and responsible but it shows prior intent to allow underage drinking. Can't say, "Hey I didn't serve them and I didn't search them" when you are clearly giving the wink to mischief.

Its not clear how many kids were there but its a fair bet there were a lot. There is little chance he had any conversation with parents about booze at the party. While not illegal, in a civilized society I'd like to think that in situations such as this parents take responsibility for other peoples' kids and not just presume its OK to let them get drunk. I'm not much of a prude (I say) and if close families want to allow a little partying among friends, I won't stop them, but don't make choices for the entire HS.

But Spic, you're right, the rightious police are out in force. At a prom last year at a near by HS, a teacher found an empty water bottle at a table for 10 that smelled of vodka. The kids were all dancing, so they hauled about 40 kids from that table and surrounding tables to the hospital so they could test their blood for booze. It took hours and they all missed the rest of the prom. This year, they spent thousands of tax dollars on portable breathalyzers and the test every kid at most events now. :rolleyes:

As for my own local HS a group a sensible parents have led an effort to ban most drug and alcohol testing and install most modest policies that require some probable cause before seaching lockers, cars or bloodstreams.

Spicoli
06-05-07, 10:09 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070605/LOCAL0202/706050443

and just down the street, this morning.

jeebus. move away people. :shakehead

stroker
06-05-07, 10:32 PM
Damn. Lead story all over the local news today. How times have changed.

You can go to IRAQ and die for your country when you are 18, but heaven forbid you celebrate HS graduation by having a beer at your friends house. :shakehead Story goes on to say that everyopne was required to put their car keys in a basket and stay the night.

How F'd up is this place anymore? :mad:

Seems to me that if you're going to be consistent, you either have to move the age of drinking to the same as "adulthood" at 18 or move the voting age back to 21. Depends on what's more important to you--18 year olds voting or 18 year olds drinking. But then nobody ever said laws had to make sense.

Andrew Longman
06-06-07, 10:09 AM
Seems to me that if you're going to be consistent, you either have to move the age of drinking to the same as "adulthood" at 18 or move the voting age back to 21. Depends on what's more important to you--18 year olds voting or 18 year olds drinking. But then nobody ever said laws had to make sense.

You can kill and be killed in Vietnam but not buy a beer when home on leave was much of the argument for moving the drinking age from 21 to 18 years ago.

When it moved to 19 (in some states) and then 21 in the late 70s/early 80s it was in response to skyrocketing drunk driving deaths among young people.

Today, young people still lead the way in auto related deaths and alcohol is still a common factor, but better enforcement and education as well as a greater taboo against drunk driving have brought alcohol related accidents and deaths way down, even among youths.

Graduated and restricted licenses that many states have also seem to be making an impact, though in NJ at least there is a serious enforcement issue. For example since it went into place several years ago the Star Ledger report not a single ticket has been written in the state for new drivers with more than one non-family member passenger. The point is that young people often kill themselves in cars and there are many factors, not just alcohol and an approach that looks to the causes rather than rushing to broadly restrict civil liberties is a smarter approach.

BTW many don't realize the the military allows 18YOs to drink on every base in the world. Those same soldiers, sailors and marines can't drink on leave in the US because the Feds will withhold highway money to any state with a drinking age lower than 21.

TKGAngel
06-06-07, 10:23 AM
One of the suburban districts here made it a requirement that before students could purchase prom tickets, the parents needed to attend a drug/alcohol class. The theory was that attending the class would help the parents recognize signs of intoxication and drug use. The class also showed the parents common drug paraphanilia (ie: bongs) that are in use by those crazy kids today. The class was three hours long!!

For next year, the district is making it mandatory that before a student purchases a ticket to any dance, that the parents attend the class. The certificate of attendance at the class will then be good for four years.

Methanolandbrats
06-06-07, 10:47 AM
One of the suburban districts here made it a requirement that before students could purchase prom tickets, the parents needed to attend a drug/alcohol class. The theory was that attending the class would help the parents recognize signs of intoxication and drug use. The class also showed the parents common drug paraphanilia (ie: bongs) that are in use by those crazy kids today. The class was three hours long!!

For next year, the district is making it mandatory that before a student purchases a ticket to any dance, that the parents attend the class. The certificate of attendance at the class will then be good for four years. That is insane. What district did that? One thing Pol Pot was right about was his purging of school administrators. Most of them pull down huge salaries to think up stupid **** like that class. Hell, many parents can tell what intoxication looks like by looking in the mirror and most know what a bong looks like because they threw theirs away when their kids were born.

Andrew Longman
06-06-07, 11:06 AM
So you learn to tell when your kid has been drinking, then what? Are you supposed to keep them from going to the prom? Tell them they better not drink on prom night? Is the threat of being found out by your folks going to keep you from drinking? What?

These folks are busying themselves so they can feel good that they are doing something to prevent drug/booze abuse without thinking through how it actually will work.

Hunterdon Central HS in NJ put through a policy, then used tax dollars to defend it all the way to the Supreme Court, that made regular and random drug testing mandatory for anyone participating in any extracurricular activity, from football to the chess club.

Their leading reason was this would do the kids a favor when they face peer pressure to use drug or alcohol. It would give them an out. Forget about teaching them about personal responsibility and handling peers. They won't need that skill later in life. They'll probably get tested to get and keep a job anyway.:rolleyes:

Sean O'Gorman
06-06-07, 11:34 AM
Personally I think you should be allowed to drink at age 16 if you have a full time job, and not at all until 21 otherwise.

Spicoli
06-06-07, 12:23 PM
Personally I think you should be allowed to drink at age 16 if you have a full time job, and not at all until 21 otherwise.

I think you should be able to drink when you move out of your parents house.

Ankf00
06-06-07, 12:30 PM
I think you should be able to drink when you move out of your parents house.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Sean O'Gorman
06-06-07, 12:33 PM
I've got an apartment now, morons.

Spicoli
06-06-07, 12:35 PM
I've got an apartment now, morons.

You call it what you want, it's still your parent's basement.

Ankf00
06-06-07, 12:36 PM
I suppose there are more important things in life than securing housing, such as dribbing in circles in parking lots. I understand the 8 year delay in moving from the upstairs to the basement. Tires are expensive, after all.

Sean O'Gorman
06-06-07, 12:40 PM
Racing > paying rent

Spicoli
06-06-07, 12:45 PM
hate = thread derailment = :rofl:

back on topic peeples:

Trudeau's still in trubble.

Ankf00
06-06-07, 12:51 PM
Uncle Rico.

Spicoli
06-06-07, 01:00 PM
http://i7.tinypic.com/4pwwc1t.jpg

TKGAngel
06-06-07, 01:13 PM
These folks are busying themselves so they can feel good that they are doing something to prevent drug/booze abuse without thinking through how it actually will work.

Ding. We have a winner. Most of the parents just went to the class so that their kids could go to prom. Of course, the media found the few parents to talk to who were genuinely shocked that teenagers drink and do drugs.