PDA

View Full Version : Seventhgear.com is back!!!

ba43
05-30-07, 06:06 PM
:) Got your attention did it? Well at least a small part of 7G is still around.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad I can still find some of my old friends from Seventhgear.com here at Offcamber.net still pulling for Champcar, voicing opinions, remembering the forlorn safety cone escapades, etc.

It's been quite some time since I gave up my credential and stopped writing. 2004 was my last hardcard but I still keep an eye on things. I keep busy with maintaining a home, being married, watering my garden, you know, normal stuff like that.

I do miss the old days though and reading thru some of the threads here made me just a little nostalgic for the times I shared at 7G with many of you.

I enjoyed writing about CART and interviewing the drivers and other people in the series from 2000-2004, but most of all, it was the fans I enjoyed interacting with the most. The real people who shared my passion for a series that is still trying to be the best.

Having those 7G get togethers was the best. Having guest drivers show up and giving away stuff, asking trivia questions, etc. Those were fun events. I enjoyed it best when someone from the forums would come up and introduce themselves as their forum name. It was nice to be able to put a face to the name.

Anyway, I'll be stopping by from time to time now to get back in touch with you and share some ideas, memories, opinions, etc.

See you at the track.

Brad Allen

nissan gtp
05-30-07, 06:59 PM
just find the place ? :rofl:

where you been, Ansan ?

Spicoli
05-30-07, 07:31 PM
oh crap,,,competition,,,

ferrarigod
05-30-07, 07:42 PM
is paper fronting this? i'm sure it will be as exciting as the Crapfanatics.

pimping defunct websites that once posted about a defunct series with defunct supporters isn't nice to do to OC.net.

ba43
05-30-07, 07:43 PM
Actually, I've been aware of the champcar sites, including this one. However, I just got back to where I can actually take part in them and type well again. :eek:

In November 2002, while still working with 7G, I had a fireworks accident at my full time place of employment and significantly burned both of my hands. I suffered second degree burns to over 75% of my hands. :flame: :cry:

Needless to say, I had priorities that took most of my time and energies other than forums, chat rooms, etc.:( I could still type, but it did hurt a bit. So I stopped writing and concentrated on using a microphone during my last year and a half at 7G/Crash.net

So, it's very nice to be back.

Brad

Spicoli
05-30-07, 07:57 PM
you may have some luck,,,,if you avoid,,,certain posters.

and sorry to hear bout the hands.:saywhat:

cyclepath
05-31-07, 12:14 PM
you may have some luck,,,,if you avoid,,,certain posters.

and sorry to hear bout the hands.:saywhat:

Ditto..
And boy do you have alot of make-up work to do!!!!

RHR_Fan
05-31-07, 12:35 PM
Brad Allen...now there's a 7G name I actually remember.

nrc
05-31-07, 05:07 PM
is paper fronting this? i'm sure it will be as exciting as the Crapfanatics.

pimping defunct websites that once posted about a defunct series with defunct supporters isn't nice to do to OC.net.

I think you misunderstood him.

Welcome to Off Camber, Brad. :thumbup:

JoeBob
05-31-07, 05:23 PM
Welcome, Brad.

It's always nice to see an old name come around and say hi!

Indy
05-31-07, 08:08 PM
Yo!

oddlycalm
05-31-07, 08:16 PM
Brad, nice to have you here. Sorry to hear about the hands.

oc

meadors
05-31-07, 09:03 PM
Good to see you back, we may have met at Monterey one year (2002) but I remember your interviews and writings. Do you ever see what's his name from axr1? You used to work together some if I remember correctly.

I've kind of lost track of all the people who helped at 7g and here.

Hope your injuries have healed well, sounds scary!!!

Dr. Corkski
05-31-07, 09:31 PM
OMGHi2U

CART License
06-01-07, 02:02 AM
Brad, Nice to hear from you and welcome to OC, I remember your bandaged hands from a Long Beach 7G get-together (I think it was Long Beach) Mr. Pook was in attendance. Anyway welcome and hope you stick around.

Jamie

mapguy
06-01-07, 05:14 AM
Will the server still be housed in a port-a-pottie?

;)

rocket
06-01-07, 05:57 AM
Will the server still be housed in a port-a-pottie?

;)

Server or Service...whichever:rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
06-01-07, 09:11 PM
Welcome back Brad. I remember you.:thumbup:

Spicoli
06-01-07, 09:31 PM
just thopught of this:

did they bring you back as a pall-bearer?

cart7
06-01-07, 09:38 PM
Where were you working that brought you into contact with fireworks? :confused:

tantra
06-01-07, 09:54 PM
Good to hear from you, Brad. I'll throw a memory out and perhaps someone else will step up.

Mid-Ohio get-together with a couple of new kids. One guy's name was Mario Dominguez and the other, an Atlantics up-and-comer, went by the name Ryan Hunter-Reay. I think they fought each other over which one would get to drive the Ferrari first. Upon arrival at the resturaunt, Ryan looked like a sponsor's dream, and Mario looked as if he had been invited to the gathering as some kind of sacrifice to the racing gods.

Good times!

Mr. Toad
06-01-07, 10:36 PM
Welcome home.

Napoleon
06-02-07, 02:37 PM
Welcome aboard Brad.