PDA

View Full Version : "What'd she say?" "I Duno."

rabbit
05-30-07, 11:08 AM
My seven-year-old daughter was watching Indy with me on Sunday when they interviewed Milka Duno. As the interview (mercifully) wraps up, the wee one puts her hands on her ears and sez:

"I can't understand her at all and it's making my head hurt." :laugh:

pchall
05-30-07, 11:44 AM
good one :)

G.
05-30-07, 12:13 PM
Milka has an accent thick enough to withstand chainsaws. Then she gets excuted and her voice goes up high and it sounds like Charo on helium. I'm watching the tape of this and my 12-year-old daughter is watching with me and she said, I swear to God, "What (language) is she speaking?" :rofl: :laugh:

Andrew Longman
05-30-07, 12:57 PM
Ride buyin' furiner.:gomer:

The important thing is that she has IIRC five Masters degrees.

And she has now learned that the apex to T1 is not in the grass.

OW
05-30-07, 09:52 PM
It IS kinda funny that I thought after her first interview that she should do her thing and NOT TALK

Anybody see the movie "quest for fire?" ;)

devilmaster
05-30-07, 10:35 PM
And she has now learned that the apex to T1 is not in the grass.

Well, before they bastardized the track, the grass wasn't there! ;)

Andrew Longman
05-31-07, 08:49 AM
Well, before they bastardized the track, the grass wasn't there! ;)

Just curious. You think running much of the lap on the apron and not having a separate lane for pit in/out is a good thing? Of TGs changes I thought the access lane and SAFER barriers were actually genuine (safefy) improvements.

devilmaster
05-31-07, 09:54 AM
Just curious. You think running much of the lap on the apron and not having a separate lane for pit in/out is a good thing? Of TGs changes I thought the access lane and SAFER barriers were actually genuine (safefy) improvements.

I was more joking in defense for duno, but the change happened long before I was on msg boards, so its a thought i've never discussed before.

When did the separation of pit lane happen? 88-90? At the time, I didn't like it. After Danny's spin and win, we all learned how the cars hated the painted line, but to me, that was part of those drivers being so good - who dared to run the line?

In the interest of safety I understand fully the concept of separating pit out and the groove. OTOH, it turned the turns into one lane, 1.5 tops. This past weekend, the track was one groove in the turns, as we saw when the back markers tried to get out of the way.

I suppose in the end, it woulda been interesting to see what the msg boards would have been like if they had made the change this year. I never was able to judge public perception of it when they did it.

Andrew Longman
05-31-07, 10:50 AM
The pit access lane and grass strip up to the white line went in before the 93 race. If you go back and look at the 92 race (and years prior) they were taking the turns with all four wheels several feet below the line. That also meant they were taking an apex right where car were making pit in/out. I don't recall that ever being a problem but it seemed to be an accident waiting to happen.

The pit access road also lessened the possibility of a repeat of the 80(?) race when Bobby Unser didn't blend properly back into the field under caution at pit out.

I think it was generally well received at the time but what do I know. I have some recollection of rumble strips being added below the line at some point and there were complaints about that until they took them out.

Chief
05-31-07, 12:29 PM
Just like "Charo" without the "koochie koochie".

extramundane
05-31-07, 12:57 PM
Just like "Charo" without the "koochie koochie".

In more ways than one. :eek:

JohnHKart
06-08-07, 01:44 AM
My seven-year-old daughter was watching Indy with me on Sunday when they interviewed Milka Duno. As the interview (mercifully) wraps up, the wee one puts her hands on her ears and sez:

Yep, I was just watching this week's NHRA race and thinking that when they interviewed Ashley Force, (for not the first time). I just proceed to make fun of her in a Peanuts teacher tongue when she talks, the same as Fox's useless pit reporter Kristin Voda, and any other female useless indecipherible pit reporters. At least Milka has a good excuse.

John

SurfaceUnits
06-08-07, 08:24 AM
Milky 'I Dunno" Duno says she doesn't know why she crashed while practicing at Texas.

chop456
06-08-07, 08:38 AM
I know why. :tony:

Methanolandbrats
06-08-07, 08:40 AM
I know why. :tony:
She got behind on her steering? :confused:

G.
06-08-07, 11:20 AM
She got behind on her steering? :confused:She got behind her steering wheel.

chop456
06-08-07, 12:23 PM
She got behind on her steering? :confused:

The reason I was thinking of involves a greasy stick and a dog's ass, but I won't mention that.

Methanolandbrats
06-08-07, 01:32 PM
The reason I was thinking of involves a greasy stick and a dog's ass, but I won't mention that. This is not the Paris Hilton jail thread.