PDA

View Full Version : First kid on the way

Pages : 1 [2]

stroker
07-10-08, 08:36 PM
Gorgeous! What eyes! What lips! What are you going to do when she wants to put make up all over that? lol!

She's running 90 to 95% on the height/weight/headsize charts for her age. I'm 6' 4" so we may have a real Amazon on our hands. She takes her first swimming lesson this weekend at 6 & 1/2 mo. of age--we're hoping she likes volleyball or swimming.

Makeup, though? I'm hoping she turns into a real gearhead and prefers a face full of axle grease or WD-40 with the scent of Hoppe's #9... I'm trying to figure out how to put a dirt oval in the backyard for a go-kart in a few years. Harbor Freight has these horizontal shaft engines cheap...

:D

emjaya
07-10-08, 09:48 PM
Another thing you have to look forward to....

My daughter Brittany (10 weeks shy of being 15) and myself were going out to Sycamore speedway on July 5th for the races and fireworks. A few hours before I am planning on picking her up from her mother's house, Brit calls me. "I have bad cramps and had my period today, can we skip going tonight?":eek:

Like I need to say it, love every minute with your kid(s) take them different places, let them see new things constantly. It's a trip seeing their reactions. Those moments will stick with you forever, it's great:D

That's quite a compliment she's paying you there. Not many daughters are that open with their father. Props to you and her. :thumbup:

OW
07-10-08, 10:13 PM
awesome Spicoli....
What is her Birthday?
Congratulations (on a lifetime of worry)

ow

rocket
07-10-08, 10:40 PM
She's running 90 to 95% on the height/weight/headsize charts for her age. I'm 6' 4" so we may have a real Amazon on our hands. She takes her first swimming lesson this weekend at 6 & 1/2 mo. of age--we're hoping she likes volleyball or swimming.

Makeup, though? I'm hoping she turns into a real gearhead and prefers a face full of axle grease or WD-40 with the scent of Hoppe's #9... I'm trying to figure out how to put a dirt oval in the backyard for a go-kart in a few years. Harbor Freight has these horizontal shaft engines cheap...

:D

Brit is big into volleyball, and she wants to race out at Sycamore speedway in the powder puff spectator races when she turns 16. I told her I would get her an old beater and help her out, as long as the grades were good and she stayed out of trouble (she runs close to an A average and about 1/2 her stuff is honors classes)

rocket
07-10-08, 10:44 PM
That's quite a compliment she's paying you there. Not many daughters are that open with their father. Props to you and her. :thumbup:
Yup, she is pretty open with me, to say she is very mature for her age is an understatement, anyone who's ever met her would agree. If you were to have a conversation with her, you'd guess she was probably 4 or 5 years older than she is.