PDA

View Full Version : Soft drinks

WickerBill
05-27-07, 07:18 AM
...truth or scare?

http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2586652.ece

opinionated ow
05-27-07, 08:00 AM
pfft...someone will say it is healthy tomorrow.....just like the chocolate debate

Insomniac
05-27-07, 11:50 AM
It seems like they are "linking" a lot of things to problems later in life. I think we have a lot to learn. People just didn't live this long before and we're seeing a higher % of these things as a result. Nothing seems absolute. It seems like so many things increase your chances of getting X. And just as you can find people who have X as a result of Y (presumably), you find people who don't have X but consumed plenty of Y.

Methanolandbrats
05-27-07, 12:12 PM
Hardly anyone eats real food. Not a surprise many health problems are diet related since most of what people consume now is manufactured in a lab with emphasis on taste, eye appeal and profit. Nutrition does'nt even enter the equation. This is a huge change from 100 years ago. The body can't adapt that fast. The average family sees nothing wrong with pulling up to McDonalds several times a week to have a bag of crap hurled out the window into their car. Bon appetit kids. :yuck:

cameraman
05-27-07, 05:41 PM
...truth or scare?

Really hard to say. I'm not in the mood to chase down his paper but I am sure that at a high enough concentration you could do some cellular damage with sodium benzoate. That is true of most compunds, the real test is in the concentration you experience in the real world. Unfortunately that is a bloody difficult question to answer and a solid determination that you could truly hang your hat on would cost a fortune and take years to complete.

rocket
05-27-07, 07:19 PM
...truth or scare?

http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2586652.ece

You're getting paranoid in your old age:D
There is so much now that can get you sooner or later. I have cut way down on my soda intake, hardly ever buy it, I've gotten hooked on that Aquafina grape water. Of course that may kill me too.