PDA

View Full Version : 1993 F1 races on Speed

rabbit
05-03-03, 11:20 PM
refresh my memory, what is the schedule?

Classic Apex
05-03-03, 11:21 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, it begins on Sunday, May 11th. I think at 7 or 8 CST?

Speed TV's programming could give better specifics then I oculd at this moment.

:D

Hot Rod Otis
05-04-03, 11:02 AM
Oh boy, this means we get to watch Michael Andretti's F1 career all over again.:eek:

Warlock!
05-04-03, 04:17 PM
When news of these replays first came out, I thought it started in April. I was soooo lookin' forward to watching Kyalami Friday, April 11th at 9:00pm.

That Friday night finally came, and I had a full bottle of gin, a fresh jar of olives, and whatever-the-hell snack I was gonna be munchin' on. I shake up my first martini, plop down on the couch, turn to Speed Channel to watch... Winston west or some obscure Hooters cup stock car crap!!! I felt like I got kicked in the bag...

Next Sunday night better not disappoint! (I got a kick outta watching Mike eff-up at the beginning of the year in '93 :D )

Warlock!

Kate
05-06-03, 05:19 AM
Real men in real cars doing real Formula One racing! I can't wait! No more "Michael Must Win" Olympics! In fact, we will get to see Michael whine that SENNA doesn't fight fair and ought to be banned -- for doing the things Michael now says are entirely legal and "just racing" ...

1993 was the last good year Formula One had, and I am looking forward to enjoying it.

RacinM3
05-06-03, 01:10 PM
Do not, I repeat DO NOT, miss the European Grand Prix round at Donnington. For those newbies who always wondered just what the hell was the deal with this Senna guy, that's where you'll find out.

Grand Prix of Europe Sun, Jun 22 9pm ET

Link to full schedule: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/161/

rabbit
05-06-03, 01:17 PM
Thanks M3, that was what I was looking for. I'm programming my VCR as we speak! :)

Wheel-Nut
05-06-03, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
When news of these replays first came out, I thought it started in April. I was soooo lookin' forward to watching Kyalami Friday, April 11th at 9:00pm.

That Friday night finally came, and I had a full bottle of gin, a fresh jar of olives, and whatever-the-hell snack I was gonna be munchin' on. I shake up my first martini, plop down on the couch, turn to Speed Channel to watch... Winston west or some obscure Hooters cup stock car crap!!! I felt like I got kicked in the bag...

Next Sunday night better not disappoint! (I got a kick outta watching Mike eff-up at the beginning of the year in '93 :D )

Warlock!

Did you get a new bottle of gin?

Cam
05-06-03, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
Do not, I repeat DO NOT, miss the European Grand Prix round at Donnington. For those newbies who always wondered just what the hell was the deal with this Senna guy, that's where you'll find out.

Link to full schedule: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/161/

I know I watched that race.... But for some reason it does not stand out. Maybe thats because that is what I expected from him?

That said....... Bring on AS... bring on real F1!!! :cool:

Kate
05-13-03, 12:20 PM
For those of us Prost fans who wondered what the deal was with that Senna guy, seeing his sour face in the press conference after he came in second reminded us what a competitor he was, although we were glad our man beat him that day. Good to see someone who takes winning that seriously.

TrueBrit
05-13-03, 12:46 PM
If memory serves isn't this the year that Damon beat Senna, Prost AND Buttmacher at Spa?? Talk about a glorious victory!!!

BTW, saw Damon at Brands and he looks great!! Really relaxed and totally enjoying life..lucky sod!!!

TB

nissan gtp
05-13-03, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3

Senna put in the greatest first lap in memory .... got to record in again !!!

Kate
05-14-03, 06:51 AM
I saw Damon at Brands too and thought he looked tired and kind of like Gordon Lightfoot -- compared to Mark Blundell he looked about 1,000 years old. But it was good to see him again and I liked his pointed remark that if he hadn't been paid to watch F1 for the last 2 years he wouldn't have bothered.