PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDCAR + GP2 Asia= Grand Racing!

NismoZ
05-24-07, 03:49 PM
Gotta play both offense and defense. Bernie is poised to continue exploitation of the Asian and Middle Eastern markets (and snag drivers in the "off" season?) with the Monaco announcement of the "Grand Racing Series." If he kills A1GP but continues to stray from Europe could that leave a wider opening there for ChampCar? Some speculate 4 Euro rounds in '08, based on how things go at Assen and Zolder this season, I suppose.

oddlycalm
05-24-07, 04:36 PM
Gotta play both offense and defense.
- snip -
could that leave a wider opening there for ChampCar? Some speculate 4 Euro rounds in '08, based on how things go at Assen and Zolder this season, I suppose. In order to play you gotta be a player, which CCWS isn't. If you set them after this as a stated goal you could well expect them to announce that they will become a Dutch based series with 3 US races and some proposed street races in Ethiopia and Syria. :\

oc

NismoZ
05-24-07, 05:45 PM
Something less than HALF serious, I hope.:D but I feel your frustration. Wouldn't you like to see the European races succeed this year? I love RA and I'm happy to see another road course in Mt. Tremblant but I can't see how either of those might be as successful as the 2 events in Europe with lots of European drivers. Just looking for something positive, I guess. I really believe the owners regard CC as an American based series, but how can they turn down perhaps 4 venues that WANT CC to come there? I see nothing wrong with trying to exploit a market where F-1 may be paying less attention lately if it helps the bottom line. Four doesn't seem like too many, especially if it helps fill gaps in the schedule we whine so much about.