PDA

View Full Version : Van Gundy turns down Indiana Pacers

Spicoli
05-23-07, 10:35 PM
:cry: man, this is not a good week for indy.:irked:

The Indiana Pacers’ coaching search has hit another snag.

Former Miami Heat coach Stan Van Gundy turned down the opportunity to be the Pacers' next head coach.

“It’s true, I decided against it,” Van Gundy said when reached by telephone this afternoon. “The Pacers are a great organization. The best thing about the whole situation were the people. Larry (Bird), Donnie (Walsh) and (David) Morway are all great people.”

Van Gundy, who is under contract with the Heat until the end of next season, met with Pacers officials twice and told them he would make a decision by the middle of this week.

The Pacers have also interviewed Johnny Davis, Chuck Person and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw.

Their top target, Sam Mitchell, re-signed with Toronto.

SteveH
05-23-07, 10:57 PM
:cry: man, this is not a good week for indy.:irked:

gets worse this weekend

Spicoli
05-24-07, 07:21 AM
gets worse this weekend

why? 4 day weekend, couple parties, boat drinkies. etc. :)

Cam
05-24-07, 08:24 AM
Good!!!! Bring on the rifleman!!! :thumbup:

dando
05-24-07, 08:43 AM
Bring back Bobby Knight! :gomer:

:tony:tards. NBA = Nothing But Apathy, yo. :p

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
05-24-07, 09:44 AM
Stan and his brother Jeff should just take the next year off!!

spinner26
05-24-07, 10:17 AM
“It’s true, I decided against it,” Van Gundy said when reached by telephone this afternoon. “The Pacers are a great organization. The best thing about the whole situation were the people. Larry (Bird), Donnie (Walsh) and (David) Morway are all great people.”
- Stan Van Gundy

Is there a nicer way to say you people stink and have no clue?:laugh: :rofl:

Spicoli
05-24-07, 10:42 AM
- Stan Van Gundy

Is there a nicer way to say you people stink and have no clue?:laugh: :rofl:

Yep. I think the public is starting to see the prollem here: Larry :gomer: Legend. :(