PDA

View Full Version : uhh...Super Bowl

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-07, 12:03 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings&prov=ap&type=lgns

I think you can rule out Indy getting a Super Bowl anytime soon:

Indianapolis and North Texas are the favorites, and both are tapping into star power to make the 15-minute pitch to owners Tuesday morning, with Colts coach Tony Dungy and Hall of Famer Roger Staubach, chairman of the Texas committee.

Dungy will be joined by Tony George, chief executive officer of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and Tom Jernstedt, executive vice president of the NCAA.

"Tony obviously is such a great representative for our franchise and the league, but so is Roger," Colts owner Jim Irsay said.

Ankf00
05-22-07, 12:22 AM
City of Dallas might torpedo Arlington's bid to get back at Jerrah for his meddling in Cotton Bowl affairs...

and I hope they do.

racermike
05-22-07, 02:55 AM
If it was not for pacific northwest january weather, Qwest Field in Seattle would make a GREAT stadium for Super Bowl.

Spicoli
05-22-07, 03:08 AM
I think that is wrong, in that FTG is not going to talk or even be there. Heard the local news saying that lst night.

edit: yep - here's the plan...

Game time

Today, after months of putting their playbooks together, it's game time for Indianapolis and its opponents.
Each city gets 15 minutes. Dungy and Glass will speak on behalf of Indianapolis.
All three cities spent part of Monday making last-minute tweaks to their proposals and practicing presentations behind closed doors.
"I'm just going to say what the city means to me and what a good job I think we'll do," Dungy said.
Glass said the team is ready.
"I feel good about our chances, and I'm optimistic that we're going to be selected," he said, "but I can accept the outcome either way, because I know we've done everything we possibly can."

Fred Glass is a local kick ass business lawyer and major force behind getting this done. He's kind of like the opposite of Tony; everything he touches turns to gold.

Ankf00
05-22-07, 11:02 AM
Indy has the infrastructure and consolidated layout to host a solid event.

Dallas is 30 miles away from Arlington, Ft. Worth another 20, FtW is nice and all for a sleepy cowtown, but that's just it, sleepy cowtown.

Arlington has no mass transit, never paid into DART, if they start paying now still won't get a rail line for 15 years b/c of the backlog.

Their entertainment options consist of Chili's, Friday's, Fox & Hound, Sherlock's (another chain bar like fox & hound), and Humperdinks (same, again). That's it unless you're going to drive 45 mins into Dallas Uptown or Victory Park.

Screw Jerrah.

FTG
05-22-07, 12:30 PM
The centerpiece of the North Texas presentation is the new Arlington stadium for the Cowboys, which opens in 2009. It would seat 95,000 for a Super Bowl and generate the largest one-day payday in NFL history.

Ank's hate and Tony's stupidity don't matter. $$$$ do.

And just because Ank is a Roy Williams hata:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MpHG5x6q0

Ankf00
05-22-07, 12:53 PM
The NFL has stipulated that Dallas be the focus of the super bowl activities. Why? Because Arlington is a crappy little decaying 'burb with 40 year old tract housing, no infrastructure, horrible roads, and 0 quality entertainment options beyond typical suburban fare. The I-30 access is atrocious as well, a remnant of the Dallas-FtWorth Turnpike.

Compare that to Dallas, which has no shortage of the pretentious glitz and glam the NFL wants for the requisite soirees and galas. The league will spend more time considering whether they want all their important people to have to drive 45+ minutes from the entertainment/hotel district to get to the stadium vs. Indy's situation rather than seeing who has the shiniest, most expensive toy.

If a brand new stadium was all that mattered the City of Arlington and Tarrant County wouldn't have demanded Dallas pony up the majority of the millions of dollars for the bid.

Jerrah will eventually get his game, whether it's this year or the next, who knows, but it's hardly a slam dunk.

Roy Williams still can't cover :laugh: And the extra 20K seats will generate only an extra ~$2M in ticket revenue, compared to the total revenue generated by the game, that's hardly a clinching factor.

Spicoli
05-22-07, 01:23 PM
local news here is reporting that analysts are giving the advantage to Dallas. :irked:

We will know at 2pm local time (EST).

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/SPORTS03/705220440

Spicoli
05-22-07, 02:00 PM
nuttin for indy. :shakehead

:thumdown:

Ankf00
05-22-07, 02:25 PM
Jerrah wins.

Insomniac
05-22-07, 03:07 PM
This is just getting stupid. The SB should be in just a few places. Awarding them for building a stadium is getting out of hand. Houston, Arizona, Jax, Dallas and Detroit (Indy and KC want one too). Why not have one in NE. Kraft used his own money to build a new stadium and is now adding a $350M shopping complex. Warm weather, fun cities only!

dando
05-22-07, 03:31 PM
This is just getting stupid. The SB should be in just a few places. Awarding them for building a stadium is getting out of hand. Houston, Arizona, Jax, Dallas and Detroit (Indy and KC want one too). Why not have one in NE. Kraft used his own money to build a new stadium and is now adding a $350M shopping complex. Warm weather, fun cities only!

Heck NYC was discussed after 9/11. Why not?

-Kevin

rabbit
05-22-07, 03:41 PM
There hasn't been a "Super Bowl" held in Indy since 1995.

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-07, 03:49 PM
I guess they brought the wrong currency.

WickerBill
05-22-07, 05:10 PM
Agree, sleepy one -- San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Arizona. If one of those cities can't go during a certain year, the Rose Bowl or Tampa covers. That is it, end of list.

FTG
05-22-07, 05:52 PM
And the extra 20K seats will generate only an extra ~$2M in ticket revenue, that's hardly a clinching factor.

This is why you're poor and Jerry ain't. Grab every million you can and pretty soon you're talking real money.

Ankf00
05-22-07, 06:20 PM
Jerrah's not poor because he's dishonest theiving trailer trash. There's a reason the Metroplex's business elite will have nothing to do with him, such as the Bass, Hunt, and Perot families. But I suppose that's why they're poor too. :gomer:

Spicoli
05-22-07, 07:38 PM
i guess Tony George ****ed this up too. ****ing loser, please stay home nest time you ****ing moron son of a bitch. i swear, this ass**** turns everything he touches to ****. burn in hell you waste of flesh.

:flame:

http://i13.tinypic.com/4q8pkzo.jpg

:gomer: have a nice day.

Andrew Longman
05-22-07, 08:27 PM
Heck NYC was discussed after 9/11. Why not?

-Kevin

The Giants and Jets agreed to pay for a new Giants Stadium. They chose not to put a roof on it which was a requirement for a SB because any financial benefit would go to NY, if at all.

Despite the 911 pleas they and NJ understand that the NY area has many more opportunities for economic development other than taking a risk on a SB.

jcollins28
05-22-07, 09:02 PM
Jerrah wins.

Silly Ank haven't you learned by know, Jerrah always wins :D This is great news Dallas will have homefield advantage for the Super Bowl in 2011!:D

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/dtaha/Dallas%20copy.jpg

Insomniac
05-22-07, 09:20 PM
Agree, sleepy one -- San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Arizona. If one of those cities can't go during a certain year, the Rose Bowl or Tampa covers. That is it, end of list.

Don't forget New Orleans. Also, LA is good too. Let them have that every few years instead of creating a 33rd team.

chop456
05-23-07, 01:20 AM
i guess Tony George ****ed this up too. ****ing loser, please stay home nest time you ****ing moron son of a bitch. i swear, this ass**** turns everything he touches to ****. burn in hell you waste of flesh.

Any committee stupid enough to put that dullard in charge of anything deserves whatever they get. :tony:

WickerBill
05-23-07, 06:37 AM
Don't forget New Orleans. Also, LA is good too. Let them have that every few years instead of creating a 33rd team.

I didn't forget New Orleans! Or LA! THpppppbt!

Insomniac
05-23-07, 08:11 AM
I didn't forget New Orleans! Or LA! THpppppbt!

Wow, how did I miss that? I was commenting on your Rose Bowl suggestion, but completely missed New Orleans. I felt like a city was missing, I guess not.

eiregosod
05-23-07, 08:11 AM
if anyone could eff up a Super Bowl, :tony: can!

"The ratings for the Superbowl were already in decline before Tony organised it.

Gangrel
05-23-07, 08:14 AM
"I'm just going to say what the city means to me and what a good job I think we'll do," Dungy said.

Ummm....Tony Dungy just knows what indy means? :D

Spicoli
05-23-07, 09:47 AM
Any committee stupid enough to put that dullard in charge of anything deserves whatever they get. :tony:

Agreed.

eiregosod
05-23-07, 09:57 AM
Doesn't tony George own Indinapolis?

FTG
05-23-07, 12:09 PM
And the extra 20K seats will generate only an extra ~$2M in ticket revenue,

An engineer should get his math right.

Emboldened by Jones' brazen entrepreneurial spunk, by 2011 the NFL might be willing to slap a $1,000 price tag on Super Bowl XLV tickets.

I count 7 zeros. You forgot about the extra suites too, which go for a lot more than a grand.

JLMannin
05-23-07, 12:25 PM
Superbowl L should be in Green Bay!

Ankf00
05-23-07, 12:57 PM
my mistake, but now I see we're down to fuzzy math, pulling price points out of thin air, quoted from espn/tsn.com stories...

Also, I don't believe the suite rights aren't relinquished, not from what I've seen concerning the Cotton Bowl game and potential Texas-OU arrangements.

regardless, you live in canadia. as if you'll have anything to do with the game festivities. :gomer:

chop456
05-23-07, 12:59 PM
Superbowl L should be in Green Bay!

That would go a ways towards separating the football fans from the corporate wankers with their subsidized tickets. :D

dando
05-23-07, 01:02 PM
my mistake, but now I see we're down to fuzzy math, pulling price points out of thin air, quoted from espn/tsn.com stories...

Obviously you'd prefer just quoting Beano 'The Hut' Cook and his semi-lucid rantings.... :gomer: :saywhat: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-23-07, 01:08 PM
Obviously you'd prefer just quoting Beano 'The Hut' Cook and his semi-lucid rantings.... :gomer: :saywhat: :p

-Kevin

which was confirmed by stories published by both yahoo sports (Wetzel, maybe?) and maisel at the end of the season. as well as by the SEC commissioner's and UF president's statements during their efforts to institute a 4 team playoff this offseason.

dando
05-23-07, 01:15 PM
which was confirmed by stories published by both yahoo sports (Wetzel, maybe?) and maisel at the end of the season. as well as by the SEC commissioner's and UF president's statements during their efforts to institute a 4 team playoff this offseason.

Not until well after you repeated Heir Beano's claims, yo. :p Just f*ing with ya, holmes. I hate the Jones and 'boyz, too. :cool:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-23-07, 01:27 PM
well, every blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then, that was just beano's acorn :D

FTG
05-23-07, 04:06 PM
Start saving for that $1,000 ticket

Fans may pay premium for seats, but frenzy will reach far beyond field

09:35 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

By MARICE RICHTER / The Dallas Morning News

But thanks for playing. As a parting gift, here's a picture of another one of Roy's greatest "hits":

http://graphics.sonymusic.com.au/gallery/medium/KellyRowland006.jpg

Ankf00
05-23-07, 04:26 PM
The DMN, even better :laugh: I guess fuzzy math flies in Canadia.

Enjoy the DF dub festivities while you're sitting in front of a TV up in the tundra, I'm sure it'll be double plus fun. I'll mail a postcard from the West Village :gomer:

Roy's #1 Greatest Hit:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/50/tp012207to0.jpg

Don Quixote
05-23-07, 04:33 PM

-Kevin This has nothing to do with the Super Bowl, but you made me remember the funniest thing that Beano Cook ever said. He was told that major league baseball was giving golden tickets to all of the hostages returning home from Iran. The ticket would grant entry to any major league ballpark for the bearer and family for any game for the rest of their lives. Beano replied, "My God, haven't they suffered enough already!"

FTG
05-24-07, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure what an old man getting outcoached by his protege has to do with your inability to multiply, but you might want to move up here. Petit, smart assed union lovers are less likely to get punched in the mouth up here than in Texas.

Roy will be all right this year. He's got more help back there, Wade will use him smarter and they're going to put more pressure on the QB next year. #9 will score more on the field than he's scoring with this off the field.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:iZSg8JtPl0cmbM:http://www.allgoodseats.com/concert/carrie%2520underwood/carrie.jpg

Ankf00
05-24-07, 09:40 AM
good to see that there's at least one person left in this world with faith in Roy I'm an Undersized Linebacker Who Can't Cover For Poo Williams. No playoff wins, ever, in his career.

You can teach Romo to spend less time with his PR agent and more time learning to hold the ball, too. If you ask real nice like, he might practice with yours. Word around town is he's into out of towners. You know, since you're into the whole stalking scene and all ;) :gomer:

FTG
05-25-07, 10:34 AM
More bad news for the hatas:

Arlington to host Big 12 title games

01:31 AM CDT on Friday, May 25, 2007

By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
chipbrown@dallasnews.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – If you build a $1 billion stadium, they will come.

First the 2010 Cotton Bowl. Then the 2011 Super Bowl. Now the Big 12 football championship game.

If you'd like information on ticket prices, I'm sure Ank will be happy to pull a figure out of his ass.

Ankf00
05-25-07, 11:33 AM
Big 12 game in Texas works for me. http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/texasflag.gif

Don't know how this fits in with your cowboys circle-jerk, but whatever. A canuckistani getting a hard on over all things metroplex :laugh: rock on dood :tony: