PDA

View Full Version : Moto-GP French Grand Prix.(spoilers)

emjaya
05-20-07, 04:59 PM
I wish it was raining here like it's raining there.

Vermeulen. :thumbup:

Suzuki. :thumbup:

Aussie year in Moto-GP. :D

DagoFast
05-20-07, 05:16 PM
Heckuva race. Wild weather=wild race. I love it!:thumbup:

opinionated ow
05-20-07, 10:33 PM
that was a crazily good race. i was cheering for de puniet and giantolli in the beginning. would have loved to see the tech 3 yamaha win:D

RichK
05-20-07, 11:43 PM
I was pulling for Barros, but very happy to see Vermeulen win! :thumbup:

Hopkins must be beside himself, though, with his teammate getting the first win for the team. He's dominated Vermeulen at almost every qual. & race, and here Vermeulen wins!

opinionated ow
05-20-07, 11:49 PM
I was pulling for Barros, but very happy to see Vermeulen win! :thumbup:

Hopkins must be beside himself, though, with his teammate getting the first win for the team. He's dominated Vermeulen at almost every qual. & race, and here Vermeulen wins!
not quite, chris got a podium before him...last year at the island

Easy
05-21-07, 11:43 AM
Hayden's fantastic year continues, torn cartilage in his ribs from the crash.

RichK
05-21-07, 02:39 PM

Oops! Yes, I forgot about that.

BTW, I tried to find the Rizla Vermeulen "floppy hat" at Laguna Seca last year - but no luck! Do they sell them out there?

Spicoli
05-21-07, 03:52 PM
Hayden's fantastic year continues, torn cartilage in his ribs from the crash.

oh crap. :(

opinionated ow
05-21-07, 10:23 PM
Oops! Yes, I forgot about that.

BTW, I tried to find the Rizla Vermeulen "floppy hat" at Laguna Seca last year - but no luck! Do they sell them out there?
you can't get any motorsport clothing out here except for v8 supercrap

G.
05-22-07, 11:07 AM
That was fun to watch!

The pit stops were very :cool: .

Ankf00
05-22-07, 11:11 AM

even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then. John's been more consistent, imo. He'll get his.

Luke
05-22-07, 05:49 PM
Hayden's crash was very bad. Not nice to see at all.

I was at the race. Going back next month for the 24 hours. :D

A very exciting race.

Stoner is doing well so opinionated ow must be happy to cheer on an aussi ;)

Shame his Ducati is too fast on a straight for Valentino..

opinionated ow
05-22-07, 10:59 PM
Hayden's crash was very bad. Not nice to see at all.

I was at the race. Going back next month for the 24 hours. :D

A very exciting race.

Stoner is doing well so opinionated ow must be happy to cheer on an aussi ;)

Shame his Ducati is too fast on a straight for Valentino..

i think you will find that that race in the race proved stoner to be every bit as good as rossi.

Ankf00
05-23-07, 02:03 AM
i think you will find that that race in the race proved stoner to be every bit as good as rossi.

if by race within the race you mean whose engine revs the highest down long straights, then sure. otherwise, no.

Luke
05-23-07, 05:28 AM

Stoner is a good rider, perhaps as good as Rossi, but the Ducati has too much of an advantage on long straights.

Mugello he'll be crushed.

emjaya
05-23-07, 09:10 AM
Stoner is a good rider, perhaps as good as Rossi, but the Ducati has too much of an advantage on long straights.

I thought Stoner was to be crushed at LeMans. No big long straight for the Ducati to wind out the power. The rain, it was the rain. Ducks like the water.

Might rain at Mugello too. :gomer:

Stoner, very good. Rossi, very good too. Elias, not so good.

opinionated ow
05-23-07, 09:24 AM
if by race within the race you mean whose engine revs the highest down long straights, then sure. otherwise, no.

everybody keeps saying the horsepower of the ducati. yet, in the rain, where nobody has a power advantage, he beat his main rival comprehensively.

Ankf00
05-23-07, 10:07 AM
power is only as good as the contact patch it flows through. I'll take the trend over the anomoly

Luke
05-23-07, 10:36 AM
everybody keeps saying the horsepower of the ducati. yet, in the rain, where nobody has a power advantage, he beat his main rival comprehensively.

Qatar he was pulling around 3-4 bike lengths on Rossi. Rossi was making the rest back up in the corners.

Ankf00
05-23-07, 11:48 AM
shanghai too, no?

RichK
05-23-07, 11:58 AM
power is only as good as the contact patch it flows through. I'll take the trend over the anomoly

Yep: Bridgestone=apples/Michelin=oranges

DagoFast
05-23-07, 06:03 PM
In Rossi's post race interview he said they chosen had a harder intermediate rain tire for his wet bike. When the rains came harder than they had guessed, his race was in serious trouble.

+1 to Stoner and Bridgestone for taking a full wet tire. And Vermullien. :D