Need to locate another driver for the IRL meatwagons

http://wishtv.images.worldnow.com/images/6531699_SS.jpg

cameraman
05-17-07, 06:19 PM
It sure does not look that bad.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/videos/player.php?v=570

B3RACER1a
05-17-07, 06:52 PM
Just following the trend really with these cars. We all know that the rear end of those cars dont break apart like they should, and I suspect there is a real design flaw with the restraint system. I think we're starting to see that in the DP01 as well as far as the restraint system goes.

pchall
05-17-07, 07:53 PM
from Spudtv.com

Stephan Gregoire was taken to a hospital Thursday after his car crashed during practice for the Indianapolis 500.

Gregoire’s injuries were not believed to be serious, but Chastain Motorsports officials said he was undergoing precautionary CAT scans of his neck and back.

Gregoire was third-fastest of the session when his No. 77 Chastain Motorsports Panoz-Honda spun and crashed shortly after 1 p.m. He walked from the car and appeared to be unhurt. The car, which struck the wall with the rear end, sustained moderate damage.

Gregoire is expected to return to the track later Thursday if his injuries aren’t deemed serious, team officials said.

SpeedTV.com will have more details as they become available.

Looks like a classic IRL backbreaker coming deep in T1 and off the wall in the middle of the chute with the slide continuing into T2.

Stephan Gregoire suffered the most damaging setback of the month to date as he whistled into turn one at the same point where Jimmy Kite lost control on Wednesday and spun backwards into the wall. The car suffered wing and suspension damage, but the greater loss was Gregoire himself who was transported by ambulance to Methodist Hospital for x-rays.

Gregoire suffered an end-plate fracture of the third thoracic vertebrae, a location proximate of the shoulder blades, and was hospitalized overnight for further observation.

His status going forward the remainder of the month and into the Memorial Day race date remains up in the air.

Gregoire's time was eighth-fastest on Thursday at 217.851 mph as the team had only just begun to put together its qualifying package for this weekend's final two days of attempts.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=253197

mapguy
05-17-07, 09:36 PM
Are you sure his back wasn't weakened in Mari's badroom last night?

Methanolandbrats
05-17-07, 09:40 PM
Are you sure his back wasn't weakened in Mari's badroom last night?
:yuck:

Spicoli
05-17-07, 10:15 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/4r098v9.jpg:thumdown:

Spicoli
05-17-07, 10:16 PM
Chastain Motorsports officials :rofl:

IlliniRacer
05-17-07, 10:51 PM
Gregoire's time was eighth-fastest on Thursday at 217.851 mph as the team had only just begun to put together its qualifying package for this weekend's final two days of attempts.

I'm going to take a WAG and say there were < 10 cars who had taken the track at that time.

pchall
05-17-07, 11:26 PM
I'm going to take a WAG and say there were < 10 cars who had taken the track at that time.

His best lap stood as 8th fastest for the day among the 21 cars that actually ran for speed, but the conditions were crappy and nobody ran over 219. The sad thing is that the #77 car will probably be repaired and rolled out to do more damage this weekend.

Chief
05-17-07, 11:40 PM
4 wrecks, 4 wankers, 1 back breaker, 1 Milka....this could be a good weekend for Paff-ites.

Spicoli
05-18-07, 12:34 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/5ywmwrd.gif

chop456
05-18-07, 01:35 AM
Backed in, huh? What are the odds? :shakehead

Ziggy
05-18-07, 08:56 AM
Gregoir should get some kind of trophy for getting that manureheap going that fast in the conditions that were present yesterday.

SurfaceUnits
05-18-07, 10:02 AM
Gregoir should get some kind of trophy for getting that manureheap going that fast in the conditions that were present yesterday.yeah, I believe it's called the "take one for ftg" trophy

Chitowncartfreak
05-18-07, 10:45 AM
Just following the trend really with these cars. We all know that the rear end of those cars dont break apart like they should, and I suspect there is a real design flaw with the restraint system. I think we're starting to see that in the DP01 as well as far as the restraint system goes.

And notice how you never really see an .1RL car spin. It almost always does about a 90 degree spin and then torpedoes straight into the wall rear first.

chop456
05-18-07, 12:52 PM
And notice how you never really see an .1RL car spin. It almost always does about a 90 degree spin and then torpedoes straight into the wall rear first.

Say it ain't so!

http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/IndyT2Skidmarks.jpg

dando
05-18-07, 12:56 PM
It sure does not look that bad.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/videos/player.php?v=570

It barely seemed to make contact from the TV 'high'light I saw. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
05-18-07, 01:05 PM
Moreno is taking his place in the 77. :irked:

Chitowncartfreak
05-18-07, 01:14 PM
Say it ain't so!

http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/IndyT2Skidmarks.jpg

Says a lot right there. Would be interesting to compare that with the Champ Car era. I specifically remember when Mears spun there in 1992 - his tire tracks crossed over each other indicating a pure spin into the wall.

SurfaceUnits
05-18-07, 01:15 PM
Moreno is taking his place in the 77. :irked:as part of his agreement, he has to disparage the Elan Motorsport DP01 and praise the Daralla, commonly known as the Carpentier Rule.:tony:

Gnam
05-18-07, 02:04 PM
What do they tell IRL drivers to do in the event of a spin? I know Champ Car drivers are supposed to let go of the wheel and hold their arms to their chest to prevent broken wrists, but maybe the IRL drivers should put in full lock to encourage the car to keep spinning.

[Pravda - Indy office]
IRL cars do not fly. When IRL cars spin, they spin normally. All is well. Milka+Ludacris = A OK. :thumbup:
And now music.

Did you ever see an IRL Sled fly?
- Well, I've seen a horsefly. - Ah, I've seen a dragonfly.
- Hee-hee. I've seen a housefly. - Yeah!
See, I've seen all that too.
I've seen a peanut stand and heard a rubber band.
I seen a needle that winked its eye.
But I be done seen about ever'thing
When I see a crapwagon fly

I seen a front porch swing heard a diamond ring
I seen a polka-dot railroad tie
I saw a clotheshorse He rear up and buck
And they tell me that a man made a vegetable truck
- I heard a fireside chat - I saw a baseball bat
And I just laughed till I thought I'd die
But I be done seen 'bout ever'thing
When I see a crapwagon flys

Good luck to all the Dumbo pilots!
[/end transmission]

Chief
05-18-07, 02:14 PM
Leo Mehl once said if they came over and ran "our" equipment they'd get their doors blown off. Hey Leo......they came, they drove and they still get the calls to come over and blow "your" doors off. It was at this point the IRL was rendered USELESS.

Good for Pupo......what, wasn't there any USAC starz or Unser's left to choose from? What about the stillborn IPS "feeder" series? MAN, is INDY scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they turn to 90 year old ex-CART/CCWS test drivers. :rofl:

chop456
05-18-07, 04:47 PM
his tire tracks crossed over each other indicating a pure spin into the wall.

Exactly.

How many people have said the earl turdboxes are tail-heavy for the last 10 years? How many broken backs does it take? How many drivers will be sacrificed to the grater to appease Tony's childish lust for power and vindication?

Nobody knows but the idiot grandson. :thumdown:

Chitowncartfreak
05-18-07, 05:10 PM
Leo Mehl once said if they came over and ran "our" equipment they'd get their doors blown off. Hey Leo......they came, they drove and they still get the calls to come over and blow "your" doors off. It was at this point the IRL was rendered USELESS.

Good for Pupo......what, wasn't there any USAC starz or Unser's left to choose from? What about the stillborn IPS "feeder" series? MAN, is INDY scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they turn to 90 year old ex-CART/CCWS test drivers. :rofl:

Leo said that BEFORE the year 2000, didn't he.

Don Quixote
05-18-07, 05:48 PM
How many people have said the earl turdboxes are tail-heavy for the last 10 years? How many broken backs does it take? How many drivers will be sacrificed to the grater to appease Tony's childish lust for power and vindication?
But these things take time.:tony:

pchall
05-18-07, 07:55 PM
Moreno is taking his place in the 77. :irked:

In the IRL the drivers are easily replaceable and the cars easily repairable.