PDA

View Full Version : What Was The Deal With Montoya?

Chitowncartfreak
05-14-07, 05:50 PM
Heard somewhere that he was in a somewhat heated discussion with his crew chief during a recent race (not sure where and whether it was a Cup or Busch race). Something about his crew chief asking him to let someone else go by and JPM responded "hell no" several times along with some other choice phrases. Anyone else have more detail on this exchange?

STD
05-14-07, 05:58 PM
Yep, a lot of hell no's, I passed him clean, if you want someone to do that kind of stuff find another driver.

No direct quotes, just what I picked up by listening to a replay of the conversation.

Indy
05-14-07, 08:23 PM
That is pretty freaking funny.

So Juan did not realize that cabbin' ain't real racin'? :rofl:

Anyone want to start a pool on his retirement date?

oddlycalm
05-14-07, 08:47 PM
Speed Report had the radio chatter. Didn't watch the race but apparently there were times Montoya was battling hard with the leaders for the “free pass” position. At times his aggressiveness actually caused him to get in the way of several lead lap cars during the final segments of the race. Montoya was in 23rd place.

Todd Parrot was on the radio asking Montoya to let a driver on the lead lap around and Montoya said hell no several times then told Parrot if that was what he wanted to find someone else to drive the car.

Not a fan and didn't watch the race but it seems to me if you're lying 23rd and a lap or two down it's probably time to check the massive ego and let the leaders by...;)

oc

opinionated ow
05-14-07, 09:05 PM
it was the busch race, because I watched it on the webcast. i nearly wet myself laughing.

JohnHKart
05-15-07, 01:29 AM
It was good stuff, saw it on WindTunnel. Montoya sounded like he was doing a british accent. The tape I'd really love to hear is Montoya's "Latino Outburst" (or so the British Press calls them, as if British people never go off) from the 2003 French Grand Prix with his pitcrew. "You guys are a bunch of wankers" Crew: " No you're the wanker Juan".

John