PDA

View Full Version : 3 races in, still nothing

opinionated ow
05-14-07, 12:17 PM
Champ Car, how about you get off your backsides and organise some sort of tv deal for australia?

Kiwifan
05-14-07, 02:25 PM
Nobody cares but us, mate. ;) Still nothing here either. :(

Rusty.

oddlycalm
05-14-07, 05:41 PM
You would think Stoddart and the Aussie Vineyards folks would be demanding a race broadcast deal. :confused:

My guess is that there is no money for it.

oc

Indy
05-14-07, 08:20 PM
For what it is worth, a lot of us feel really badly for you guys.

It is completely inconceivable to me that they could let this happen and then not even bother to communicate with the fans about the problem. Why the hell would any CC fan go to Surfer's? They should just withdraw from the race and abandon the market.

Robstar
05-14-07, 09:01 PM
It's all about F1 for me this year...

:thumdown:

opinionated ow
05-14-07, 09:02 PM
For what it is worth, a lot of us feel really badly for you guys.

It is completely inconceivable to me that they could let this happen and then not even bother to communicate with the fans about the problem. Why the hell would any CC fan go to Surfer's? They should just withdraw from the race and abandon the market.

spot on the money indy. it is a v8 supercar event these days anyway. i'm not going this year, partially because of the low low car count, but also because I can't watch it on tv, and don't know what I would be buying tickets to.

Robstar
05-14-07, 09:13 PM
I'm not going this year either... It's just a V8-fest like you say...
I'm going to Monza :) :thumbup:

TippyGomez
05-14-07, 10:37 PM
We need reassurance from the Internets Top Journalist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cause he's a damn genius

opinionated ow
05-14-07, 10:57 PM
I'm not going this year either... It's just a V8-fest like you say...
I'm going to Monza :) :thumbup:
yup, i am going to save my money and use it to go to Indiana Sprint Week next year.

We need reassurance from the Internets Top Journalist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cause he's a damn genius
roflmbo.:rofl: :rofl:

Kiwifan
05-14-07, 11:14 PM
Hey Indy! Ya know I was only joshing with you guys, I know you do care, my jab was at any of the Top Brass who may lurk here. ;) :irked:

I'm going this year 'cause I'm booked but as for next year, well there is going to have to be a massive shift from HQ before they will get my money. How many "fans" are thinking twice about going so far? 1,2,3 (and 5 from my family)counting down....

Please don't diss on me, this is my 7th year and although I'm not moaning about how much I've spent (because I really have enjoyed each one) it's hard to be a fan when "seemingly" no-one from HQ cares. :( I could buy a brand new Panny 50in Plasma and all of the gear needed to run it for the price that I spend on going to Surfers. Hmmm, just a thought! :)

Take care all.

Rusty.

Indy
05-15-07, 02:21 AM
Hey Indy! Ya know I was only joshing with you guys, I know you do care, my jab was at any of the Top Brass who may lurk here. ;) :irked:

I'm going this year 'cause I'm booked but as for next year, well there is going to have to be a massive shift from HQ before they will get my money. How many "fans" are thinking twice about going so far? 1,2,3 (and 5 from my family)counting down....

Please don't diss on me, this is my 7th year and although I'm not moaning about how much I've spent (because I really have enjoyed each one) it's hard to be a fan when "seemingly" no-one from HQ cares. :( I could buy a brand new Panny 50in Plasma and all of the gear needed to run it for the price that I spend on going to Surfers. Hmmm, just a thought! :)

Take care all.

Rusty.

You think I was being sarcastic. I wasn't. I really feel bad for you guys. This totally sucks, and it is inexcusable.

Kiwifan
05-15-07, 05:56 AM
You think I was being sarcastic. HELL NO! That never entered my mind. Mate, you're a goodun. I really appreciate folk like you, a true fan. :thumbup:

I'm just a bit dissed at the moment. :) Waiting for October. Lol.

Rusty.

jonovision_man
05-15-07, 06:59 AM
I really feel bad for you guys. This totally sucks, and it is inexcusable.

Agreed. They almost blew it in Canada too, before finding the last-minute home at the Score.

I don't get it. This isn't year 1, these things should be sorted by now, especially in the markets you have a bloody race in! :thumdown:

jono

dando
05-18-07, 07:49 PM
The CCWS 'brain' trust prolly figger y'all are too busy shagging sheep to bother with watching a race. :p ;)

-Kevin

Kiwifan
05-18-07, 09:35 PM
I'm picking if thats what they are thinking then you guys should be worried too. ;)

I've almost given up on what they think to be honest. This from a Kiwifan who used to get up in the wee small hours to watch it Live, then the replays, Indy Lights, trips to Aus, Team Gear, magazines, Forums. Think what I'll be able to do with all the money I'll save! Might not have as much fun but hey, I might be able to afford that trip to the US and Canada I've always to do. :)

Rusty.

Disclaimer: Not a known Sheep-Shagger. I like Girls much, to my wifes displeasure. :rofl:

opinionated ow
05-19-07, 11:11 AM
The CCWS 'brain' trust prolly figger y'all are too busy shagging sheep to bother with watching a race. :p ;)

-Kevin

that'd be the kiwis, not the aussies :p