PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais to test Toro Rosso next week...

jonovision_man
05-13-07, 07:34 AM
... at Paul Ricard, and again in July at Spa.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58778

Serious chance it seems!

jono

pchall
05-13-07, 08:04 AM
Last Chance or Kiss of Career Death?

jonovision_man
05-13-07, 08:18 AM
If history is any guide, I guess it's "Kiss of Career Death" that is the most likely. ;)

Nothing left to accomplish here, might as well take a chance at the back of the F1 grid for a season. IMO.

jono

Insomniac
05-13-07, 12:15 PM
I guess this would be for a shot in 2008? I'd be quite surprised if N/H/L let him go mid-season to replace one of their current drivers. Given how crappy their cars were today, I don't know if they need new drivers more than a better car.

spinner26
05-13-07, 01:27 PM
I'd be quite surprised if N/H/L let him go mid-season to replace one of their current drivers.
I'd be quite surprised if N/H/L had the option to "let him go".

My guess is that if Sebastian and his peeps choose to make the switch they will and N/H/L will pick up the pieces and do what they need to.

Insomniac
05-13-07, 06:59 PM
I'd be quite surprised if N/H/L had the option to "let him go".

My guess is that if Sebastian and his peeps choose to make the switch they will and N/H/L will pick up the pieces and do what they need to.

No way he's driving for them without a contract for the full season. It would take a sizable check for them to just toss away a championship (possibly, too early to say for sure).

jonovision_man
05-13-07, 07:36 PM
Back when Bourdais had his first test, he said 2007 was off the table due to his contract with NH... so I'd be very very surprised (falling off my chair surprised!) to see anything happen before 2008.

jono

G.
05-14-07, 10:26 AM
I thought that someone from NHL said that if he got the chance, they would let him void his contract.

Selective memory?

Insomniac
05-14-07, 10:35 AM
I thought that someone from NHL said that if he got the chance, they would let him void his contract.

Selective memory?

Mid-Season? That would seem pretty stupid.

jonovision_man
05-17-07, 12:52 PM
Yesterday:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58866

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:05.614 133
2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:05.755 107
3. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:06.185 140
4. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:06.201 137
5. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:06.281 116
6. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:06.302 161
7. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:06.516 103
8. Wurz Williams-Toyota (B) 1:06.576 106
9. R. Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:06.598 111
10. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:07.743 142
11. Albers Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:07.946 66
12. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:08.134 67

And a nice interview after:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58877

Q. Is it not difficult to keep your focus on Champ Car?

SB: Like I said I jumped from one car to the other. It is something I like, and it is what I have been doing for a long time now. So, no problems.

Q. Can you compare the two cars?

SB: F1 is F1; you cannot compare it to anything - except that it has got four wheels and an engine. That is about the only similarity. It is really on a different planet. On the one side the grooved tyres make the car very, very different from the other cars. Also, because of the power and weight ratio, it is dramatically different to anything. It is much, much quicker.

It would be nicer to drive without grooved tyres, but it is not the way right now. One day they will revert because everybody knows they have been talking about it for a long time. I truly believe that more mechanical grip and less downforce is a better package than the way they have been pursuing for some time now. But we will see when it happens.

Q. When will we see you next?

SB: I think it has been announced that there is going to be a test in Spa. That will be the final evaluation, and the final test before they decide what they want to do with me. There is no mystery.

jono

Indy
05-17-07, 07:41 PM
Good quotes. Simple, honest, and to the point.

I know I am in the minority, but I have a hard time not liking the guy. His tantrums show passion, and that is a good thing. He just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut when things are not going his way.

Spicoli
05-17-07, 10:23 PM
On the one side the grooved tyres make the car very, very different from the other cars. Also, because of the power and weight ratio, it is dramatically different to anything. It is much, much quicker.

:tony: